Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Emeril's grilled pork tenderloin

We watched an episode of Emeril Green last week and he featured this recipe.
It certainly looked good so I made a variation of it this past weekend. I
made minor variations to suit the ingredients on hand but overall, it was
very good. I'll do it again. I like fruit as an ingredient of savory
dishes. We happened to have Cara Cara oranges also, but any good orange
will do.

Emeril's Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a Tangerine Rosemary Sauce
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups tangerine juice
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons roasted garlic
2 tablespoons minced shallot
4 teaspoons tangerine zest
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 one-pound pork tenderloins
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch kale leaves
1 small bunch garlic scapes
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 cup Cara Cara orange segments
3/4 cup tangerine segments

Method:
Combine half the tangerine juice, olive oil, roasted garlic, shallot,
tangerine zest, and rosemary in a shallow baking dish. Place the pork
tenderloins in the marinade and place in the refrigerator for about a half
hour. Remove the pork from the marinade and bring to room temperature.
Season the pork tenderloins all over with salt and pepper. Heat a grill or a
grill pan to medium high. Grill the tenderloins until a thermometer inserted
into the center registers 140 degrees F, about 6 minutes per side for a
total cooking time of around 12 minutes. Remove the tenderloins from the
grill and let rest while making the sauce. Drizzle the kale leaves and the
garlic scapes with the grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper. Place
on the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until well marked. Turn and continue
cooking another 5 minutes or so. Set aside until ready to serve.

In a medium sauté pan, over medium high heat, add the remaining tangerine
juice
and segments and bring to a boil. Reduce the marinade until syrupy, 4 to 5
minutes. Slice the tenderloins on the bias, fan out on the plate on top of
the kale and garlic scapes. Spoon the sauce with the citrus segments over
the sliced pork tenderloin. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings