Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC Marinated Salad

Yes, I know this is so 1980's, but I like it and I thought that maybe
you hadn't tried it yet or may have forgotten about it. Perfect to
take to a gathering.

Marinated Salad
1 small head cauliflower separated into flowerets
1 bell pepper cut into strips(recipe calls for green, but I use red)
1 large carrot cut into strips
4 stalks celery sliced
2 tomatoes cut into eights (I like more tomato)
1 jar (7.5 ounce) of pickled onions (cocktail onions)
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 pound small whole mushrooms, stemmed (can use larger and quarter
them)
1 cup corn oil
1 3/4 cup wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano leaves

Prepare vegetables. Saute minced garlic and mushrooms in oil until
tender. Add next 5 ingredients. Pour this marinade over vegetables.
Cover and chill 12 or more hours. Stir often. Arrange vegetables in
a lettuce lined bowl and garnish with anchovies and olives.
Serves 12

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

great with oo and splenda, Lee
"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
news
> Yes, I know this is so 1980's, but I like it and I thought that maybe
> you hadn't tried it yet or may have forgotten about it. Perfect to
> take to a gathering.
>
> Marinated Salad
> 1 small head cauliflower separated into flowerets
> 1 bell pepper cut into strips(recipe calls for green, but I use red)
> 1 large carrot cut into strips
> 4 stalks celery sliced
> 2 tomatoes cut into eights (I like more tomato)
> 1 jar (7.5 ounce) of pickled onions (cocktail onions)
> 1 clove garlic minced
> 1/2 pound small whole mushrooms, stemmed (can use larger and quarter
> them)
> 1 cup corn oil
> 1 3/4 cup wine vinegar
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
> 2 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
>
> Prepare vegetables. Saute minced garlic and mushrooms in oil until
> tender. Add next 5 ingredients. Pour this marinade over vegetables.
> Cover and chill 12 or more hours. Stir often. Arrange vegetables in
> a lettuce lined bowl and garnish with anchovies and olives.
> Serves 12
>
> Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:32:10 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> Yes, I know this is so 1980's, but I like it and I thought that maybe
>you hadn't tried it yet or may have forgotten about it. Perfect to
>take to a gathering.
>
>Marinated Salad
>1 small head cauliflower separated into flowerets
>1 bell pepper cut into strips(recipe calls for green, but I use red)
>1 large carrot cut into strips
>4 stalks celery sliced
>2 tomatoes cut into eights (I like more tomato)
>1 jar (7.5 ounce) of pickled onions (cocktail onions)
>1 clove garlic minced
>1/2 pound small whole mushrooms, stemmed (can use larger and quarter
>them)
>1 cup corn oil
>1 3/4 cup wine vinegar
>1/3 cup sugar
>2 tablespoons prepared mustard
>2 teaspoon salt
>1 teaspoon oregano leaves
>
>Prepare vegetables. Saute minced garlic and mushrooms in oil until
>tender. Add next 5 ingredients. Pour this marinade over vegetables.
>Cover and chill 12 or more hours. Stir often. Arrange vegetables in
>a lettuce lined bowl and garnish with anchovies and olives.
>Serves 12
>
>Janet US

This sound mighty nice, Janet. Thanks for posting it.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:10:37 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:32:10 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I know this is so 1980's, but I like it and I thought that maybe
>>you hadn't tried it yet or may have forgotten about it. Perfect to
>>take to a gathering.
>>
>>Marinated Salad
>>1 small head cauliflower separated into flowerets
>>1 bell pepper cut into strips(recipe calls for green, but I use red)
>>1 large carrot cut into strips
>>4 stalks celery sliced
>>2 tomatoes cut into eights (I like more tomato)
>>1 jar (7.5 ounce) of pickled onions (cocktail onions)
>>1 clove garlic minced
>>1/2 pound small whole mushrooms, stemmed (can use larger and quarter
>>them)
>>1 cup corn oil
>>1 3/4 cup wine vinegar
>>1/3 cup sugar
>>2 tablespoons prepared mustard
>>2 teaspoon salt
>>1 teaspoon oregano leaves
>>
>>Prepare vegetables. Saute minced garlic and mushrooms in oil until
>>tender. Add next 5 ingredients. Pour this marinade over vegetables.
>>Cover and chill 12 or more hours. Stir often. Arrange vegetables in
>>a lettuce lined bowl and garnish with anchovies and olives.
>>Serves 12
>>
>>Janet US

>This sound mighty nice, Janet. Thanks for posting it.
>
>Boron

You're welcome )
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 15, 3:32*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> *Yes, I know this is so 1980's, but I like it and I thought that maybe
> you hadn't tried it yet or may have forgotten about it. *Perfect to
> take to a gathering.
>
> Marinated Salad
> 1 small head cauliflower separated into flowerets
> 1 bell pepper cut into strips(recipe calls for green, but I use red)
> 1 large carrot cut into strips
> 4 stalks celery *sliced
> 2 tomatoes cut into eights (I like more tomato)
> 1 jar (7.5 ounce) of pickled onions (cocktail onions)
> 1 clove garlic minced
> 1/2 pound small whole mushrooms, stemmed (can use larger and quarter
> them)
> 1 cup corn oil
> 1 3/4 cup wine vinegar
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
> 2 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
>
> Prepare vegetables. *Saute minced garlic and mushrooms in oil until
> tender. *Add next 5 ingredients. *Pour this marinade over vegetables.
> Cover and chill *12 or more hours. *Stir often. *Arrange vegetables in
> a lettuce lined bowl and garnish with anchovies and olives.

Who cares if it's 80's? It's still damned good.

Marinated Cucumber Salad Julia Dream Recipes (moderated) 0 17-02-2008 05:54 PM
Marinated Calamari Salad Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2005 06:02 PM
Marinated Fruit Salad Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-07-2005 05:54 PM
Marinated Vegetable Salad b_layman_32 Recipes (moderated) 0 12-11-2004 12:55 AM
Marinated Mushroom Salad MrFalafel Vegan 11 27-11-2003 06:03 PM