Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cannd Sqwertz

Sqwertz wrote:

>>>Oh, I forgot to comment on your .sig, too. You do know that
>>>"Esquire" means "pompous asshole" here in America, don't you?

>>While I don't disagree with the definition you suggest, I most often see it
>>used by lawyers - I guess that confirms the validity of the meaning you
>>attribute to it. 8-)

> It not a legal term for "Lawyer". But it is _illegal_ to use the
> title "Esquire" and practice law in any form without a license.
> Joey gets all the glory of being a pompous ass without the extra
> 4-5 years of college and continuing education requirements.
>
> Those are USA laws, which is where Joey resides.
>
> -sw

It is also a Court usage. At the Court of St. James. It is in the
Sovereigns prerogative to address any written communications to a non
subject male with both honorifics, Mr. and Esq. if no other are
available. Liz2 does not know im also The Hierarch & an Ethnarc of the
Omnitheistic Church. HiEth.

Though given the adolescent level of literacy and degree of epistolary
finesse this "Sqwertz" [sic] displays in its own less than belle canto
attempt to extol its own parochial and rather juvenile opinions, i
expect it wouldn't be happy with 'Gent.' Which "Esq." is just the
British, more formal, version of.

Firmly convinced, as it is, in its own mind, of the singular aptness of
the elitist, condescending and rude opinions it "Sqwertz" all over the
net, and thus the appropriateness of the autobiographical "Sqwertz"

One really don't wish to dwell too much or too closely the rather
suggestive nature of this particular nomenclature "Sqwertz."

The rather miasmic & slimy implications are more suited to alt.bathroom
than alt.cooking.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Release the hounds!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default | Canned vienna sausages

Mark Thorson wrote:
> blake murphy wrote:
>
>>vienna sausages are not in accordance with god's great plan.

> Neither are deviled eggs.

I am told oral sex isn't Kosher.

Though i once knew a young man that refrained on the excuse that he is a
vegetarian
--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> zxcvbob > wrote:

>>>I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
>>>Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck. That's just so wrong, no
>>>doubt about that. And you know it too. I'm sure at least Bryan
>>>will back me up on this, and you know it too, Joseph.

>>OTOH, I'm starting to think it might be funny to sneak some VS's in to a
>>potluck just to make people feel "oddly uncomfortable". ;-) I could
>>arrange them artfully (and anonymously) on a paper plate with little
>>fancy toothpicks...
>>
>>Bob

> <snork> You are too easily entertained... ;-D
>
> At the very least, I'd bring Little Smokies cheese sausages!

Every couple of years or so someone in my little group decides to clean
out their pantry and has a pot luck based on processed, packaged
commercial foods, foods that never got and probly never will be, used.

The host provides a main or major dish/drinks and every one brings what
ever they want from their kitchens, pantries, that just didn't get and
probly wont be used (i used to show up with several cans of salmon the
er used to instinctually & constantly purchase) and what ever else they
wish to bring to the pot luck. Food and/or drink.

The gathering of the people is more important than the food which is
collected and boxed up and given away after the party. Though
occasionally some is eaten at the pot luck. I usually brought some
sharp cheddar cheese for the inevitable can of french cut green beans,
strained, patted dry & then tossed in butter and garlic and served with
a cheddar cheese sauce & a dash of paprika.

Somebody once added a border of, iirc, fried noodles? from a cardboard,
hermetically sealed "can?" crisp, fried thin, spaghetti like noodles i
think. A big seller in many markets for a type of caned food dish made
with a caned veggie, caned soup and garnished with a ring of these caned
fried noodles around the top of it. Its a veritable tradition among
some Americans.

I didn't think it improved my cheddar cheese green beans (haricots vert
au fromage?) as much as it detracted from them, and as i was the only
one eating them it seemed a bit presumptuous of her to have done so.
However, I was not the host to make an issue of it.
--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

> At least, for the most part, one knows what are in deviled eggs. Not the
> same with the sausages.

Its quite well documented. Most people don't want to think about what
they know of such inexpensive meat food products that are so
inexpensively made, are made of.

And under what conditions and what is legally considered sanitary.

And then often as not while their are dining on the animal flesh they
are in denial about. Even free range, organic animal flesh is still
animal flesh with all its inherent impurities. Some people live on the
bugs Americans are reluctant to eat cooked versions there of mixed in
with their meat food products.

Though even i have not quite yet got around to boiling up some of the
hugh, dried larve/maggots/slugs they sell in our local Chinatown. And
don't even get me started on sharks fins or birds nests and i recently
read that ortolan's are an endangered species!. But that may be only
the Egyptian ortolan's?

