Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Duck a l'Orange

I wanna do a duck!

My library finally got in a pair of Julia's original Art of French
Cooking books (we're poor! . My question is, which book is the
recipe in, vol 1 or 2? I know damn well it's in one of them!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-07-09, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Can you get duck there easily?

I don't care anymore. I'll mailorder the most expensive duck on the
Northern continent if I have to. I've finally reached a point where I
figure I need to die fat and happy rather than fincially secure.

> Can you go to the library and check out the books to see which one it
> is in?

Yes, but I thought I'd ask beforehand, if for no other reason than to
generate an interesting thread.

> Let us know how it turns out, if you fix that...

I've been playing with stocks. Only chicken, so far. But, I want to
do duck, it being a major ingredient for Asian food. I'm in no hurry,
but want to start building up a Winter stash of duck stocks for pho
and other noodles dishes. I'm finally starting to "get" noodles.

I've also recently discovered a source of goat. I'm so
Jonesing for a good birria. Recipes welcome.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/09/2010 04:03 PM, notbob wrote:
> I wanna do a duck!

Sounds like a personal problem!

> My library finally got in a pair of Julia's original Art of French
> Cooking books (we're poor! . My question is, which book is the
> recipe in, vol 1 or 2? I know damn well it's in one of them!

I'll look in volume 1 and get right back to you. Hang on.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/09/2010 04:45 PM, Serene Vannoy wrote:
> On 07/09/2010 04:03 PM, notbob wrote:
>> I wanna do a duck!

> Sounds like a personal problem!
>

>> My library finally got in a pair of Julia's original Art of French
>> Cooking books (we're poor! . My question is, which book is the
>> recipe in, vol 1 or 2? I know damn well it's in one of them!

> I'll look in volume 1 and get right back to you. Hang on.

Page 276 of the first volume.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-07-09, Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Page 276 of the first volume.

Thanks, Serene!

We had the 2nd vol but JUST NOW acquired the 1st vol. Don't ask.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 02:11:25 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2010-07-09, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>>
>> Page 276 of the first volume.

>Thanks, Serene!
>
>We had the 2nd vol but JUST NOW acquired the 1st vol. Don't ask.
>
>nb

How complicated do you want to get, nb? I can scan a long recipe that
I bought a book just to get my hands on - but after I saw how long and
complicated it was I never made it. If you're interested, you can be
the first on your block to try that recipe.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:03:55 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I wanna do a duck!

Hope you take the proper precautions...

>My library finally got in a pair of Julia's original Art of French
>Cooking books (we're poor! . My question is, which book is the
>recipe in, vol 1 or 2? I know damn well it's in one of them!

Page 276 (vol 1)