Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nice cookout

Just to wrap another thread, we had a nice cookout here today!

I'm south enough we've even used the AC once or twice (mostly to test it
out).

Had 19 people (some were kids from 6-17) munching down on various potluck
sorts of provender. Simple stuff from ruby grapefruit peeled and ready to
be eaten or dipped in a sugar bowl and eaten, to hot dogs and homemade
rotisserie chicken. Over a few beers and much provender we plotted the
basics of the block party for this year. Looking at 18 June so far? It's a
locals only thing but it's fun to chat about if any others plot the same
sort of mischief!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/04/2011 5:54 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Just to wrap another thread, we had a nice cookout here today!
>
> I'm south enough we've even used the AC once or twice (mostly to test it
> out).

Oh yeah. Rub it in. It was finally warm enough here to open the windows.
That is especially handy today with my previously posted comments about
burning very hot red pepper jelly on the glass stove top and having to
air the place out because I could not breath that smoke.

My wife bought salmon which she was planning to grill on the BBQ
tonight, but she forgot that she had a reunion dinner to go to. I
decided to heat up one of the met pies from her church women's group.
Those things are incredible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" wrot
> cshenk wrote:

>> Just to wrap another thread, we had a nice cookout here today!
>> I'm south enough we've even used the AC once or twice (mostly to test it
>> out).

> Oh yeah. Rub it in. It was finally warm enough here to open the windows.

Snicker, relax you time will come. I'll be glory-city in 100F before long.

> That is especially handy today with my previously posted comments about
> burning very hot red pepper jelly on the glass stove top and having to air
> the place out because I could not breath that smoke.
>
> My wife bought salmon which she was planning to grill on the BBQ
> tonight, but she forgot that she had a reunion dinner to go to. I decided
> to heat up one of the met pies from her church women's group. Those things
> are incredible.

Yummie! I used the oven for the first time in ages today. I pulled one of
the rye loaves out of the breadmaker and baked it there so I could make a
third loaf.

Alicalee's husband got reduced to half time (at least he wasnt laid off!).
Meantime her job increased her to full time but she doesnt make much over
minimum wage and with 5 kids, times are tight there. Sent them a loaf and
the leftovers others didnt take home from our picnic.