Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you put eggs in your lasagna?

On 3/10/2011 4:45 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 3/10/2011 12:49 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> I mix a beaten egg (or two, can't remember) in the ricotta layer for
>> my lasagne. That's the way I've always made it.

> In the cheese mixture, I put a beaten egg or two. I add salt and pepper,
> fresh basil & parsley, parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
>
> Becca

Becca,

Try a dash of freshly ground nutmeg in the cheese. Yum.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message
> Oh. Beggin' your pardon, Julie. I thought everybody had things in their
> freezer that expired long ago. I have finally tossed the starched clothes
> I sprinkled to iron back in '47 and the Science Fair exhibit that didn't
> quite work. Polly

I just cleaned mine out last month. There is nothing old in there except
for maybe some package of steak for sandwiches that I don't even remember
buying. I plan to cook that for my husband. I have a feeling he is the one
who bought it. It's not the sort of thing I would buy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
news
> "Julie Bove" wrote
>
>> Fast forward several years. Now we have food allergies. She has
>> discovered frozen lasagna that she isn't allergic to. She loves it. But
>> it contains eggs. And I'm allergic to eggs.

> Julie, I don't make it often but I've never added eggs. I've done the
> cheese sort and the beefy/cheesy/tomato sort. I didn't even know it was
> traditional until this thread.
>
> What I am used to is adding lots of various veggies, especially to the no
> tomato/beef sorts. A basic white sauce of milk and toasted flour, spices,
> cottage cheese, then 2 other cheeses either smallish cubed or slivered (a
> yellow and a wite normally), and often tofu ('water fry' in a pan to
> firmly golden then cut and add).
>
> Favored veggies (no particular order, depends on what's handy): sauteed
> onions, green beans, slivers of garlic, asparagus (cheap canned works fine
> here but remove any woody stems), chopped sauteed brussel sprouts, diced
> broccoli stems, black olives, chopped fresh spinach, chopped bok choy,
> leek greens, mushrooms, okra, asian eggplant. I'm sure others have been
> added but those come automatically to mind. Oh! Japan, daikon was added.
> You could also add water chestnuts for the same effect but a woody flavor
> (I think Daikon would be better here).
>
>> I did buy some smaller casserole dishes for us to use while my husband is
>> away. Perhaps what I should do is start by pulling out a set amount of
>> noodles, then cooking and only using those?

> Experiment! Cooking isn't a set idea with no variation. Just because you
> were used to seeing an egg added, doesn't mean all of us are. Wile most
> seem to indicate it, I see several of us never heard of using one.
>
> I suspect the egg relates to using ricotta. With cottage cheese, you
> won't have that crumble effect that needs to be balanced with an egg
> binder.

Thanks! I will try making it. And if that works, I will try the stuffed
shells. My concern was that I would have a runny mess of cheese and I
didn't want that. I think I will try what I read about and use a mix of
ricotta and cottage cheese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:12:22 +0100, "Giusi" >
wrote:

> Of course, bechamel in fact.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:14:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> >
> > After our huge stuffed shell thread, I bought some. I looked at two
> > recipes, one by Giada and the one on the back of the box. Both have egg.

> That's why I haven't made the cheese stuffed shells either. But if it works
> in the lasagna with no eggs, maybe it will work with the shells?

Try it. It won't hold together the way it would if there was an egg
in it, but so what?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:20:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Mar 10, 4:58 am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Fast forward several years. Now we have food allergies. She has
> > > discovered frozen lasagna that she isn't allergic to. She loves it. But
> > > it contains eggs. And I'm allergic to eggs.

> > You are the only person I know of that uses eggs in lasagna. Never heard
> > of
> > it before, never thought it would have a place.

> I mix a beaten egg (or two, can't remember) in the ricotta layer for
> my lasagne. That's the way I've always made it.
>
> Julie, can you eat the egg substitutes? I am only asking because I
> don't know what they are made of.
>
> ---
> If you mean stuff like Egg Beaters, they are made with eggs. They are just
> the whites with some yellow food coloring. So, no. Can't have those.

Please use a different news reader or insert attribution markers
manually. The number of people who are using a broken news reader is
abominable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:20:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

>> > You are the only person I know of that uses eggs in lasagna. Never
>> > heard
>> > of
>> > it before, never thought it would have a place.

>> I mix a beaten egg (or two, can't remember) in the ricotta layer for
>> my lasagne. That's the way I've always made it.
>>
>> Julie, can you eat the egg substitutes? I am only asking because I
>> don't know what they are made of.
>>
>> ---
>> If you mean stuff like Egg Beaters, they are made with eggs. They are
>> just
>> the whites with some yellow food coloring. So, no. Can't have those.
>>

> Please use a different news reader or insert attribution markers
> manually. The number of people who are using a broken news reader is
> abominable.

It's not *my* newsreader that is broken. Most people's posts show up
correctly. Some do not. And I'm not about to go into each of those and put
the greater than signs on every line. This is why I put the three dashes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 10, 12:58*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:14:45 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
> wrote:
>

> >On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 05:58:20 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
> > wrote:

> >>You are the only person I know of that uses eggs in lasagna. *Never heard of
> >>it before, never thought it would have a place.

> >Goomba and I do. * * I mix a couple into the ricotta/parm cheese
> >layer. * *I think it holds the flavor & layer together and makes it
> >richer.

> I think that would be absolutely disgusting. *Were I asked how to
> include eggs in lasagna I'd have to say to use egg noodles, and even
> that would be TIAD.

She didn't phrase the question correctly.
The question is whether one uses beaten egg in their ricotta mixture
when they make lasagna.

I never made lasagna until I was in college. I worked in one of the
offices on campus and I asked two motherly types how to make lasagna.
Both were of Italian heritage. One told me to mix the ricotta with a
beaten egg, it helps to bind the shredded cheeses together with the
ricotta. One told me she didn't bother with that step.

Over the years, I have made it both ways. It will "work" either way.
It just depends on what you like.
I have to say that I prefer the texture of the lasagna with the beaten
egg mixed into the ricotta. It makes the ricotta layer more of a
"layer", less like blobs of cheese randomly placed between the pasta
and sauce.

But obviously if you can't eat eggs, just leave it out. There texture
will be different, but the lasagna will certainly work. The quality of
the cheeses you use is more important than whether you add a beaten
egg to the mixture. and the quality of the sauce, of course, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:05:13 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> It's not *my* newsreader that is broken. Most people's posts show
> up correctly. Some do not.

Then I apologize. The more Windows Live is used, the more unreadable
threads in rfc become. I am so annoyed by this, I'm thinking about
introducing certain posters (whom I like otherwise) to the kill file
until they find another news reader.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:05:13 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> It's not *my* newsreader that is broken. Most people's posts show
>> up correctly. Some do not.

> Then I apologize. The more Windows Live is used, the more unreadable
> threads in rfc become. I am so annoyed by this, I'm thinking about
> introducing certain posters (whom I like otherwise) to the kill file
> until they find another news reader.
>
> --

Ack! That Windows Live is soooo annoying. I used to use MSN Messenger. I
won't use it any more because it is suspect after I got that virus on my
computer. Anyway... The last time I did an update (probably 2 years ago),
it tried to put my mail through Windows Live Mail. I got it corrected and
back to Outlook Express, but it changed the association of the .eml files to
it. As a result, I could not view such files. Luckily only one person ever
sent me such files. Has to do with the way her e-mail is sent through
CompuServe. It took me until just last week to get the problem solved. I
tried and tried to reassociate those files but it just wouldn't work. Then
I downloaded a .eml viewer in an attempt to read her mails. That was a pain
in the patoot to use and I was only ever able to get it to work once. Alas,
this person is the type that forwards anything and everything that comes her
way and frankly I don't even want to see 95% of what she sends me. But she
wound up getting angry with me because *I* couldn't read her mail. I could
not get her to see that the problem was with the way she was forwarding the
mail. Now it is finally fixed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
She didn't phrase the question correctly.
The question is whether one uses beaten egg in their ricotta mixture
when they make lasagna.

---

I did explain how I used to make lasagna and where I put the eggs.

---

I never made lasagna until I was in college. I worked in one of the
offices on campus and I asked two motherly types how to make lasagna.
Both were of Italian heritage. One told me to mix the ricotta with a
beaten egg, it helps to bind the shredded cheeses together with the
ricotta. One told me she didn't bother with that step.

---

Okay.

Over the years, I have made it both ways. It will "work" either way.
It just depends on what you like.
I have to say that I prefer the texture of the lasagna with the beaten
egg mixed into the ricotta. It makes the ricotta layer more of a
"layer", less like blobs of cheese randomly placed between the pasta
and sauce.

But obviously if you can't eat eggs, just leave it out. There texture
will be different, but the lasagna will certainly work. The quality of
the cheeses you use is more important than whether you add a beaten
egg to the mixture. and the quality of the sauce, of course, too.

