Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Handmade ravioli

Oh, and I don't have a pasta machine. I'll be using the old rolling pin.

Wish me luck !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Oh, and I don't have a pasta machine. *I'll be using the old rolling pin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> Oh, and I don't have a pasta machine. I'll be using the old rolling pin.
>
> Wish me luck !

You'll be amazed how easy it is. Pasta dough is pretty tough and forgiving.
Just roll it out as square as you can or you end up with more work making it
all second time. Best to make 2 big rectangles just one time. Oh, roll the
top piece out a bit bigger than the bottom piece. You will want a ravioli
wheel cutter. Drop the dollops of mixture onto the pasta but brush the
whole thing with egg mixture first then lay the top piece on top. Then
starting in the middle from left to right press the center edge together
using the edges of your hands. Then do the vertical edges, then push all
the air out and see the horizontal edges. Then cut them apart with the
cutting wheel. Let the raviolis dry for 30 minutes or so before cooking.
That gives the seams a chance to really set up.

It looks hard but it is very easy.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 11, 4:47*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message

> > Oh, and I don't have a pasta machine. *I'll be using the old rolling pin.

> > Wish me luck !

> You'll be amazed how easy it is. *Pasta dough is pretty tough and forgiving.
> Just roll it out as square as you can or you end up with more work making it
> all second time. *Best to make 2 big rectangles just one time. *Oh, roll the
> top piece out a bit bigger than the bottom piece. *You will want a ravioli
> wheel cutter. *Drop the dollops of mixture onto the pasta but brush the
> whole thing with egg mixture first then lay the top piece on top. *Then
> starting in the middle from left to right press the center edge together
> using the edges of your hands. *Then do the vertical edges, then push all
> the air out and see the horizontal edges. *Then cut them apart with the
> cutting wheel. *Let the raviolis dry for 30 minutes or so before cooking.
> That gives the seams a chance to really set up.
>
> It looks hard but it is very easy.
>
> Paul

Thanks for the tips. I don't have a ravioli wheel cutter but I'm not
going to make the small ravioli. I'm making a larger version, more on
the line of 3 or so per person, and I'll probably use my trusty large
tuna can "biscuit cutter and crimp the edges with a fork or
something. I'll make it up as I go along....half the fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:01:10 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> Thanks for the tips. I don't have a ravioli wheel cutter but I'm not
> going to make the small ravioli. I'm making a larger version, more on
> the line of 3 or so per person, and I'll probably use my trusty large
> tuna can "biscuit cutter and crimp the edges with a fork or
> something. I'll make it up as I go along....half the fun.

I don't have a ravioli cutter either (that wavy thing), but I used a
glass (to make round ravioli - I love the shape) and everything turned
out fine. I need to buy a set of round cookie cutters. Maybe the
next time I go to sur la table (I think I saw the set of 3 there -
that's the one I want).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:01:10 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the tips. I don't have a ravioli wheel cutter but I'm not
>> going to make the small ravioli. I'm making a larger version, more on
>> the line of 3 or so per person, and I'll probably use my trusty large
>> tuna can "biscuit cutter and crimp the edges with a fork or
>> something. I'll make it up as I go along....half the fun.

> I don't have a ravioli cutter either (that wavy thing), but I used a
> glass (to make round ravioli - I love the shape) and everything turned
> out fine. I need to buy a set of round cookie cutters. Maybe the
> next time I go to sur la table (I think I saw the set of 3 there -
> that's the one I want).

That could be a novelty. Ravioli in animal cookie shapes.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:01:10 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

>>> I don't have a ravioli cutter either (that wavy thing), but I used a
>>> glass (to make round ravioli - I love the shape) and everything
>>> turned out fine. I need to buy a set of round cookie cutters. Maybe the
>>> next time I go to sur la table (I think I saw the set of
>>> 3 there - that's the one I want).

>> That could be a novelty. Ravioli in animal cookie shapes.

> I once made heart shaped for Valentine's Day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:30:45 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > I don't have a ravioli cutter either (that wavy thing), but I used a
> > glass (to make round ravioli - I love the shape) and everything turned
> > out fine. I need to buy a set of round cookie cutters. Maybe the
> > next time I go to sur la table (I think I saw the set of 3 there -
> > that's the one I want).

> That could be a novelty. Ravioli in animal cookie shapes.

Heh, or it could be on the children's menu. I'll just stick with
boring old round.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:30:45 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I don't have a ravioli cutter either (that wavy thing), but I used a
>> > glass (to make round ravioli - I love the shape) and everything turned
>> > out fine. I need to buy a set of round cookie cutters. Maybe the
>> > next time I go to sur la table (I think I saw the set of 3 there -
>> > that's the one I want).

>> That could be a novelty. Ravioli in animal cookie shapes.
>>

> Heh, or it could be on the children's menu. I'll just stick with
> boring old round.

Well it would be consistent.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 7:40*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> Oh, and I don't have a pasta machine. *I'll be using the old rolling pin.

Member

I don't have a pasta machine. I'll be using the old rolling