Apsyrtes

Default What to do with my hock?

Just making up some black beans..... it's simmering now with a ham
hock in it. I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one
for anything. I have about two hours now to contemplate what I am
going to do with this hunk of meat when I remove it from the beans.

Would this be something I could, say.... food process with some mayo
etc. and use as ham salad for sandwiches?
CJB

previously in rfc, Apsyrtes > wrote:

> Just making up some black beans..... it's simmering now with a ham
> hock in it. I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one
> for anything. I have about two hours now to contemplate what I am
> going to do with this hunk of meat when I remove it from the beans.
>
> Would this be something I could, say.... food process with some mayo
> etc. and use as ham salad for sandwiches?

You could pull the meat off and use it with the beans. That's what I do
when I make bean soups with a ham hock.

-Claudia
CJB

previously in rfc, Apsyrtes > wrote:

> Just making up some black beans..... it's simmering now with a ham
> hock in it. I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one
> for anything. I have about two hours now to contemplate what I am
> going to do with this hunk of meat when I remove it from the beans.
>
> Would this be something I could, say.... food process with some mayo
> etc. and use as ham salad for sandwiches?

You could pull the meat off and use it with the beans. That's what I do
when I make bean soups with a ham hock.

-Claudia
MIkol

"Apsyrtes" > wrote in message
> Just making up some black beans..... it's simmering now with a ham
> hock in it. I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one
> for anything. I have about two hours now to contemplate what I am
> going to do with this hunk of meat when I remove it from the beans.
>
> Would this be something I could, say.... food process with some mayo
> etc. and use as ham salad for sandwiches?

Pull the meat and add it to your beans!!!

PENMART01

>You could pull the meat off. That's what I do
>
>-Claudia

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>MIkol" says:
>
>>"Apsyrtes" wrote
>>
>>I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one for anything. Now to

>contemplate what I am going to do with this hunk of meat. Would this be
>>something I could, say.... food process with some mayo etc. and use as ham
>>salad for sandwiches?

>Pull the meat and add it to your beans!!!

White sauce?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Van

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >You could pull the meat off. That's what I do
>>
>>-Claudia

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Twisted, perverted old f

Nevermind. I had the same thoughts . . .

Van

Van

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >You could pull the meat off. That's what I do
>>
>>-Claudia

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Twisted, perverted old f

Nevermind. I had the same thoughts . . .

Van

MIkol

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >MIkol" says:
> >
> >>"Apsyrtes" wrote
> >>
> >>I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one for anything.

Now to
> >contemplate what I am going to do with this hunk of meat. Would this be
> >>something I could, say.... food process with some mayo etc. and use as

ham
> >>salad for sandwiches?

> >Pull the meat and add it to your beans!!!

> White sauce?
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon

Maybe you forgot to put your glasses on to read the original post? but aside
from that, I don't want any of that "White sauce"

MIkol

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >MIkol" says:
> >
> >>"Apsyrtes" wrote
> >>
> >>I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one for anything.

Now to
> >contemplate what I am going to do with this hunk of meat. Would this be
> >>something I could, say.... food process with some mayo etc. and use as

ham
> >>salad for sandwiches?

> >Pull the meat and add it to your beans!!!

> White sauce?
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon

Maybe you forgot to put your glasses on to read the original post? but aside
from that, I don't want any of that "White sauce"

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Apsyrtes
> wrote:

> Just making up some black beans..... it's simmering now with a ham
> hock in it. I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one
> for anything. I have about two hours now to contemplate what I am
> going to do with this hunk of meat when I remove it from the beans.
>
> Would this be something I could, say.... food process with some mayo
> etc. and use as ham salad for sandwiches?

Nah, just eat the meat with the beans. It's rich-tasting meat.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Wayne Boatwright

Apsyrtes > wrote in
:

> Just making up some black beans..... it's simmering now with a ham
> hock in it. I've never seen one of these before, nevermind use one
> for anything. I have about two hours now to contemplate what I am
> going to do with this hunk of meat when I remove it from the beans.
>
> Would this be something I could, say.... food process with some mayo
> etc. and use as ham salad for sandwiches?

Quite honestly, I don't think you'd like ham salad made with it. From the
cooking method and amount of fat, it would be both too wet and too soft.
Ham salad is best made from ham that is both drier and firmer.

I usually use a ham hock when I cook various types of grees. In that case,
I cut it into small chunks or shred it and add it back into the green. It
would probably work just as well with the beans.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.