---

Thanks! I was worried that I would have a runny mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 10, 9:09*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
>

> But obviously if you can't eat eggs, just leave it out. *There texture
> will be different, but the lasagna will certainly work. The quality of
> the cheeses you use is more important than whether you add a beaten
> egg to the mixture. and the quality of the sauce, of course, too.
>
> ---
>
> Thanks! *I was worried that I would have a runny mess.

I would drain the ricotta... and add maybe some grated parm to the
mixture. I don't know what the egg replacer is made of, so I don't
know if it will work. You need something to bind to the proteins in
the cheese to make it more solid. Or have it less solid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
On Mar 10, 9:09 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
>

> But obviously if you can't eat eggs, just leave it out. There texture
> will be different, but the lasagna will certainly work. The quality of
> the cheeses you use is more important than whether you add a beaten
> egg to the mixture. and the quality of the sauce, of course, too.
>
> ---
>
> Thanks! I was worried that I would have a runny mess.

I would drain the ricotta... and add maybe some grated parm to the
mixture. I don't know what the egg replacer is made of, so I don't
know if it will work. You need something to bind to the proteins in
the cheese to make it more solid. Or have it less solid.

---
It's potato starch I think.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

>>> My two favorites, artichoke and asparagus lasagne, don't.

>> Yum! I've never thought about putting either one of those in a lasagne.

> They are the stars, no meat, no tomato, no ricotta. No egg unless you
> make or buy fresh egg lasagne.

One of these years I'm going to make butternut squash lasagna at
Thanksgiving.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

>>> They are the stars, no meat, no tomato, no ricotta. No egg unless you
>>> make or buy fresh egg lasagne.
>>>

>> There must be some sort of a sauce... béchamel? I can't imagine plain
>> noodles and vegetables.

> Of course, bechamel in fact.

For Easter last year I made pork with a kind of Parmesan hollandaise sauce.
I bet that sauce would be awesome in asparagus or artichoke lasagna.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:12:22 +0100, "Giusi" >
> wrote:
>
>> Of course, bechamel in fact.

> Thanks.

I published at least the artichoke one at Easter, but whether 2010 or 2009 I
don't recall. Use the search box, if interested.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Giusi wrote:
>>> There must be some sort of a sauce... béchamel? I can't imagine
>>> plain>>> noodles and vegetables.

>> Of course, bechamel in fact.

> For Easter last year I made pork with a kind of Parmesan hollandaise
> sauce. > I bet that sauce would be awesome in asparagus or artichoke
> lasagna.

The taste might be very nice, but wouldn't it break in the oven?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

>>> Of course, bechamel in fact.

>> For Easter last year I made pork with a kind of Parmesan hollandaise
>> sauce. I bet that sauce would be awesome in asparagus or artichoke
>> lasagna.

> The taste might be very nice, but wouldn't it break in the oven?

It wouldn't have to be lasagna al forno. You could just cook the noodles and
layer them with the sauce and vegetables. The bigger problem is that the
sauce isn't a separate part of the Easter recipe; it's constructed with the
ingredients already in the pan. It wouldn't be impossible to create a
Parmesan hollandaise (garlic was also a significant ingredient), but it's
not quite as straightforward as it seems. Here's the recipe I followed
(using pork instead of veal, because a veal roast couldn't be found):

<http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/veal-with-egg-sauce-vitello-brodettato-recipe/index.html>

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

You would be surprised, Bob. When our beloved kitty was ill with Addison's
Disease, his tummy needed special care. One of the things his fine vets
suggested was scraped apple. Just like Grandma used to spoon apple to a
toddler. OTOH, the Yorkie thinks that lettuce and celery are not fit for
dogs. Polly

"Bob Terwilliger" <> In the summertime, when there are farmers' markets
almost every day of the
> week, I would love to shop every day just for ingredients to go into that
> night's dinner.
>
> Of course, your situation is different; you just need to replenish your
> oatmeal and SPAM at semi-annual intervals. It would be a waste for you to
> bring fresh fruits and vegetables into the house. Your cats wouldn't be
> interested, and you wouldn't know how to cook them anyway.
>
> Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:54:44 +0100, "Giusi" >
wrote:

> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:12:22 +0100, "Giusi" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Of course, bechamel in fact.

> > Thanks.

> I published at least the artichoke one at Easter, but whether 2010 or 2009 I
> don't recall. Use the search box, if interested.

Okay, thanks again - will do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:36:37 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> For Easter last year I made pork with a kind of Parmesan hollandaise sauce.
> I bet that sauce would be awesome in asparagus or artichoke lasagna.

