Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm an old smoothie, you're an old softy

Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .

It's been Smoothie Central here lately. Just leaving the freakin'
blender out makes the idea more appealing. Tonight's seedy offering
was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes.
Pretty tasty if I do say.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 8:27*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .
>
> It's been Smoothie Central here lately. *Just leaving the freakin'
> blender out makes the idea more appealing. * Tonight's seedy offering
> was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes. *
> Pretty tasty if I do say.
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
> St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew;
> sometimes in a pickle."
> Where are my pearls, Honey?

Right where you left them, Sugar.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .
>
> It's been Smoothie Central here lately. Just leaving the freakin'
> blender out makes the idea more appealing. Tonight's seedy offering
> was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes.
> Pretty tasty if I do say.

No jam for extra flavor? Or is all the fruit left over from jamming?

Sounds wunnerful, BTW. Will R.S. drink them, too?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
pills.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" wrote:
>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .
>>
>> It's been Smoothie Central here lately. Just leaving the freakin'
>> blender out makes the idea more appealing. Tonight's seedy offering
>> was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes.
>> Pretty tasty if I do say.

>No jam for extra flavor?

Nah, that would take up valuable space reserved for booze. hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
> about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
> pills.

<thwack>
<thwackthwackthwackthwackthwackwhomp!>

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .
> >
> > It's been Smoothie Central here lately. Just leaving the freakin'
> > blender out makes the idea more appealing. Tonight's seedy offering
> > was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes.
> > Pretty tasty if I do say.
> >

> No jam for extra flavor? Or is all the fruit left over from jamming?

To a degree, the latter. There's some fruit in the freezer that I just
don't feel like making into jam so it finds its way to the blender, too.

> Sounds wunnerful, BTW. Will R.S. drink them, too?

AAMOF, he LOVES them. I take great pains to tell him there's yogurt in
them. :-) 8-o) I'm such a snot.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
brooklyn1 > wrote:

> "gloria.p" wrote:
> >Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .
> >>
> >> It's been Smoothie Central here lately. Just leaving the freakin'
> >> blender out makes the idea more appealing. Tonight's seedy offering
> >> was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes.
> >> Pretty tasty if I do say.

> >No jam for extra flavor?

> Nah, that would take up valuable space reserved for booze. hehe

If I were going to do that, I believe I'd be making some kind of boozy
chocolate drink. Come to think of it, I think I might have a bottle of
Kahlua in the cabinet. Gotta think on that. Good ideer, Sheldon.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:19:01 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
> wrote:

>I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
>about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
>pills.

And your problem with that would be? ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 07/17/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:19:01 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
> > wrote:
>

>>I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
>>about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for
>>ED
>>pills.

> And your problem with that would be? ;-)
>
> koko
> --

Only the need for ED pills when presented with a lovely gift.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:45:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> brooklyn1 > wrote:

>> >No jam for extra flavor?

>> Nah, that would take up valuable space reserved for booze. hehe

>If I were going to do that, I believe I'd be making some kind of boozy
>chocolate drink. Come to think of it, I think I might have a bottle of
>Kahlua in the cabinet. Gotta think on that. Good ideer, Sheldon.

I rarely fix a fruit smoothie without spiking it with rum and Coco
Lopez. Hmmm, I've got four over ripe nanas sittin' on the counter...
lunch!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:19:01 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
> wrote:

>I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
>about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
>pills.

That deserves a big guffaw.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking
nfw nfw is offline

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:16:49 -0400, brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:45:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> brooklyn1 > wrote:

>>> Nah, that would take up valuable space reserved for booze. hehe

>>If I were going to do that, I believe I'd be making some kind of boozy
>>chocolate drink. Come to think of it, I think I might have a bottle of
>>Kahlua in the cabinet. Gotta think on that. Good ideer, Sheldon.

>I rarely fix a fruit smoothie without spiking it with rum and Coco
>Lopez. Hmmm, I've got four over ripe nanas sittin' on the counter...
>lunch!

This says volumes, it also explains your posting habits, probably in
your cups (smoothie cups) laced with large quantities of rum when
posting. Why not try a spam smoothie?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 23, 7:32*am, nfw > wrote:

Why not try a spam smoothie?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwww

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 11:19*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
> about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
> pills.

Laugh of the day award to YOU.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 11:19*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
> about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
> pills.

Now, THAT required a warning!! You get the laugh of the day award.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Today's was skim milk, plain yogurt, a banana, a pinch of cocoa powder
and liquid lecithin. I usually try to add another fruit like papaya
or strawberries to mask the banana.

