Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe: coffee flavored pancakes

I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.

Pancake Mix with Coffee
1. pancake mix of your choice
2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
water
3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
metabolize sugar.
5. cook as per your usual

Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 11:16*am, "Kent" > wrote:
> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
> prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>
> Pancake Mix with Coffee
> 1. * *pancake mix of your choice
> 2. * *add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
> water
> 3 * * add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
> 4. * *sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
> metabolize sugar.
> 5. * *cook as per your usual
>
> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>
> Kent

==
What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2010 1:27 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Aug 22, 11:16 am, > wrote:
>> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
>> prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>>
>> Pancake Mix with Coffee
>> 1. pancake mix of your choice
>> 2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
>> water
>> 3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
>> 4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
>> metabolize sugar.
>> 5. cook as per your usual
>>
>> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
>> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>>
>> Kent

> ==
> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
> ==

Onion soup mix...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:
> On Aug 22, 11:16 am, "Kent" > wrote:
>> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new
>> ways to prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the
>> night.
>>
>> Pancake Mix with Coffee
>> 1. pancake mix of your choice
>> 2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee,
>> instead of water
>> 3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
>> 4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and
>> how you metabolize sugar.
>> 5. cook as per your usual
>>
>> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
>> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>>
>> Kent

> ==
> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
> ==

Why criticize? If he tried it and liked, that's fine with me. I don't
think it sounds like such a bad idea, truth be told.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Billy replied:

>>> ==
>>> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
>>> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
>>> ==

>> Why criticize? If he tried it and liked, that's fine with me. I don't
>> think it sounds like such a bad idea, truth be told.

> Funny how new dishes are created....we try something different...an
> interpertation of an old taste.
>
> I personally add my maple syrup to the batter before cooking on the
> griddle. I love the flavor that is "inside" the pancakes.

I don't think that pancakes require maple syrup in particular. I'll often
use one of the many jams, jellies, or preserves we've got in the pantry to
flavor individual pancakes. That way they're not all exactly the same boring
thing.

Doesn't surprise me that you want yours to all be exactly alike. You find
comfort in redundancy. "<vbg>"

Hey, have you figured out your Thanksgiving menu yet? Here's what I think
you'll make "<vbg>":

Butternut Squash Soup
Roast Turkey
Cranberry Slaw
Maple & Tarragon Sweet Potatoes
Corn Soufflé
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Vegetables with Pine Nut Pesto
Old Fashioned Potato Bread Stuffing
Pumpkin Roll
Pecan Pie

Probably got your Christmas menu all figured out too, and it looks like:

Butternut Squash Soup
Roast Turkey
Cranberry Slaw
Maple & Tarragon Sweet Potatoes
Corn Soufflé
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Vegetables with Pine Nut Pesto
Old Fashioned Potato Bread Stuffing
Pumpkin Roll
Pecan Pie

Prove me wrong! "<vbg>"

Bob "<vbg>"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:14:57 -0400, "Steve Freides" >
> wrote:
>

>>> ==
>>> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
>>> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
>>> ==

>>Why criticize? If he tried it and liked, that's fine with me. I don't
>>think it sounds like such a bad idea, truth be told.

> Funny how new dishes are created....we try something different...an
> interpertation of an old taste.
>
> I personally add my maple syrup to the batter before cooking on the
> griddle. I love the flavor that is "inside" the pancakes.

Now that's an idea this maple lover can't wait to try. Grade B, of course.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 12:16*pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
> prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>
> Pancake Mix with Coffee
> 1. * *pancake mix of your choice
> 2. * *add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
> water
> 3 * * add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
> 4. * *sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
> metabolize sugar.
> 5. * *cook as per your usual
>
> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>
> Kent

I can imagine. Sounds yummy! Too bad I never make pancakes.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:16:51 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
>prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>
>Pancake Mix with Coffee
>1. pancake mix of your choice
>2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
>water
>3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
>4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
>metabolize sugar.
>5. cook as per your usual
>
>Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
>somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>
>Kent

What a great idea!! But if you remember my family had 3 generations
of growing sugar cane so despite the Splenda- it sounds fabulous! Can
I keep it and try it???

I would give you ownership!

Thanks Kent- it sounds like a winner if you have tasty coffee to begin
with. I can just imagine coffee and coffee pancakes. Sounds
delish!

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 12:27*pm, Roy > wrote:
> On Aug 22, 11:16*am, "Kent" > wrote:
>

> > I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
> > prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.

