Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm not a fan of shredded meat

You take a beautiful piece of barbecued meat with a wonderful
exterior, and cooked perfectly and you smash your hand in there and
rip it apart. I was watching a barbecue contest (TV) the other day,
and they made some beautiful pork shoulder and also brisket. Instead
of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just ripped it
apart. I'd never do that. I find it very unappetizing. It kind of
reminds me of another barbecue show that I watched, where they put a
side of hog on their smoker. When it was done, they shredded all the
meat and mixed it up. It just doesn't do anything for me. I mean cut
it off nicely etc. Up here in Canada our grocery store has already
gone in on the shredded meat craze. They sell pulled barbecue pork at
the deli counter. Count me out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 8:57*am, Portland > wrote:
> You take a beautiful piece of barbecued meat with a wonderful
> exterior, and cooked perfectly and you smash your hand in there and
> rip it apart. *I was watching a barbecue contest (TV) the other day,
> and they made some beautiful pork shoulder and also brisket. *Instead
> of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just ripped it
> apart. *I'd never do that. *I find it very unappetizing. *It kind of
> reminds me of another barbecue show that I watched, where they put a
> side of hog on their smoker. *When it was done, they shredded all the
> meat and mixed it up. *It just doesn't do anything for me. *I mean cut
> it off nicely etc. *Up here in Canada our grocery store has already
> gone in on the shredded meat craze. *They sell pulled barbecue pork at
> the deli counter. *Count me out.

You'reeee.....OUT!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 11:57*am, Portland > wrote:
> You take a beautiful piece of barbecued meat with a wonderful
> exterior, and cooked perfectly and you smash your hand in there and
> rip it apart. *I was watching a barbecue contest (TV) the other day,
> and they made some beautiful pork shoulder and also brisket. *Instead
> of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just ripped it
> apart. *I'd never do that. *I find it very unappetizing.

So, don't eat it. What good does it do to complain here?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 10:11*am, Cindy Hamilton >
wrote:
> On Jun 13, 11:57*am, Portland > wrote:
> > snip...of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just
> > ripped it apart. *I'd never do that. *I find it very unappetizing.

> So, don't eat it. *What good does it do to complain here?

Looking for like minded company....Picky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 12:22*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> On Jun 13, 10:11*am, Cindy Hamilton >
> wrote:> On Jun 13, 11:57*am, Portland > wrote:
> > > snip...of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just
> > > ripped it apart. *I'd never do that. *I find it very unappetizing..

> > So, don't eat it. *What good does it do to complain here?

> Looking for like minded company....Picky

He's only at the beginning stages of picky. Shredded pork, properly
flavored, is TDF!! ;-)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 1:22*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> On Jun 13, 10:11*am, Cindy Hamilton >
> wrote:> On Jun 13, 11:57*am, Portland > wrote:
> > > snip...of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just
> > > ripped it apart. *I'd never do that. *I find it very unappetizing..

> > So, don't eat it. *What good does it do to complain here?

> Looking for like minded company....Picky

To what purpose? Is he not confident of his opinion? Would
finding like-minded people here validate his preferences?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Portland" > wrote in message
> You take a beautiful piece of barbecued meat with a wonderful
> exterior, and cooked perfectly and you smash your hand in there and
> rip it apart. I was watching a barbecue contest (TV) the other day,
> and they made some beautiful pork shoulder and also brisket. Instead
> of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just ripped it
> apart. I'd never do that. I find it very unappetizing. It kind of
> reminds me of another barbecue show that I watched, where they put a
> side of hog on their smoker. When it was done, they shredded all the
> meat and mixed it up. It just doesn't do anything for me. I mean cut
> it off nicely etc. Up here in Canada our grocery store has already
> gone in on the shredded meat craze. They sell pulled barbecue pork at
> the deli counter. Count me out.

Shredded meat sticks in my teeth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:44:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Jun 13, 1:22*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:

> > > So, don't eat it. *What good does it do to complain here?

> > Looking for like minded company....Picky

> To what purpose? Is he not confident of his opinion? Would
> finding like-minded people here validate his preferences?

