Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Death of Common Sense

Peter failed to be funny again:

> An Obituary printed in the London Times -
>
> Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has
> been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since
> his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/commonsense.asp

"This essay is actually the work of Lori Borgman and was first published in
the Indianapolis Star on 15 March 1998."

Christ, Peter, can't you come up with ANYTHING current? Or even HALFWAY
funny?

Here's another joke about Peter:

Peter went into a butcher shop and asked for a two-pound salami. The butcher
weighed out the sausage, then put it into the machine and began slicing it.
"Hey, stop that!" Peter shouted. "What do you think I am, a slot machine?"

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

>> Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense,
>> who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old
>> he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic
>> red tape.

Very nice post

> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/commonsense.asp
>
> "This essay is actually the work of Lori Borgman and was first
> published in the Indianapolis Star on 15 March 1998."
>
> Christ, Peter, can't you come up with ANYTHING current? Or even
> HALFWAY funny?

First, it's funny.
Second, I don't give a damn if it had been published before.
Third, the not-even-halfway-funny crap was all yours.
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosè

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ViLco wrote:

>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/commonsense.asp
>>
>> "This essay is actually the work of Lori Borgman and was first
>> published in the Indianapolis Star on 15 March 1998."
>>
>> Christ, Peter, can't you come up with ANYTHING current? Or even
>> HALFWAY funny?

> First, it's funny.
> Second, I don't give a damn if it had been published before.
> Third, the not-even-halfway-funny crap was all yours.

Not funny. Most politically-based humor has a shelf life of mere weeks
before it's no longer funny, with the possible exception of jokes about
Mussolini.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:28:12 -0800, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> ViLco wrote:
>
>>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/commonsense.asp
>>>
>>> "This essay is actually the work of Lori Borgman and was first
>>> published in the Indianapolis Star on 15 March 1998."
>>>
>>> Christ, Peter, can't you come up with ANYTHING current? Or even
>>> HALFWAY funny?

>> First, it's funny.
>> Second, I don't give a damn if it had been published before.
>> Third, the not-even-halfway-funny crap was all yours.

> Not funny. Most politically-based humor has a shelf life of mere weeks
> before it's no longer funny, with the possible exception of jokes about
> Mussolini.
>
> Bob

don't you mean mooselini?

<http://www.zazzle.com/mooselini_t_shirt-235027995086106764>