Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beaune Farmers market

Just posted some photos on alt.binaries.food of the Beaune Farmers
Market near Dijon. It was a real feast for the eyes. Enormous
selection and it all looked so perfect. What we ate was also perfect.
Apricots, nectarines, tomatoes, zucchini (but it is called something
else in France), carrots, lettuce etc. The small kids liked the
adequate candy selection. There is a refrigerated room - sorry no
photos- of many kinds of cheeses, quiche etc. Just an amazing
experience.

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pure kona" > wrote in message
> Just posted some photos on alt.binaries.food of the Beaune Farmers
> Market near Dijon. It was a real feast for the eyes. Enormous
> selection and it all looked so perfect. What we ate was also perfect.
> Apricots, nectarines, tomatoes, zucchini (but it is called something
> else in France), carrots, lettuce etc. The small kids liked the
> adequate candy selection. There is a refrigerated room - sorry no
> photos- of many kinds of cheeses, quiche etc. Just an amazing
> experience.
>
> aloha,
> Cea

Dijon? As in France? I thought you just barely got back from Iceland! My
14-year-old GD may top you -- she returns from our Iceland trip on August 5
and sets out for Hawaii with her family the next morning.

So did you buy lots of mustard?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 3:24*pm, pure kona > wrote:
> Just posted some photos on alt.binaries.food of the Beaune Farmers
> Market near Dijon. *It was a real feast for the eyes. *Enormous
> selection and it all looked so perfect. What we ate was also perfect.
> Apricots, nectarines, tomatoes, zucchini (but it is called something
> else in France),

The French use the British word, courgettes. They also use the British
word for eggplant: aubergines.

> carrots, lettuce etc. *The small kids liked the
> adequate candy selection. *

When I was there, several years ago, there was a massive chocolatiere
with delicious treats. I wonder if she's still alive. The market
itself was quite small compared to American ones.

There is a refrigerated room - sorry no
> photos- of many kinds of cheeses, quiche etc. *Just an amazing
> experience.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:13:57 -0400, "Felice" >
wrote:

>"pure kona" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Just posted some photos on alt.binaries.food of the Beaune Farmers
>> Market near Dijon. It was a real feast for the eyes. Enormous
>> selection and it all looked so perfect. What we ate was also perfect.
>> Apricots, nectarines, tomatoes, zucchini (but it is called something
>> else in France), carrots, lettuce etc. The small kids liked the
>> adequate candy selection. There is a refrigerated room - sorry no
>> photos- of many kinds of cheeses, quiche etc. Just an amazing
>> experience.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea

>Dijon? As in France? I thought you just barely got back from Iceland! My
>14-year-old GD may top you -- she returns from our Iceland trip on August 5
>and sets out for Hawaii with her family the next morning.
>
>So did you buy lots of mustard?
>
>Felice

OT and LONG-sorry
My daughter a teacher from near Seattle, exchanges homes for a month
every 2 years- often with other teachers, and takes her family. (She
used to be a history teacher and is interested in historic places.) So
when I said I'd like to go to Dijon for a week with her, we found
Iceland Air was the cheapest from Seattle to Paris. At the time
Iceland had "free layovers". We had to pay for the place in Iceland
but the layover was free, so we stayed 3 days. Then over to Paris and
then by train to Dijon.

Yes I brought home mustard and lots of beautiful memories. Go he
http://www.smithfarms.com/Galleries.asp for all the photos.

Well like your grand daughter, it was a lot of travel coming back to
Hawaii. Iceland Air (IA) from Paris was delayed for 3 hours, so we
got to Reykjavik too late to connect to the plane from Reykjavik to
Seattle. So IA said I should stay the night in Reykjavik, and I'd
have a better chance of going to NY (5 hours and 30 minutes) and
finding a plane to Seattle so I did. Then flew to Seattle (5 hours+)
the next day. I spent 6 hours at a hotel in Seattle and flew back
here the next day (5 hours+).

My vacation Interesting and memorable and fun!

aloha,
cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pure kona wrote:

> Well like your grand daughter, it was a lot of travel coming back to
> Hawaii. Iceland Air (IA) from Paris was delayed for 3 hours, so we
> got to Reykjavik too late to connect to the plane from Reykjavik to
> Seattle. So IA said I should stay the night in Reykjavik, and I'd
> have a better chance of going to NY (5 hours and 30 minutes) and
> finding a plane to Seattle so I did. Then flew to Seattle (5 hours+)
> the next day. I spent 6 hours at a hotel in Seattle and flew back
> here the next day (5 hours+).
>
> My vacation Interesting and memorable and fun!
>
> aloha,
> cea

I'm glad you had a good time.
It sounds like you had a long trip home. It pays to not HAVE
to be somewhere immediately after a vacation!

Did you eat anything unusual (or unusually good) on the trip?

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:02:46 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

>pure kona wrote:

>I'm glad you had a good time.
>It sounds like you had a long trip home. It pays to not HAVE
>to be somewhere immediately after a vacation!
>
>Did you eat anything unusual (or unusually good) on the trip?
>
>gloria p

Wonderful cheese and wine! Out of this world although I am sure it is
not available unless you are there.

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap wrote:

> The French use the British word, courgettes. They also use the British
> word for eggplant: aubergines.

I'm pretty sure that both those cases are examples of the British using the
French word rather than the other way around.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pure kona" > wrote in message

> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:13:57 -0400, "Felice" >
>>Dijon? As in France? I thought you just barely got back from Iceland! My
>>14-year-old GD may top you -- she returns from our Iceland trip on August
>>5
>>and sets out for Hawaii with her family the next morning.

<snip>

> OT and LONG-sorry
> My daughter a teacher from near Seattle, exchanges homes for a month
> every 2 years- often with other teachers, and takes her family. (She
> used to be a history teacher and is interested in historic places.) So
> when I said I'd like to go to Dijon for a week with her, we found
> Iceland Air was the cheapest from Seattle to Paris. At the time
> Iceland had "free layovers". We had to pay for the place in Iceland
> but the layover was free, so we stayed 3 days. Then over to Paris and
> then by train to Dijon.
>
> Yes I brought home mustard and lots of beautiful memories. Go he
> http://www.smithfarms.com/Galleries.asp for all the photos.
>
> Well like your grand daughter, it was a lot of travel coming back to
> Hawaii. Iceland Air (IA) from Paris was delayed for 3 hours, so we
> got to Reykjavik too late to connect to the plane from Reykjavik to
> Seattle. So IA said I should stay the night in Reykjavik, and I'd
> have a better chance of going to NY (5 hours and 30 minutes) and
> finding a plane to Seattle so I did. Then flew to Seattle (5 hours+)
> the next day. I spent 6 hours at a hotel in Seattle and flew back
> here the next day (5 hours+).
>
> My vacation Interesting and memorable and fun!

Sounds like your trip home was almost as long as your stay in France! Hope
you're settled in by now!

Felice