Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default more on organic produce

A friend sent me this link
<http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Politics/Politics/bush_administration_ignored_organic_laws_190310120 6.html>

WASHINGTON, DC: After an extensive audit and investigation of alleged
improprieties at the USDA's National Organic Program, the agency's
Office of Inspector General (OIG) made public their formal report,
dated March 9, substantiating the allegations of prominent organic
industry watchdog groups — that under the Bush administration, the
USDA did an inadequate job of enforcing federal organic law.

Lot's of reading....

PROBLEMS IDENTIFIED: OIG issued 14 recommendations to NOP for
improvements. AMS has agreed with all of them.

(followed by the list)

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-03-27, sf > wrote:

> USDA did an inadequate job of enforcing federal organic law.

Gee, there's a real surprise. [eyeroll]

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 26, 10:29*pm, sf > wrote:
> A friend sent me this link
> <http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Politics/Politics/bush_administra...>

under the Bush administration, the
USDA did an inadequate job of enforcing federal organic law.

-----

no surprise there, under the previous administration an inadequate job
was done by way of policy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:12:51 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Mar 26, 10:29*pm, sf > wrote:
>> A friend sent me this link
>> <http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Politics/Politics/bush_administra...>
>>

>under the Bush administration, the
>USDA did an inadequate job of enforcing federal organic law.

Why would anyone with a brain enforce a law about something that
doesn't exist... there is no such thing as organic farming.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:12:51 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 10:29*pm, sf > wrote:
> > A friend sent me this link
> > <http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Politics/Politics/bush_administra...>
> >

> under the Bush administration, the
> USDA did an inadequate job of enforcing federal organic law.
>
> -----
>
> no surprise there, under the previous administration an inadequate job
> was done by way of policy.

Isn't it usually either one way or the other? It all boils down to
not enough inspectors in the field. The foreign produce is inspected
even less. No wonder Walmart can stock it.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.