I was walking through an upscale food market the other day and was
almost overwhelmed just marveling at the superfluous abundance, the
extraordinary luxury of abundance, displayed there with artistic and
seductive finesse and it occurred to me this has got to change, it cant
last, and that, if not for serious economic reasons that are forced on
us but perhaps even more importantly for some serious cultural
reevaluation of our culture of entitlement and extravagance.

Would you rather eat a factory made pigs ear or starve?

Throughout history the starving masses have been a potent force.

The weapons and methods for controlling the masses have increased
dramatically, and the masses, starving or otherwise, ability to
influence that control is daily decreasing.

I sometimes think the modern world is such a mess it should be subject
to some cataclysm. man made or otherwise, that sends it back to the
stone age or at least pre industrial and agrarian. So its very existence
can no longer threaten life itself.

Though im afraid in reality its the oblivion express and going too fast
for anybody to get off of, The weapons of mass destruction would probly
survive modern civilizations demise. And then one would have feudal war
lords instead of modern military industrial war lords, gathered in their
passes just like witches at black masses

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 6:40 PM, JL wrote:

> I sometimes think the modern world is such a mess it should be subject
> to some cataclysm. man made or otherwise, that sends it back to the
> stone age or at least pre industrial and agrarian. So its very existence
> can no longer threaten life itself.

I think this almost daily and know who I want to be under the giant
asteroid.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:
> On 10/23/2010 6:40 PM, JL wrote:
>

>> I sometimes think the modern world is such a mess it should be subject
>> to some cataclysm. man made or otherwise, that sends it back to the
>> stone age or at least pre industrial and agrarian. So its very existence
>> can no longer threaten life itself.
>>

> I think this almost daily and know who I want to be under the giant
> asteroid.

Implying a question mark? im hesitant to ask.

Only as i cant think of any one single individual (other than me mum
that i would 'want to be under the giant asteroid'.

Even any individual nation/state under an big much less giant asteroids
disruptions would effect its neighbors if not the entire planet
--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 7:24 PM, JL wrote:

> ravenlynne wrote:
>> On 10/23/2010 6:40 PM, JL wrote:
>>

>>> I sometimes think the modern world is such a mess it should be subject
>>> to some cataclysm. man made or otherwise, that sends it back to the
>>> stone age or at least pre industrial and agrarian. So its very existence
>>> can no longer threaten life itself.
>>>

>> I think this almost daily and know who I want to be under the giant
>> asteroid.
>>

> Implying a question mark? im hesitant to ask.
>
> Only as i cant think of any one single individual (other than me mum
> that i would 'want to be under the giant asteroid'.
>
> Even any individual nation/state under an big much less giant asteroids
> disruptions would effect its neighbors if not the entire planet

No I neglected to add an "I" before the "know". Don't mind me, I'm just
in a snit today.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:
> On 10/23/2010 7:24 PM, JL wrote:
>

>> ravenlynne wrote:

>>> I think this almost daily and know who I want to be under the giant
>>> asteroid.
>>>

>> Implying a question mark? im hesitant to ask.
>>
>> Only as i cant think of any one single individual (other than me mum
>> that i would 'want to be under the giant asteroid'.
>>
>> Even any individual nation/state under an big much less giant asteroids
>> disruptions would effect its neighbors if not the entire planet

> No I neglected to add an "I" before the "know". Don't mind me, I'm just
> in a snit today.

*Chuckle* apparently its going round
--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:50:40 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> ravenlynne > wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2010 3:38 PM, Omelet wrote:

>> > I disagree. Deviled eggs are FAR tastier than Vienna Sausages! I detest
>> > VS's but purchase them by the 48 can count heat wrapped case because
>> > dad loves the damned things, and it's one way to help ensure his protein
>> > intake. :-(
>> >
>> > Oh well!

>> At least, for the most part, one knows what are in deviled eggs. Not the
>> same with the sausages.

><lol> Too damned true!
>
>I need to make more Deviled eggs, thanks for the reminder.
>He likes those too. ;-)

Deviled emu eggs... garnisherd with vienna sausage horns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2010 7:38 PM, JL wrote:

>> No I neglected to add an "I" before the "know". Don't mind me, I'm
>> just in a snit today.
>>

> *Chuckle* apparently its going round

Hopefully it'll be better in an hour.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:08:06 -0700, JL wrote:
> >
> > > Not that i would buy them, but a friend left a couple of cans after a
> > > pot luck and i couldn't think of anything better to do with them.

> > <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
> > honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> > person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

> Perhaps ennui?

I thought of that too. Then I looked it up to make sure. I believe
crying ruins the definition. That's one emotional step above ennui. I'll
bet the Germans have a word for it.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:12:25 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

> squirtz wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you could try dry aging them.

> Or a confit.

Too French :-) Need something more authentic. Sauerbraten would be
appropriate this time year. Or what could be more authentic than
Weiner Würstchen Schnitzel? Duh!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:11:53 -0700, JL wrote:

> The gathering of the people is more important than the food which is
> collected and boxed up and given away after the party.

So you're saying that you pilfered some Vienna Sausages destined
for the food bank?

That's pretty low, Joe. At least you could have finagled something
better like the French cut green beans.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:32:23 -0700, JL wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>>While I don't disagree with the definition you suggest, I most often see it
>>>used by lawyers - I guess that confirms the validity of the meaning you
>>>attribute to it. 8-)

>> It not a legal term for "Lawyer". But it is _illegal_ to use the
>> title "Esquire" and practice law in any form without a license.
>> Joey gets all the glory of being a pompous ass without the extra
>> 4-5 years of college and continuing education requirements.
>>
>> Those are USA laws, which is where Joey resides.
>>
>> -sw

> It is also a Court usage. At the Court of St. James. It is in the
> Sovereigns prerogative to address any written communications to a non
> subject male with both honorifics, Mr. and Esq. if no other are
> available. Liz2 does not know im also The Hierarch & an Ethnarc of the
> Omnitheistic Church. HiEth.
>
> Though given the adolescent level of literacy and degree of epistolary
> finesse this "Sqwertz" [sic] displays in its own less than belle canto
> attempt to extol its own parochial and rather juvenile opinions, i
> expect it wouldn't be happy with 'Gent.' Which "Esq." is just the
> British, more formal, version of.
>
> Firmly convinced, as it is, in its own mind, of the singular aptness of
> the elitist, condescending and rude opinions it "Sqwertz" all over the
> net, and thus the appropriateness of the autobiographical "Sqwertz"
>
> One really don't wish to dwell too much or too closely the rather
> suggestive nature of this particular nomenclature "Sqwertz."
>
> The rather miasmic & slimy implications are more suited to alt.bathroom
> than alt.cooking.

Sheesh. Do I really need to say anything more to prove my point?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> On 10/23/2010 11:56 AM, Squirtz wrote:

>>> Fortunately no one other than yourself is compelled to conform to your
>>> exacting standards of petty anal compulsive fault finding.

>> I don't think I'm at all out of line mentioning that Vienna
>> Sausages DO NOT belong at a pot luck. That's just so wrong, no
>> doubt about that. And you know it too. I'm sure at least Bryan
>> will back me up on this, and you know it too, Joseph.

> OTOH, I'm starting to think it might be funny to sneak some VS's in to a
> potluck just to make people feel "oddly uncomfortable". ;-) I could
> arrange them artfully (and anonymously) on a paper plate with little fancy
> toothpicks...

Better yet, put them on a fancy plate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >,
> Mark Thorson wrote:
>

> >Sqwertz wrote:

> >> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
> >>honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
> >>person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

> >Perhaps ennui?

> I thought of that too. Then I looked it up to make sure. I believe
> crying ruins the definition. That's one emotional step above ennui. I'll
> bet the Germans have a word for it.
>
> leo

Weltschmerz [sp?]

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:32:23 -0700, JL wrote:
>

> >Sqwertz wrote:

> often see it
> >>
> >>It not a legal term for "Lawyer". But it is _illegal_ to use the
> >>title "Esquire" and practice law in any form without a license.
> >>Joey gets all the glory of being a pompous ass without the extra
> >>4-5 years of college and continuing education requirements.
> >>
> >>Those are USA laws, which is where Joey resides.
> >>
> >>-sw

> >It is also a Court usage. At the Court of St. James. It is in the
> >Sovereigns prerogative to address any written communications to a non
> >subject male with both honorifics, Mr. and Esq. if no other are
> >available. Liz2 does not know im also The Hierarch & an Ethnarc of the
> >Omnitheistic Church. HiEth.
> >
> >Though given the adolescent level of literacy and degree of epistolary
> >finesse this "Sqwertz" [sic] displays in its own less than belle canto
> >attempt to extol its own parochial and rather juvenile opinions, i
> >expect it wouldn't be happy with 'Gent.' Which "Esq." is just the
> >British, more formal, version of.
> >
> >Firmly convinced, as it is, in its own mind, of the singular aptness of
> >the elitist, condescending and rude opinions it "Sqwertz" all over the
> >net, and thus the appropriateness of the autobiographical "Sqwertz"
> >
> >One really don't wish to dwell too much or too closely the rather
> >suggestive nature of this particular nomenclature "Sqwertz."
> >
> >The rather miasmic & slimy implications are more suited to alt.bathroom
> >than alt.cooking.

> Sheesh. Do I really need to say anything more to prove my point?
>
> -sw

You mean beside the one your hair, or lack there of, do or dont, cover?

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:26:27 -0400, ravenlynne wrote:

> On 10/23/2010 7:24 PM, JL wrote:
>>

>> ravenlynne wrote:

>>> I think this almost daily and know who I want to be under the giant
>>> asteroid.
>>>

>> Implying a question mark? im hesitant to ask.
>>
>> Only as i cant think of any one single individual (other than me mum
>> that i would 'want to be under the giant asteroid'.
>>
>> Even any individual nation/state under an big much less giant asteroids
>> disruptions would effect its neighbors if not the entire planet

> No I neglected to add an "I" before the "know". Don't mind me, I'm just
> in a snit today.

it still makes sense without the 'I.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 20:59:19 -0400, ravenlynne wrote:

> On 10/23/2010 7:38 PM, JL wrote:
>>

>>> No I neglected to add an "I" before the "know". Don't mind me, I'm
>>> just in a snit today.
>>>

>> *Chuckle* apparently its going round

> Hopefully it'll be better in an hour.

happy hour!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 10:11 AM, blake murphy wrote:

>>> *Chuckle* apparently its going round

>> Hopefully it'll be better in an hour.

> happy hour!
>
> your pal,
> blake

Yup.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 2:19*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> blake murphy wrote:
>
> > vienna sausages are not in accordance with god's great plan.

> Neither are deviled eggs.

I prefer that Satan stay the Hell away from my eggs.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> <snork!!!> Who brings Vienna Sausages to a potluck? If somebody
>>> honestly did that with no pun intended I might actually cry for the
>>> person. I would feel oddly uncomfortable. What feeling is that?

>> Perhaps ennui?

> I thought of that too. Then I looked it up to make sure. I believe
> crying ruins the definition. That's one emotional step above ennui. I'll
> bet the Germans have a word for it.
>
> leo

Angst?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message
> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Mark Thorson > wrote:

>>> Perhaps ennui?

>> I thought of that too. Then I looked it up to make sure. I believe crying
>> ruins the definition. That's one emotional step above ennui. I'll bet the
>> Germans have a word for it.
>>
>> leo

> Angst?
>
> gloria p

Empathy.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:31:59 -0700, Cheri wrote:

> "gloria.p" > wrote in message
>> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

>>> I thought of that too. Then I looked it up to make sure. I believe crying
>>> ruins the definition. That's one emotional step above ennui. I'll bet the
>>> Germans have a word for it.
>>>
>>> leo

>> Angst?
>>
>> gloria p

> Empathy.

I didn't figure on that being such a tough question :-) But yes, I
would sat it's 50% empathy, 30% sympathy, and 20% plain sadness.

Hrmpf! And people always say I'm so out of touch with my feelings
:-P

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 03:27:53 -0700, JL wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Sheesh. Do I really need to say anything more to prove my point?

> You mean beside the one your hair, or lack there of, do or dont, cover?

You're no fun to insult. It's like taking advantage of a pompous
and obnoxiously verbose retarded person.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nfw nfw is offline

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:52:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>You're no fun to insult. It's like taking advantage of a pompous
>and obnoxiously verbose retarded person.
>
>-sw

I could see you totally enjoying yourself while doing it.

lowlife prick
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JL wrote:

> don't even get me started on sharks fins or birds nests and i recently
> read that ortolan's are an endangered species!. But that may be only
> the Egyptian ortolan's?

Not even close. There are plenty of ortolans
for everybody. Enjoy! They will make more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortolan_Bunting
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent Brockman wrote:

>>>I thought of that too. Then I looked it up to make sure. I believe
>>>crying ruins the definition. That's one emotional step above ennui. I'll
>>>bet the Germans have a word for it.
>>>
>>>leo

>>Weltschmerz [sp?]
>>

> Welt schmerz = World pain

Universal sorrow, the quality of melancholy. Angst?

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 03:27:53 -0700, JL wrote:
>

>>Sqwertz wrote:
>>

>>>Sheesh. Do I really need to say anything more to prove my point?

>>You mean beside the one your hair, or lack there of, do or dont, cover?

> You're no fun to insult. It's like taking advantage of a pompous
> and obnoxiously verbose retarded person.
>
> -sw

And your a brief bit of fun to make sport of, like some dumb sub -
urban illiterate who cant appreciate the subtleties of life much less
the written word.

The game ball full of hot air that is easily bounced around for a bit
till something more interesting comes along.

Besides which, i don't think anybody, other than you and i care one whit
about our opinion of each others mental and emotional competency. Its
just you and me Jock and im not so sure about you.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:57:03 -0700, JL wrote:

> Kent Brockman wrote:

>>>Weltschmerz [sp?]
>>>

>> Welt schmerz = World pain
>>

> Universal sorrow, the quality of melancholy. Angst?

neither seems to cover embarrassment for the other person.

your pal,
blake