Sometimes people post what the rest of us think is odd to find out if
they are alone or not. Nothing wrong with that. We have some people
with real peculiarities posting here, so there could be quite a
contingent of like minded people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Portland" > wrote in message
> You take a beautiful piece of barbecued meat with a wonderful
> exterior, and cooked perfectly and you smash your hand in there and
> rip it apart. I was watching a barbecue contest (TV) the other day,
> and they made some beautiful pork shoulder and also brisket. Instead
> of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just ripped it
> apart. I'd never do that. I find it very unappetizing. It kind of
> reminds me of another barbecue show that I watched, where they put a
> side of hog on their smoker. When it was done, they shredded all the
> meat and mixed it up. It just doesn't do anything for me. I mean cut
> it off nicely etc. Up here in Canada our grocery store has already
> gone in on the shredded meat craze. They sell pulled barbecue pork at
> the deli counter. Count me out.

Q really is an American thing. Pulled pork sandwiches are the best
especially when served with a layer of tangy cole slaw. We serve it all
kinds of ways and pulled is just one.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2011 4:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Shredded meat sticks in my teeth.

Uck! TMI!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 9:57*am, Portland > wrote:
> You take a beautiful piece of barbecued meat with a wonderful
> exterior, and cooked perfectly and you smash your hand in there and
> rip it apart. *I was watching a barbecue contest (TV) the other day,
> and they made some beautiful pork shoulder and also brisket. *Instead
> of slicing the meat nicely when it was done, they just ripped it
> apart. *I'd never do that. *I find it very unappetizing. *It kind of
> reminds me of another barbecue show that I watched, where they put a
> side of hog on their smoker. *When it was done, they shredded all the
> meat and mixed it up. *It just doesn't do anything for me. *I mean cut
> it off nicely etc. *Up here in Canada our grocery store has already
> gone in on the shredded meat craze. *They sell pulled barbecue pork at
> the deli counter. *Count me out.

==
I've been to whole hog barbecues where all of it was doled oit by
grabbing chunks and ripping it out. Its the hillbilly way I guess or
Lord of the Flies way, I'm not sure. Caveman style is the "in" thang
don't cha know?
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>> Shredded barbecue is not really a Texas thing. Texas barbecue is
>> usually sliced, except for the "burnt ends sandwich" which is chopped.
>>
>> You get "pulled" (shredded) barbecue farther east -- Alabama, Georgia,
>> Carolinas, etc. HTH :-)

> Don't Mexicans use shredded meat?

Not all Texans are Mexicans, but that's still a great question. I think
they do; especially cabrito.

-Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:

> Shredded barbecue is not really a Texas thing. Texas barbecue is
> usually sliced, except for the "burnt ends sandwich" which is chopped.
>
> You get "pulled" (shredded) barbecue farther east -- Alabama, Georgia,
> Carolinas, etc. HTH :-)

Don't Mexicans use shredded meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2011 8:10 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
> Mark Thorson wrote:
>> zxcvbob wrote:
>>> Shredded barbecue is not really a Texas thing. Texas barbecue is
>>> usually sliced, except for the "burnt ends sandwich" which is chopped.
>>>
>>> You get "pulled" (shredded) barbecue farther east -- Alabama, Georgia,
>>> Carolinas, etc. HTH :-)

>> Don't Mexicans use shredded meat?

> Not all Texans are Mexicans, but that's still a great question. I think
> they do; especially cabrito.
>
> -Bob

There's a Mexican dish (not Tex-Mex) called Piccadillo (sp) which uses
shredded meat.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jun 13, 8:57*am, Portland > wrote:

As for me......I'm a big fan of both pulled pork and Mexican shredded
beef.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:34:20 -0700, ImStillMags wrote:

> On Jun 13, 8:57Â*am, Portland > wrote:
>

> As for me......I'm a big fan of both pulled pork and Mexican shredded
> beef.

As am I. I just made some shredded beef in the ol' slow cooker on
Saturday. I'm eating it in fajita-sized flour tortillas with havarti.

As crude as it sounds, I might do pulled pork (with barbecue sauce) this
coming weekend.

And yes I floss daily, so it's not a big deal.

-J

--
(remove underscores to reply via email)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 02:51:35 +0000 (UTC), /dev/phaeton
> wrote:

> I'm eating it in fajita-sized flour tortillas with havarti.

Heh! Fusion cooking, American style.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

one of the reason us hillbillies are tough s that we can fight for the food
if need be, we are all survivors, Lee