Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Canned vienna sausages

I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
the dog a pill.

But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard?
Can you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?

I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 22, 11:17*pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. *I used to love
> 'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
> younger than that at the time.) *So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
> for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
> the dog a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard?
> Can you fry them? *Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>
> Bob

I dunno, I always ate them like you described.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:17:03 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

> I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
> 'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
> younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
> for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
> the dog a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard?
> Can you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...

They basically turn into potted meat if you heat them in any way.
Which coincidently, is also about $.38/can.

Maybe you could try dry aging them.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
> I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
> 'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
> younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
> for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
> the dog a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
> you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>
> Bob

A bit of mustard & mashed garlic and puree, makes a tolerable 'deviled ham'.

Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

My cats wouldn't eat them, but they wont eat any meats i offer them.

I remember rinsing them in hot water to remove the congealed fat they
are packed in.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:

> Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
> pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

<snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:
>

>>Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
>>pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?
>
> -sw

Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.
--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
>'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
>younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘ for
>a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give the dog
>a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
> you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>
> Bob

Wow! That's a good price. I think the cheapest I have seen them here is 50
cents. I'm sure they could probably be used in some sort of recipe, but I
don't know how. They are pretty soft. Not sure they would stand up to
frying.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:
>
>> Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
>> pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

I once went to a potluck where a person brought aerosol cheese and crackers.
Nobody ate any.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 2:04*am, JL > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:

> >>Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
> >>pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

> > <snork!!!> *Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? *If somebody
> > honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> > person. *I would feel oddly uncomfortable. *What feeling is that?

No one has suggested consulting Sheldon. I bet his SPAM recipes could
easily be modified to work with Vienna Sausages.

> > -sw

> Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
> exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

You just have trashy friends, or at least you attend pot lucks with
trashy people.

> --
>
> Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 12:17 AM, zxcvbob wrote:
> I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
> 'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
> younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
> for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
> the dog a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
> you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>
> Bob

Leave the at the store. Blech.

--
Currently reading: Star Trek TOS #2 The Entropy Effect by vonda macintyre

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 2:01*am, Meh > wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:17:03 -0500, zxcvbob > wrote:
> >I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. *I used to love
> >'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
> >younger than that at the time.) *So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
> >for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
> >the dog a pill.

> >But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> >saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard?
> >Can you fry them? *Or mash 'em up and make paté?

> >I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...

> I use them on sandwiches (with cheese), in chili,
> and in ramen-style soups for a bit of protein.

You don't really...do you?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
>'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
>younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘ for
>a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give the dog
>a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
> you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>
> Bob

Flashback to childhood: Felice keeps a can or two hidden in her bedroom and
secretly snacks on them late at night.

Hee hee.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
>'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
>younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘ for
>a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give the dog
>a pill.
>
> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
> you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>
> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>
> Bob

Strange. I ate them in my yoot, too. They were a common lunch and hike
pack item. Then I saw them a couple of months ago at the Dollar Store, in a
blue can, Del Monte, IIRC, maybe not. I bought a couple of cans. I love
them now, and buy them six at a time. My wife hates when I open them, so I
just tell her to hush or I'll open a can of kippers and really smell up the
place. I also love kippers. Nothing like a can of VS, followed by a can of
kipper snacks to cleanse the palate. ;-) MMM MMM Good!

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 10:48*am, "Steve B" > wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message

> >I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. *I used to love
> >'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
> >younger than that at the time.) *So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘ for
> >a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give the dog
> >a pill.

> > But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> > saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
> > you fry them? *Or mash 'em up and make paté?

> > I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...

> > Bob

> Strange. *I ate them in my yoot, too. *They were a common lunch and hike
> pack item. *Then I saw them a couple of months ago at the Dollar Store, in a
> blue can, Del Monte, IIRC, maybe not. *I bought a couple of cans. *I love
> them now, and buy them six at a time. *

Eating them is one thing. Using them in a "rec ipe" is a whole nother
matter.

> My wife hates when I open them, so I
> just tell her to hush or I'll open a can of kippers and really smell up the
> place. *I also love kippers. *Nothing like a can of VS, followed by a can of
> kipper snacks to cleanse the palate. *;-) *MMM MMM Good!

I love reading the phrase, "followed by a can of kipper snacks to
cleanse the palate."

> Steve

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2:04 am, JL > wrote:
>
>>Sqwertz wrote:

>>><snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
>>>honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
>>>person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

>>Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>>exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

> You just have trashy friends, or at least you attend pot lucks with
> trashy people.
> --Bryan

*chuckle* cant be any worse than your own trash talk.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:04:20 -0700, JL wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
>> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
>> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

> Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
> exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck. That's just so wrong, no
doubt about that. And you know it too. I'm sure at least Bryan
will back me up on this, and you know it too, Joseph.