> > Pancake Mix with Coffee
> > 1. * *pancake mix of your choice
> > 2. * *add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
> > water
> > 3 * * add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
> > 4. * *sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
> > metabolize sugar.
> > 5. * *cook as per your usual

> > Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
> > somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake

> > Kent

> ==
> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
> ==

Really, the "pancake mix of your choice" part, as if any decent
pancake mix wouldn't call for fresh eggs--or at least yolks--and
either oil or butter, makes it obviously bullshit. This "Kent" never
made such a thing. If this were a serious person, who actually cooked
then the only explanation for the sub of coffee for water, is that he
was using "just add water" pancake mix. Such mixes are garbage, and
produce pancakes most suitable for feeding pigs.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 1:16*pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
> prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>
> Pancake Mix with Coffee
> 1. * *pancake mix of your choice
> 2. * *add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
> water
> 3 * * add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
> 4. * *sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
> metabolize sugar.
> 5. * *cook as per your usual
>
> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>
> Kent

How do you have time to be making pancakes every morning?
Do you use a nonstick pan or what?

My mother used to make 'em on a cast iron skillet, but used a ton of
Crisco, it seemed, to keep' em slidin'.

Thanks for the idea - I have had a jar of espresso powder around here
since The Flood, and want to use it up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:03:52 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> Thanks for the idea - I have had a jar of espresso powder around here
> since The Flood, and want to use it up.

Make tiramisu. I'm not the tiramisu maker in the family, so this is
just an example recipe. http://www.finestchef.com/tiramisu_recipe.htm

Winter is coming. Buy a jar of Tom & Jerry mix, add a half a teaspoon
of coffee powder to each mug.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pure kona wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:16:51 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>
>> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
>> prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>>
>> Pancake Mix with Coffee
>> 1. pancake mix of your choice
>> 2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
>> water
>> 3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
>> 4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
>> metabolize sugar.
>> 5. cook as per your usual
>>
>> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
>> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>>
>> Kent
>>

> What a great idea!! But if you remember my family had 3 generations
> of growing sugar cane so despite the Splenda- it sounds fabulous! Can
> I keep it and try it???
>
> I would give you ownership!
>
> Thanks Kent- it sounds like a winner if you have tasty coffee to begin
> with. I can just imagine coffee and coffee pancakes. Sounds
> delish!
>
> aloha,
> Cea

How 'bout coffee-hazelnut pancakes? OMG! Now I am thinking of
coffee pancakes with Nutella. I'd better banish that thought
immediately.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> On Aug 22, 1:16 pm, "Kent" > wrote:
>> I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways to
>> prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.
>>
>> Pancake Mix with Coffee
>> 1. pancake mix of your choice
>> 2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
>> water
>> 3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
>> 4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how you
>> metabolize sugar.
>> 5. cook as per your usual
>>
>> Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
>> somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake
>>
>> Kent

> How do you have time to be making pancakes every morning?
> Do you use a nonstick pan or what?
>
> My mother used to make 'em on a cast iron skillet, but used a ton of
> Crisco, it seemed, to keep' em slidin'.
>
> Thanks for the idea - I have had a jar of espresso powder around here
> since The Flood, and want to use it up.

I am more likely to make time-consuming things later in the
day--even if people think of them as breakfast food.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:

> How 'bout coffee-hazelnut pancakes? OMG! Now I am thinking of coffee
> pancakes with Nutella. I'd better banish that thought immediately.

Ohhh....... That's very evil.

Thing is, if you have coffee in the pancakes, what do you drink with them? I
like a glass of milk at breakfast, but it seems to be a fairly uncommon
practice. Orange juice might be a bit sharply acidic with the pancakes.
Maybe an Orange Julius-like concoction?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:22:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Jean B. wrote:
>
>> How 'bout coffee-hazelnut pancakes? OMG! Now I am thinking of coffee
>> pancakes with Nutella. I'd better banish that thought immediately.

>Ohhh....... That's very evil.
>
>Thing is, if you have coffee in the pancakes, what do you drink with them? I
>like a glass of milk at breakfast, but it seems to be a fairly uncommon
>practice. Orange juice might be a bit sharply acidic with the pancakes.
>Maybe an Orange Julius-like concoction?
>
>Bob

I think if you have coffee flavored pancakes, you can still have
coffee with them. After the butter and the maple syrup the coffee
taste in the pancakes would taste sort of like one of the Starbucks
coffee concoctions. Maybe some cold orange juice- if coffee is not
your drink of choice?

aloha,
Cea

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> I have had a jar of espresso powder around here
> since The Flood, and want to use it up.

Coffee gelatin
Coffee tapioca
Coffee cake icing
Mocha cake icing
Mocha cake or brownies with coffee icing
Homemake Kahlua
Coffee ice cream

It wouldn't last long in my house.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria wrote:

>> I have had a jar of espresso powder around here
>> since The Flood, and want to use it up.