At my gym, they add a bit of Muscle Milk, some finely ground oatmeal
and charge 3 bucks for this.

I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
pain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> Today's was skim milk, plain yogurt, a banana, a pinch of cocoa powder
> and liquid lecithin. I usually try to add another fruit like papaya
> or strawberries to mask the banana.
>
> At my gym, they add a bit of Muscle Milk, some finely ground oatmeal
> and charge 3 bucks for this.
>
> I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
> pain.

I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt, 1 cup
light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes. Comes out great.
No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD stuff!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
> pain.

Really? Put in some hot water, a drop of dishwashing soap, cover it and
buzz it for a few seconds. Rinse it out, take it apart, rinse the
blade, gasket, and cover and either dry it by hand or let it sit in the
drainer.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:

> Kalmia wrote:
> >
> > Today's was skim milk, plain yogurt, a banana, a pinch of cocoa powder
> > and liquid lecithin. I usually try to add another fruit like papaya
> > or strawberries to mask the banana.
> >
> > At my gym, they add a bit of Muscle Milk, some finely ground oatmeal
> > and charge 3 bucks for this.
> >
> > I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
> > pain.

> I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt, 1 cup
> light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes. Comes out great.
> No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD stuff!

I'm thinking about this Waring:
<http://www.webstaurantstore.com/wari...ender-for-bars
-two-speed-48-oz/929BB150.html> I've shopped with these folks before.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 6:27*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Somebody oughtta write a song. . . .
>
> It's been Smoothie Central here lately. *Just leaving the freakin'
> blender out makes the idea more appealing. * Tonight's seedy offering
> was blueberries, raspberries, bananas, honey, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes. *
> Pretty tasty if I do say.
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
> St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew;
> sometimes in a pickle."
> Where are my pearls, Honey?

and...Andy would have added some meat of some sort.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> Today's was skim milk, plain yogurt, a banana, a pinch of cocoa powder
> and liquid lecithin. I usually try to add another fruit like papaya
> or strawberries to mask the banana.
>
> At my gym, they add a bit of Muscle Milk, some finely ground oatmeal
> and charge 3 bucks for this.
>
> I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
> pain.

I think you'd be happy with it. And, yes, it's very easy to clean.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>In article
>,
> Kalmia > wrote:
>
>> I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
>> pain.

>Really? Put in some hot water, a drop of dishwashing soap, cover it and
>buzz it for a few seconds. Rinse it out, take it apart, rinse the
>blade, gasket, and cover and either dry it by hand or let it sit in the
>drainer.

And when drinking smoothies during the day you only need to wash a
blender like once every week to ten days... inbetwixt the
booze sanitizes any goims.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <u7m2o.21814$Sr.6234@hurricane>,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Kalmia wrote:
> > I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is a
> > pain.

> I think you'd be happy with it. And, yes, it's very easy to clean.
>
> nancy

I would never use my immersion blender with ice cubes, though.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <u7m2o.21814$Sr.6234@hurricane>,
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> Kalmia wrote:
>>> I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender is
>>> a pain.

>> I think you'd be happy with it. And, yes, it's very easy to clean.

> I would never use my immersion blender with ice cubes, though.

No, that's for sure.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 23, 2:32*pm, Goomba > wrote:

> I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt, 1 cup
> light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes. Comes out great.
> No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD stuff!

My processor is too small - I make about a 16 oz. smoothie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 23, 3:26*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Kalmia > wrote:
> > *I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender *is a
> > pain.

> Really? *Put in some hot water, a drop of dishwashing soap, cover it and
> buzz it for a few seconds. *Rinse it out, take it apart, rinse the
> blade, gasket, and cover and either dry it by hand or let it sit in the
> drainer. *

It's taking it apart etc which is the pain. Isn't the immersible
thing of fewer parts to dissemble?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 05:57:45 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
> wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:19:01 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
>>>about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for
>>>ED
>>>pills.

>> And your problem with that would be? ;-)
>>
>> koko
>> --
>>

>Only the need for ED pills when presented with a lovely gift.

Damn, you are good. ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 07/17/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> On Jul 23, 3:26*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Kalmia > wrote:
> > > *I really think I need that immersion tool - washing the blender *is a
> > > pain.

> > Really? *Put in some hot water, a drop of dishwashing soap, cover it and
> > buzz it for a few seconds. *Rinse it out, take it apart, rinse the
> > blade, gasket, and cover and either dry it by hand or let it sit in the
> > drainer. *

> It's taking it apart etc which is the pain.

Serious? Unscrewing the bottom and removing the gasket and blade? Huh!

> Isn't the immersible thing of fewer parts to dissemble?

Fact. :-) Depending on what you get, there's nothing to dissemble. I
sometimes give that a whiz in hot soapy water, too, rinse and call it
done.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
brooklyn1 > wrote:
> And when drinking smoothies during the day you only need to wash a
> blender like once every week to ten days... inbetwixt the
> booze sanitizes any goims.

Jesus, Sheldon! I read "groins". I gotta get new glasses.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:
> I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt, 1 cup
> light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes. Comes out great.
> No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD stuff!

Aren't the ice cubes hard on the blades? :-\ (What the heck is light
orange juice?)
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/23/2010 04:22 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article <u7m2o.21814$Sr.6234@hurricane>,

>>> I think you'd be happy with it. And, yes, it's very easy to clean.

>> I would never use my immersion blender with ice cubes, though.

> No, that's for sure.

We do, and it's no problem.

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
New post: 12 Intimidating Foods I Want to Learn to Make
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
>> I was the subject line and my sick mind conjured up that this thread was
>> about lady senior citizens getting a bikini wax and their men looking for ED
>> pills.

> <thwack>
> <thwackthwackthwackthwackthwackwhomp!>

Hit him again for me. That was an ugly visualization.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Goomba > wrote:
>> I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt, 1 cup
>> light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes. Comes out great.
>> No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD stuff!

> Aren't the ice cubes hard on the blades? :-\ (What the heck is light
> orange juice?)

Hasn't seemed to hurt the blades a bit so I guess the answer is.. no?
And light orange juice is a watered down, artificially sweetened juice
drink (tropicana, minute maid, etc) with half the calories. Look next to
the cartons of juice in the fridge section at the market. I always
watered down regular frozen concentrate orange juice but this stuff is
good for smoothies and just cutting a few calories here and there. Its
grown on me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>> I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt,
>> 1 cup light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes.
>> Comes out great. No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD
>> stuff!
>>

> What the heck is "light ornage juice"? Orange juice is orange juice.
> Do you mean orange juice without pulp?

Light Orange juice has 50% less calories and sugar.
Translation: They add water as well as other garbage.
Second Translation: We can make more profit from the gullible by selling
water in an OJ container

From Minute Maid
Ingredients
Filtered water, concentrated orange juice, orange pulp, natural flavour,
citric acid (controls tartness), ascorbic acid (vitamin C),
acesulfame-potassium, sucralose, colour. Contains (per 250 mL): 6 mg
sucralose, 21 mg acesulfame-potassium.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Goomba > wrote:
>>> I just use my food processor- 1 container (6 oz) of plain yogurt, 1 cup
>>> light orange juice, 1 banana and a couple of ice cubes. Comes out great.
>>> No additional sweetener or milk needed. GOOD stuff!

>> Aren't the ice cubes hard on the blades? :-\ (What the heck is light
>> orange juice?)

>And light orange juice is a watered down, artificially sweetened juice
>drink (tropicana, minute maid, etc) with half the calories.

Hmm, that would be "orangeade". I'll have to look next trip... I'd
think it would be illegal to label that orange juice... that's orange
*drink*. That said I typically dilute orange juice at home, with ice
and Crystal Palace.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I've nver seen ice cubes damage the blades of f/p's or blenders. As
> to the light orange juice...blech! Give me the natural stuff with
> extra pulp. The flavor and texture is worth the calories (to me).

Ick.

Pulp in orange juice (to me) is like drinking OJ with sand mixed in.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote

> Ick.
>
> Pulp in orange juice (to me) is like drinking OJ with sand mixed in.
>
> gloria p

I buy the extra pulp too. If you squeeze your own, do you strain it before
drinking? I never did. Fresh squeezed is so much better, but it is
difficult to find good juice oranges. Not to mention expensive. The
commercial stuff is more better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Aren't the ice cubes hard on the blades? :-\ (What the heck is light
> > orange juice?)

> Hasn't seemed to hurt the blades a bit so I guess the answer is.. no?

Huh.

> And light orange juice is a watered down, artificially sweetened juice
> drink (tropicana, minute maid, etc) with half the calories.

Thanks for the explanation.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>

>> I've nver seen ice cubes damage the blades of f/p's or blenders. As to
>> the light orange juice...blech! Give me the natural stuff with extra
>> pulp. The flavor and texture is worth the calories (to me).
>>

> Ick.
>
> Pulp in orange juice (to me) is like drinking OJ with sand mixed in.
>
> gloria p

I agree! I keep seeing those ads on TV for "Fruit Today" (or something like
that). Juice and fruit bits. I'm sorry, but I don't want to drink "bits"
LOL

Jill