You've *certainly* had you share of snotty posts. I especially
liked your recommendation to the beginner cook to go out and buy
Escoffier. And you defended your position with great pompousness
and bravado. Yeah - you're so much more tolerant that I <snork>.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:04:20 -0700, JL wrote:

> Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
> exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

> Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Oh, I forgot to comment on your .sig, too. You do know that
"Esquire" means "pompous asshole" here in America, don't you?

Are you even English born?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:27:47 -0400, Felice wrote:

> Flashback to childhood: Felice keeps a can or two hidden in her bedroom and
> secretly snacks on them late at night.

Childhood? Uh-huh.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Squirtz wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:04:20 -0700, JL wrote:
>

>>Sqwertz wrote:
>>

>>><snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
>>>honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
>>>person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

>>Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>>exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

> I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
> Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck.

In your opinion and the last time i looked you weren't claiming divine
revelation, though with your present attitude it wouldn't surprise me if
you did.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:04:20 -0700, JL wrote:
>

>>Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>>exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

>>Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

> Oh, I forgot to comment on your .sig, too. You do know that
> "Esquire" means "pompous asshole" here in America, don't you?
>
> Are you even English born?
>
> -sw

I don't routinely, ostentatiously and condescendingly display my derriere.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:27:47 -0400, Felice wrote:
>
>> Flashback to childhood: Felice keeps a can or two hidden in her bedroom
>> and
>> secretly snacks on them late at night.

> Childhood? Uh-huh.
>
> -sw

Uh-huh yourself! Did I say whether it was my first or second?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 11:56 AM, Squirtz wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:04:20 -0700, JL wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
>>> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
>>> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

>> Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>> exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

> I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
> Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck. That's just so wrong, no
> doubt about that. And you know it too. I'm sure at least Bryan
> will back me up on this, and you know it too, Joseph.

OTOH, I'm starting to think it might be funny to sneak some VS's in to a
potluck just to make people feel "oddly uncomfortable". ;-) I could
arrange them artfully (and anonymously) on a paper plate with little
fancy toothpicks...

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:52:04 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

> OTOH, I'm starting to think it might be funny to sneak some VS's in to a
> potluck just to make people feel "oddly uncomfortable". ;-) I could
> arrange them artfully (and anonymously) on a paper plate with little
> fancy toothpicks...

And the walk around and whisper to people individually:

"Psst... So who brought the, uh, Vienna sausages?"

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:37:11 -0700, JL wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:04:20 -0700, JL wrote:
>>
>>>Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>>>exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

>>>Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

>> Oh, I forgot to comment on your .sig, too. You do know that
>> "Esquire" means "pompous asshole" here in America, don't you?
>>
>> Are you even English born?

> I don't routinely, ostentatiously and condescendingly display my derriere.

I'll take that as meaning, "Mr Joseph Paul Littletoes, Pompous Ass".

ObFood: Bacon and Egg Salad with campari tomatoes, romaine lettuce,
and American cheese for breakfast. A BLT with egg and cheese.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:
>
> > Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
> > pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

Perhaps ennui?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Wow! That's a good price. I think the cheapest I have seen them here is 50
> cents. I'm sure they could probably be used in some sort of recipe, but I
> don't know how. They are pretty soft. Not sure they would stand up to
> frying.

Coated with batter and deep-fried would probably work
with regard to the mechanical integrity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:37:11 -0700, JL wrote:
>

>>Sqwertz wrote:

>>>Oh, I forgot to comment on your .sig, too. You do know that
>>>"Esquire" means "pompous asshole" here in America, don't you?
>>>
>>>Are you even English born?

>>I don't routinely, ostentatiously and condescendingly display my derriere.

> I'll take that as meaning, "Mr Joseph Paul Littletoes, Pompous Ass".
>
> -sw

Apparently your reading comprehension is on a par with your own pompous
attitude.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:32:02 -0700, JL wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>>I don't routinely, ostentatiously and condescendingly display my derriere.

>> I'll take that as meaning, "Mr Joseph Paul Littletoes, Pompous Ass".

> Apparently your reading comprehension is on a par with your own pompous
> attitude.

And you're so stuck up you can't comprehend, my friend.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 18:36:26 GMT, l, not -l wrote:

> On 23-Oct-2010, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>>> Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

>> Oh, I forgot to comment on your .sig, too. You do know that
>> "Esquire" means "pompous asshole" here in America, don't you?