It would be fabulous on asparagus, or eggs benedict made with
asparagus. Hmmm....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:32:38 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Of course, your situation is different; you just need to replenish your
> oatmeal and SPAM at semi-annual intervals. It would be a waste for you to
> bring fresh fruits and vegetables into the house. Your cats wouldn't be
> interested, and you wouldn't know how to cook them anyway.

Oh, come on Bob... even I know he has a huge vegetable garden during
the summer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message
> Oh. Beggin' your pardon, Julie. I thought everybody had things in their
> freezer that expired long ago. I have finally tossed the starched clothes
> I sprinkled to iron back in '47 and the Science Fair exhibit that didn't
> quite work. Polly

lol

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Polly Esther" > wrote in message
>> Oh. Beggin' your pardon, Julie. I thought everybody had things in their
>> freezer that expired long ago. I have finally tossed the starched
>> clothes I sprinkled to iron back in '47 and the Science Fair exhibit that
>> didn't quite work. Polly

Would you believe I have a plastic bag of handkerchiefs in the fridge?
They've only been there a week, though. I think I'm one of 16 Little Old
Ladies who still irons her linen handkerchiefs.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-11, Felice > wrote:

> Would you believe I have a plastic bag of handkerchiefs in the fridge?
> They've only been there a week, though. I think I'm one of 16 Little Old
> Ladies who still irons her linen handkerchiefs.

I've never used a hanky. Ick! Like a Japanese character in an Ian
Fleming book tells James Bond, "We do not understand why anyone would
carry bodily excretions around in pocket like prized possesion". My
thoughts, exactly.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 10, 4:21*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in ...
> On Mar 10, 8:32 am, "Felice" > wrote:
>
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message >

> > <cutting to the chase>

> > > So have you successfully made a cheese or cheese and veggie lasagna with
> > > no eggs?

> > No. I mix an egg in with the ricotta, as it seems most cooks do.

> > But I had an aunt who put sliced hard-cooked eggs in her lasagna. How's
> > that
> > for nasty?

> Wow! *That's a new twist. *That's about as bad as the people that put
> a hard-cooked egg in the middle of a meatloaf.
>
> ---
> Eeeeeeeew.

LOL. I've mentioned before our junior high cafeteria's favorite:
"Spinach Loaf" with hard-cooked eggs in the center. Can you think of
anything less likely to appeal to junior high kids? LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2011-03-11, Felice > wrote:
>
>> Would you believe I have a plastic bag of handkerchiefs in the fridge?
>> They've only been there a week, though. I think I'm one of 16 Little Old
>> Ladies who still irons her linen handkerchiefs.

> I've never used a hanky. Ick! Like a Japanese character in an Ian
> Fleming book tells James Bond, "We do not understand why anyone would
> carry bodily excretions around in pocket like prized possesion". My
> thoughts, exactly.
>
> nb

They're for the ladylike pat (or for dropping at a gentleman's foot). A
serious blow gets a tissue. In my day, one couldn't leave the house without
a clean "for show" hankie!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-11, Felice > wrote:

> a clean "for show" hankie!

Well.... OK. I can see a "for show" hankie.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:31:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 4:21*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in ...
> > On Mar 10, 8:32 am, "Felice" > wrote:
> >
> > > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message >

> > > <cutting to the chase>

> > > No. I mix an egg in with the ricotta, as it seems most cooks do.

> > > But I had an aunt who put sliced hard-cooked eggs in her lasagna. How's
> > > that
> > > for nasty?

> > Wow! *That's a new twist. *That's about as bad as the people that put
> > a hard-cooked egg in the middle of a meatloaf.
> >
> > ---
> > Eeeeeeeew.

> LOL. I've mentioned before our junior high cafeteria's favorite:
> "Spinach Loaf" with hard-cooked eggs in the center. Can you think of
> anything less likely to appeal to junior high kids? LOL.

Hey, it's a meatless meal. Now you're making me look up a spinach
loaf recipe. Sounds good.... minus the hard boiled egg of course.

Googling.... google "spinach loaf" and hit images - not bad looking!
I'd make one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Mar 2011 17:28:10 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2011-03-11, Felice > wrote:
>
> > Would you believe I have a plastic bag of handkerchiefs in the fridge?
> > They've only been there a week, though. I think I'm one of 16 Little Old
> > Ladies who still irons her linen handkerchiefs.

> I've never used a hanky. Ick! Like a Japanese character in an Ian
> Fleming book tells James Bond, "We do not understand why anyone would
> carry bodily excretions around in pocket like prized possesion". My
> thoughts, exactly.