> Coffee gelatin
> Coffee tapioca
> Coffee cake icing
> Mocha cake icing
> Mocha cake or brownies with coffee icing
> Homemake Kahlua
> Coffee ice cream
>
> It wouldn't last long in my house.

I rarely use espresso powder, but the last thing I made with it was a
scrumptious espresso-cardamom panna cotta.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Gloria wrote:
>
>>> I have had a jar of espresso powder around here
>>> since The Flood, and want to use it up.

>> Coffee gelatin
>> Coffee tapioca
>> Coffee cake icing
>> Mocha cake icing
>> Mocha cake or brownies with coffee icing
>> Homemake Kahlua
>> Coffee ice cream
>>
>> It wouldn't last long in my house.

> I rarely use espresso powder, but the last thing I made with it was a
> scrumptious espresso-cardamom panna cotta.
>
> Bob

Mmmmm. And how could I have forgotten tiramisu?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>
>> How 'bout coffee-hazelnut pancakes? OMG! Now I am thinking of coffee
>> pancakes with Nutella. I'd better banish that thought immediately.

> Ohhh....... That's very evil.
>
> Thing is, if you have coffee in the pancakes, what do you drink with them? I
> like a glass of milk at breakfast, but it seems to be a fairly uncommon
> practice. Orange juice might be a bit sharply acidic with the pancakes.
> Maybe an Orange Julius-like concoction?
>
> Bob

That sounds perfect, since orange goes nicely with hazelnut and
chocolate, although I agree it shouldn't be in orange juice form.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan Simmons" > wrote in message
On Aug 22, 12:27 pm, Roy > wrote:
> On Aug 22, 11:16 am, "Kent" > wrote:
>

> > I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways
> > prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.

> > Pancake Mix with Coffee
> > 1. pancake mix of your choice
> > 2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
> > water
> > 3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
> > 4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how
> > you
> > metabolize sugar.
> > 5. cook as per your usual

> > Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
> > somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake

> > Kent

> ==
> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
> ==

>Really, the "pancake mix of your choice" part, as if any decent
>pancake mix wouldn't call for fresh eggs--or at least yolks--and
>either oil or butter, makes it obviously bullshit. This "Kent" never
>made such a thing. If this were a serious person, who actually cooked
>then the only explanation for the sub of coffee for water, is that he
>was using "just add water" pancake mix. Such mixes are garbage, and
>produce pancakes most suitable for feeding pigs.

--Bryan

I was using the Krusteaz "just add water" buttermilk pancake mix, along with
the millions of is that use that and similar. The coffee and milk, or cream
replaces the water or aqueous part of the dish. I had it again today, and I
really like it. It's a good and easy and different.

No eggs for me,

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Bryan Simmons" > wrote in message

>>Really, the "pancake mix of your choice" part, as if any decent
>>pancake mix wouldn't call for fresh eggs--or at least yolks--and
>>either oil or butter, makes it obviously bullshit. This "Kent" never
>>made such a thing. If this were a serious person, who actually cooked
>>then the only explanation for the sub of coffee for water, is that he
>>was using "just add water" pancake mix. Such mixes are garbage, and
>>produce pancakes most suitable for feeding pigs.
>>

> --Bryan

> I was using the Krusteaz "just add water" buttermilk pancake mix, along
> with the millions of is that use that and similar. The coffee and milk, or
> cream replaces the water or aqueous part of the dish. I had it again
> today, and I really like it. It's a good and easy and different.
>
> No eggs for me,
>
> Kent

Let's hear it for Krusteaz, all right. I really like their buttermilk mix,
too. Oink.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:26:00 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>
>>No eggs for me,

> Why?
>
> Cheers, Alan,

There is about 200mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk. That's approximately,
depending on who you're listening to this minute, your daily dietary
cholesterol maximum. I want some meat for lunch and dinner.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 23, 11:52*pm, "Kent" > wrote:
> "Alan S" > wrote in message
>
> ... > On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:26:00 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>
> >>No eggs for me,

> > Why?

> > Cheers, Alan,

> There is about 200mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk. That's approximately,
> depending on who you're listening to this minute, your daily dietary
> cholesterol maximum. I want some meat for lunch and dinner.
>
> Kent

==
The cholesterol in eggs is good cholesterol...please read up on this.
At one time it was regarded as harmful but not anymore.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:22:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Jean B. wrote:
>
>> How 'bout coffee-hazelnut pancakes? OMG! Now I am thinking of coffee
>> pancakes with Nutella. I'd better banish that thought immediately.

>Ohhh....... That's very evil.
>
>Thing is, if you have coffee in the pancakes, what do you drink with them? I
>like a glass of milk at breakfast, but it seems to be a fairly uncommon
>practice. Orange juice might be a bit sharply acidic with the pancakes.
>Maybe an Orange Julius-like concoction?

How about a Chai Latte? I reckon it'd go well with coffee pancakes, or
pancakes in general.

Chai Tea Ingredients:

Black Tea 10 teaspoons (25grams)(I prefer using Formosan Tea)
Cardamon Seeds (5 grams)
Cinnamon Sticks (2-3 sticks) or
Cinnamon Ground 2 1/2 teaspoons (8 grams)
Ginger Powder (1 teaspoon)
1 Clove Ground
How to Make Chai Tea:

Please note there are many ways to make Chai Tea and this is one which
I prefer. Listed below are other tips and variations you can try.

Step 1: Using a coffee/spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind up
spices.

Step 2: Add tea to spice mixture. Fill tea pot or coffee plunger with
boiling water and add spice mixture. Use 3/4 cup boiling water and 4
teaspoons of tea/spice mixture per serve. Let stand 3-4 minutes. Heat
milk using stove top, microwave or even better use a coffee machine so
you can produce frothy milk. This gives a cafe style chai tea latte.
Add heated milk and sweeten to taste.

Tips and Hints for making Chai Tea:

* If you don't have a grinder, you can use a mortar and pestle,
however you should grind the ingredients seperately to avoid mix
becoming too fine.
* This recipe is unsweetened so you can add sugar to suit your
taste.

Sauce: www.chailatterecipes.com

I tried one for the first time last week, and I was pretty impressed
(although not sure the recipe was exactly the same). Makes a great
alternative to coffee... just as long as you don't need the big
caffeine boost of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:52:01 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>"Alan S" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:26:00 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>>
>>>No eggs for me,

>> Why?
>>

>There is about 200mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk. That's approximately,
>depending on who you're listening to this minute, your daily dietary
>cholesterol maximum.

Sigh...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:23:37 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Aug 23, 11:52*pm, "Kent" > wrote:

>> > Why?

>> There is about 200mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk. That's approximately,
>> depending on who you're listening to this minute, your daily dietary
>> cholesterol maximum. I want some meat for lunch and dinner.
>>

>==
>The cholesterol in eggs is good cholesterol...please read up on this.
>At one time it was regarded as harmful but not anymore.

Eggsactly. Doubly so for organic/genuinely free range eggs not
produced from grain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:
> "Alan S" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:26:00 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>>
>>> No eggs for me,

>> Why?
>>
>> Cheers, Alan,
>>

> There is about 200mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk. That's approximately,
> depending on who you're listening to this minute, your daily dietary
> cholesterol maximum. I want some meat for lunch and dinner.
>
> Kent

I suppose one shouldn't point out that there is no link between
cholesterol in one's diet and serum cholesterol....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean wrote on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:05:44 -0400:

> Kent wrote:
>> "Alan S" > wrote in message

>>> Why?
>>>
>>> Cheers, Alan,
>>>

>> There is about 200mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk. That's
>> approximately, depending on who you're listening to this
>> minute, your daily dietary cholesterol maximum. I want some
>> meat for lunch and dinner.
>>
>> Kent
>>

> I suppose one shouldn't point out that there is no link
> between cholesterol in one's diet and serum cholesterol....

Yes, it has recently been acknowledged that there little (but not no)
correlation between dietary and blood cholesterol. Cardiologists have
now reached the stage of allowing eating whole eggs "in moderation" (the
usual cop-out for inaccurate advice for the past 20 years or so), damn
them!
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Member

I dont think I would enjoy coffee flavored pancakes...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:31:20 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Billy replied:

>>> Why criticize? If he tried it and liked, that's fine with me. I don't
>>> think it sounds like such a bad idea, truth be told.

>> Funny how new dishes are created....we try something different...an
>> interpertation of an old taste.
>>
>> I personally add my maple syrup to the batter before cooking on the
>> griddle. I love the flavor that is "inside" the pancakes.

>I don't think that pancakes require maple syrup in particular. I'll often
>use one of the many jams, jellies, or preserves we've got in the pantry to
>flavor individual pancakes. That way they're not all exactly the same boring
>thing.

Yeah. Pancakes can be pretty boring. I don't think I'd care for
coffee in them. We just had blueberry pancakes for dinner with no
syrup. Just butter. Someone here mentioned zucchini pancakes so I
tried those using a 50/50 mix of regular flour and masa. When I flip
them I top with shredded cheddar and serve with sour cream. They're
delicious and savory. Pancakes with syrup is just too sweet for me to
have often.

Lou