> While I don't disagree with the definition you suggest, I most often see it
> used by lawyers - I guess that confirms the validity of the meaning you
> attribute to it. 8-)

It not a legal term for "Lawyer". But it is _illegal_ to use the
title "Esquire" and practice law in any form without a license.
Joey gets all the glory of being a pompous ass without the extra
4-5 years of college and continuing education requirements.

Those are USA laws, which is where Joey resides.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:51:10 -0500, squirtz wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:17:03 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
>> 'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
>> younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘
>> for a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give
>> the dog a pill.
>>
>> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
>> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard?
>> Can you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>>
>> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...

> They basically turn into potted meat if you heat them in any way.
> Which coincidently, is also about $.38/can.
>
> Maybe you could try dry aging them.
>
> -sw

<snort>

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 01:19:32 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:
>
>> Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
>> pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?
>
> -sw

real life.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:35:21 -0700, JL wrote:

> Squirtz wrote:

>>>Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>>>exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

>> I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
>> Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck.

> In your opinion and the last time i looked you weren't claiming divine
> revelation, though with your present attitude it wouldn't surprise me if
> you did.

vienna sausages are not in accordance with god's great plan.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

squirtz wrote:

> Maybe you could try dry aging them.

Or a confit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:27:47 -0400, Felice wrote:

> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>>I saw some of these at Aldi last week and got nostalgic. I used to love
>>'em back in the 60's when I was a tyke (was gonna say "yoot", but I was
>>younger than that at the time.) So I bought a can; I think it was 38˘ for
>>a 5 ounce can, and I'll probably use them next time I have to give the dog
>>a pill.
>>
>> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
>> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard? Can
>> you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?
>>
>> I'll bet Hawaiians have lots of good VS recipes...
>>
>> Bob

> Flashback to childhood: Felice keeps a can or two hidden in her bedroom and
> secretly snacks on them late at night.
>
> Hee hee.
>
> Felice

no sausages of any kind in the bedroom!

your pal,
mom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:17:03 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

> But I was wondering, are there any ways to eat them besides "raw" on a
> saltine cracker, or on a toothpick and dunked in ketchup or mustard?
> Can you fry them? Or mash 'em up and make paté?

What ARE real Vienna sausages and why haven't they absconded with
all our women and children for blatant disrespect?

-sw (Checking his "Culinaria: Germany" book)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:40:58 -0400, Felice wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:27:47 -0400, Felice wrote:
>>
>>> Flashback to childhood: Felice keeps a can or two hidden in her bedroom
>>> and
>>> secretly snacks on them late at night.

>> Childhood? Uh-huh.
>>
>> -sw

> Uh-huh yourself! Did I say whether it was my first or second?
>
> Felice

wait, we only get two?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> vienna sausages are not in accordance with god's great plan.

Neither are deviled eggs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 3:38 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> Mark > wrote:
>
>> blake murphy wrote:
>>>
>>> vienna sausages are not in accordance with god's great plan.

>> Neither are deviled eggs.

> I disagree. Deviled eggs are FAR tastier than Vienna Sausages! I detest
> VS's but purchase them by the 48 can count heat wrapped case because
> dad loves the damned things, and it's one way to help ensure his protein
> intake. :-(
>
> Oh well!

At least, for the most part, one knows what are in deviled eggs. Not the
same with the sausages.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 1:52 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
>> I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
>> Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck. That's just so wrong, no
>> doubt about that. And you know it too. I'm sure at least Bryan
>> will back me up on this, and you know it too, Joseph.

> OTOH, I'm starting to think it might be funny to sneak some VS's in to a
> potluck just to make people feel "oddly uncomfortable". ;-) I could
> arrange them artfully (and anonymously) on a paper plate with little
> fancy toothpicks...
>
> Bob

Bring them, and the spray cheese and a package of chips ahoy.

I've been to many "mandatory fun" navy potlucks and have seen that that
is what all of the single male sailors bring.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 4:50 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2010 3:38 PM, Omelet wrote:

>>> I disagree. Deviled eggs are FAR tastier than Vienna Sausages! I detest
>>> VS's but purchase them by the 48 can count heat wrapped case because
>>> dad loves the damned things, and it's one way to help ensure his protein
>>> intake. :-(
>>>
>>> Oh well!

>> At least, for the most part, one knows what are in deviled eggs. Not the
>> same with the sausages.

> <lol> Too damned true!
>
> I need to make more Deviled eggs, thanks for the reminder.
> He likes those too. ;-)
>
> And Cheese Omelets..
>
> I make the latter routinely as well.

Haven't made deviled eggs in a while...Been cooking a lot of poached
ones though.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due