Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2010-05-29) NS-RFC: Grillin' 'n' chillin' time

http://www.recfoodcooking.com

Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.

I'll take #18, befitting to the survey, the Outdoor TFH. Thanks!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this
> survey. --

I answered "other meats" since I usually broil salmon. Would this be
correct?

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.

We don't grill much now that we have a gas grill. When we had a
charcoal grill, *I* did it, I did it often and I cooked all my meats
on it. If it was served plain (no gravy), it went on the grill.
Nowadays, I use an indoor grill pan but not as much as I used the
outdoor grill. Times change, people change.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:45:51 -0400, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200:
>
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> > Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this
> > survey. --

> I answered "other meats" since I usually broil salmon. Would this be
> correct?

I answered MCINL because I do all meats on the grill.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200:
>
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> > Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this
> > survey. --

> I answered "other meats" since I usually broil salmon. Would this be
> correct?

We had alder-planked Copper River salmon Thursday night. It was on
sale, no less. It sucks living in Seattle...[evil grin]

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

news

#1, more than 200 times a year. One of them has been burning continuously
for the last 3 days, and I've cooked on it every day, twice already today.
Probably will fire up another one later today, so I can smoke some Boston
Butts and grill some steaks at the same time

MCINL for #2.
Pretty much, "all of the above" would have fit

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
news
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Grilling
Beef
Chicken
Pork
Fish
shellfish
veggies
Fresh fruit in season
(Love grilled peaches & pineapple)

Since we're here in CA I tend to grill at the very least 3 times a week.

Then I get out the smoker for pulled pork & ribs

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 29, 12:49*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

I needed another category on how often - about once every 5 years. I
find it a royal pain to set up the grill, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On May 29, 12:49 pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
..> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> I needed another category on how often - about once every 5 years. I
> find it a royal pain to set up the grill, etc.

Leave it set up. I light the fire right before I enter the house when I
return from work. By the time I am ready to cook, the fire is also ready.
Easier than an oven, and in the summer, the heat stays outdoors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:21:51 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> On May 29, 12:49*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com
> >
> > Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> I needed another category on how often - about once every 5 years. I
> find it a royal pain to set up the grill, etc.

If you did it more often, you wouldn't need to set it up!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this
>> survey. --

> I answered "other meats" since I usually broil salmon. Would this be
> correct?

We do it all. As soon as it is warm enough to stay out on the patio and
cook, and it is reasonably light out, and it is not pouring rain, we
cook almost all our meals on the grill. We do steaks, hamburgers, pork
chops, lamb chops and roasts, chicken parts, roasted chickens, salmon
steaks and fillets,trout, calamari (a few times), shrimp, veggiebabs,
corn. We cook outside almost every night from April through to November.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.

Looks like that one was all over the map. :-)
Nice survey!

I plan to smoke both chicken and pork tomorrow.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> On May 29, 12:49*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com
> >
> > Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this survey.
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> I needed another category on how often - about once every 5 years. I
> find it a royal pain to set up the grill, etc.

Why?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy > wrote in :

> Cathy,
>
> Fun survey!
>
> The original homeowners were smart enough to install a 6,000
> watt electric indoor bbq grill back in 1969.
>
> Still as reliable as air! So what if the neighbor's lights dim
> a bit.
>
> As seen he http://i32.tinypic.com/2cr7lmx.jpg
>
> Countless times, company came and took the spatula and tongs
> out of my hand and joyfully take over grilling chores. Some
> friends and relatives would call and ask to be invited to cook
> us and them dinner and in general, have run of the place. Year
> 'round best of times! ))
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Nice! Lucky you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:45:51 -0400, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this
>> survey. --

>I answered "other meats" since I usually broil salmon. Would this be
>correct?

Sounds reasonable to me. Though I probably should have added a "fish
or other seafood" category.

Trying to figure out all the possibilities, and how people will read
the question, can be difficult. The number of MCINL responses tells
me how well I've accomplished that task.

Making up surveys is a lot more fun than making up exam questions.
It's the only time I make up questions that people *want* to answer.
:-)
--
Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry wrote:

>> ChattyCathy wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 18:49:23 +0200:
>>
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>>> Many thanks go to Terry (Pr'fesser) for sending in this
>>> survey. --

> Sounds reasonable to me. Though I probably should have added a "fish
> or other seafood" category.
>
> Trying to figure out all the possibilities, and how people will read
> the question, can be difficult. The number of MCINL responses tells
> me how well I've accomplished that task.
>
> Making up surveys is a lot more fun than making up exam questions.
> It's the only time I make up questions that people *want* to answer.
> :-)

Haha, we rush to take your tests! Actually, I do appreciate your
contributions to the surveys, thanks.

I answered beef because steaks and burgers are the most common
things we have on the grill, but of course there are plenty of
vegetables and some chicken. Not much fish. Once in a while,
pork chops.

My favorite chicken on the grill is drumsticks that have been
coated in a mixture of vegetable oil, lots of oregano and granulated
garlic.

nancy