There was a time, not too long ago, when you either did that or wore
it on your sleeve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 12:28*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-03-11, Felice > wrote:
>
> > Would you believe I have a plastic bag of handkerchiefs in the fridge?
> > They've only been there a week, though. I think I'm one of 16 Little Old
> > Ladies who still irons her linen handkerchiefs.

> I've never used a hanky. *Ick! *Like a Japanese character in an Ian
> Fleming book tells James Bond, "We do not understand why anyone would
> carry bodily excretions around in pocket like prized possesion". *My
> thoughts, exactly. *
>
> nb

I use 'em for cleaning my glasses. (And drying them on rainy
days.) One in the car, one in the inner pocket of my raincoat.
When I travel and carry a purse (or daybag), one in there.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Mar 10, 4:21 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in
> On Mar 10, 8:32 am, "Felice" > wrote:
>
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message >

> > <cutting to the chase>

> > > So have you successfully made a cheese or cheese and veggie lasagna
> > > with
> > > no eggs?

> > No. I mix an egg in with the ricotta, as it seems most cooks do.

> > But I had an aunt who put sliced hard-cooked eggs in her lasagna. How's
> > that
> > for nasty?

> Wow! That's a new twist. That's about as bad as the people that put
> a hard-cooked egg in the middle of a meatloaf.
>
> ---
> Eeeeeeeew.

LOL. I've mentioned before our junior high cafeteria's favorite:
"Spinach Loaf" with hard-cooked eggs in the center. Can you think of
anything less likely to appeal to junior high kids? LOL.

---

Not really!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-03-11, sf > wrote:

> There was a time, not too long ago, when you....

Maybe you.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:42:21 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
> I use 'em for cleaning my glasses. (And drying them on rainy
> days.) One in the car, one in the inner pocket of my raincoat.
> When I travel and carry a purse (or daybag), one in there.

Even soft cotton, like tshirts, will scratch up all lens coatings and
any lens that isn't glass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:

>> On 2011-03-11, Felice > wrote:
>>
>> > Would you believe I have a plastic bag of handkerchiefs in the fridge?
>> > They've only been there a week, though. I think I'm one of 16 Little Old
>> > Ladies who still irons her linen handkerchiefs.

>> I've never used a hanky. Ick! Like a Japanese character in an Ian
>> Fleming book tells James Bond, "We do not understand why anyone would
>> carry bodily excretions around in pocket like prized possesion".

Well, I'll tell ya...

In the navy when sailors went on liberty they didn't wash their hands
before returning to the ship so they could wave a finger under the
noses of the sailers who had the duty... I didn't wash my mustache for
a couple days either. hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Untrimmed below for a reason:

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:20:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

>> > You are the only person I know of that uses eggs in lasagna. Never
>> > heard
>> > of
>> > it before, never thought it would have a place.

>> I mix a beaten egg (or two, can't remember) in the ricotta layer for
>> my lasagne. That's the way I've always made it.
>>
>> Julie, can you eat the egg substitutes? I am only asking because I
>> don't know what they are made of.
>>
>> ---
>> If you mean stuff like Egg Beaters, they are made with eggs. They are
>> just
>> the whites with some yellow food coloring. So, no. Can't have those.
>>

> Please use a different news reader or insert attribution markers
> manually. The number of people who are using a broken news reader is
> abominable.

SF, it's the googlegroups person she's replying to. Changing Julie's
newsreader isnt going to fix that. More and more folks are just 'giving up'
on adding back in what should be automatic. At least she separates it which
helps. many don't even bother with that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote
> "Julie Bove" wrote:

>> It's not *my* newsreader that is broken. Most people's posts show
>> up correctly. Some do not.

> Then I apologize. The more Windows Live is used, the more unreadable
> threads in rfc become. I am so annoyed by this, I'm thinking about
> introducing certain posters (whom I like otherwise) to the kill file
> until they find another news reader.

Grin, the one you referenced (nancy2) was googlegroups based.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Mar 2011 20:14:42 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2011-03-11, sf > wrote:
>
> > There was a time, not too long ago, when you....

> Maybe you.

Not just me. You too. I can remember when a new product called
Kleenex was first introduced to the market I lived in. Before that,
we used "potty hankies" when we wanted to blow our noses at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On 11 Mar 2011 20:14:42 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2011-03-11, sf > wrote:
>>
>> > There was a time, not too long ago, when you....

>> Maybe you.
>>

> Not just me. You too. I can remember when a new product called
> Kleenex was first introduced to the market I lived in. Before that,
> we used "potty hankies" when we wanted to blow our noses at home.

Love it! As for the linen hankies, ours were not just tossed in the
laundry -- they were boiled (in a pot devoted just to them).

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking