Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Two pots of...

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> chili... David's preference for thin and rather plain, and mine so filled
> with ingredients and seasonings you can easily stand a spoon up in it.
>
> It was a "frigid" 39 degrees when I got up this morning! :-)

I've been hankering for a pot of chili since it got some cold. Think I'll
make some tomorrow. I'm like you I'd rather the chili be really thick.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
"King's Crown" > wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
> > chili... David's preference for thin and rather plain, and mine so filled
> > with ingredients and seasonings you can easily stand a spoon up in it.
> >
> > It was a "frigid" 39 degrees when I got up this morning! :-)
> >

> I've been hankering for a pot of chili since it got some cold. Think I'll
> make some tomorrow. I'm like you I'd rather the chili be really thick.

if it's too thick, when you crumble the crackers into it they don't soak
up anything.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 06:52:25 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>> if it's too thick, when you crumble the crackers into it they don't soak
>> up anything.
>>
>> Isaac
>>

>I don't crumble the crackers into it. I want my crackers as crisp as
>possible.

I take a relatively thin chili and crush up a whole bunch of crackers
in it until it's the consistancy of say... peanut butter. Yum!

--
Zilbandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"isw" > wrote in message
]...
> In article >,
> "King's Crown" > wrote:
>
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> 5.247...
>> > chili... David's preference for thin and rather plain, and mine so
>> > filled
>> > with ingredients and seasonings you can easily stand a spoon up in it.
>> >
>> > It was a "frigid" 39 degrees when I got up this morning! :-)
>> >

>> I've been hankering for a pot of chili since it got some cold. Think
>> I'll
>> make some tomorrow. I'm like you I'd rather the chili be really thick.

> if it's too thick, when you crumble the crackers into it they don't soak
> up anything.
>
> Isaac

I prefer crumbled tortilla chips in mine.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Zilbandy > wrote:

> I take a relatively thin chili and crush up a whole bunch of crackers
> in it until it's the consistancy of say... peanut butter. Yum!

You too? My wife thinks I'm nuts. I do the same with tomato soup and a
few others.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in

> I don't crumble the crackers into it. I want my crackers as
> crisp as possible.

Oyster crackers here.

Weather was -0 and below with wind chill. Finally we are warming
up. Yesterday was then 2nd batch of chili made this week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:17:48 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Zilbandy > wrote:
>
>> I take a relatively thin chili and crush up a whole bunch of crackers
>> in it until it's the consistancy of say... peanut butter. Yum!

>You too? My wife thinks I'm nuts. I do the same with tomato soup and a
>few others.

Me too!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:07:06 -0800, "King's Crown" >
wrote:

>I prefer crumbled tortilla chips in mine.

Do you ever make tortilla soup with them? You can get fancy or as
simple as chicken broth, commercial salsa fresca plus tortilla chips.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ]>,
isw > wrote:

> In article >,
> "King's Crown" > wrote:
>
> > "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> > 5.247...
> > > chili... David's preference for thin and rather plain, and mine so filled
> > > with ingredients and seasonings you can easily stand a spoon up in it.
> > >
> > > It was a "frigid" 39 degrees when I got up this morning! :-)
> > >

> > I've been hankering for a pot of chili since it got some cold. Think I'll
> > make some tomorrow. I'm like you I'd rather the chili be really thick.

> if it's too thick, when you crumble the crackers into it they don't soak
> up anything.
>
> Isaac

Crackers???

CORN BREAD is for Chili Isaac!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"King's Crown" > wrote:

> "isw" > wrote in message
> ]...
> > In article >,
> > "King's Crown" > wrote:
> >
> >> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> >> 5.247...

> >> I've been hankering for a pot of chili since it got some cold. Think
> >> I'll
> >> make some tomorrow. I'm like you I'd rather the chili be really thick.

> > if it's too thick, when you crumble the crackers into it they don't soak
> > up anything.
> >
> > Isaac

> I prefer crumbled tortilla chips in mine.
>
> Lynne

Okay, I can live with that. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

> Crackers???
>
> CORN BREAD is for Chili Isaac!
> --
> Peace! Om

I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
is for ham and beans.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 14, 7:57*pm, "Ms P" > wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>
> news >
>

> > Crackers???

> > CORN BREAD is for Chili Isaac!
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. *Corn bread
> is for ham and beans.

I'll second that! Cinnamon rolls, butter, and a hot bowl of spicy
chili.....Oh and a nice cold mug of beeeeeer......
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om replied to Isaac about chili:

>> if it's too thick, when you crumble the crackers into it they don't soak
>> up anything.
>>
>> Isaac

> Crackers???
>
> CORN BREAD is for Chili Isaac!

They're both good, but Isaac is right, crackers are the traditional
accompaniment. Oyster crackers, even, though saltines are more common
nowadays. I've seen tortillas (both corn and flour) served in that spot,
too. And of course, people serve chili on top of spaghetti or rice in some
places. I find them all acceptable, and my favorite depends on my mood.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PVC replied to Ms P:

>> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn
>> bread is for ham and beans.

> I'll second that! Cinnamon rolls, butter, and a hot bowl of spicy
> chili.....Oh and a nice cold mug of beeeeeer......

Must be an Oklahoma thing.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> PVC replied to Ms P:
>
>>> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn
>>> bread is for ham and beans.

>> I'll second that! Cinnamon rolls, butter, and a hot bowl of spicy
>> chili.....Oh and a nice cold mug of beeeeeer......

> Must be an Oklahoma thing.
>
> Bob

Why would you say that? I've been eating cinnamon rolls with chili since
9th grade in Colorado. Of course that was back when they actually cooked
from scratch in an actual school kitchen.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ms P" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > Crackers???
> >
> > CORN BREAD is for Chili Isaac!
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
> is for ham and beans.
>
> Ms P

It's the differences in taste that makes the world interesting. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> PVC replied to Ms P:
>
> >> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn
> >> bread is for ham and beans.

> > I'll second that! Cinnamon rolls, butter, and a hot bowl of spicy
> > chili.....Oh and a nice cold mug of beeeeeer......

> Must be an Oklahoma thing.
>
> Bob

<lol> Indeed...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> They're both good, but Isaac is right, crackers are the traditional
> accompaniment. Oyster crackers, even, though saltines are more common
> nowadays. I've seen tortillas (both corn and flour) served in that
> spot, too. And of course, people serve chili on top of spaghetti or
> rice in some places. I find them all acceptable, and my favorite
> depends on my mood.
>
> Bob

To accompany a bowl of chili, my choices in order of preference are
saltine crackers, corn chips, tortilla chips and corn bread. Oh gosh,
now I'm in a chili mood.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > They're both good, but Isaac is right, crackers are the traditional
> > accompaniment. Oyster crackers, even, though saltines are more common
> > nowadays. I've seen tortillas (both corn and flour) served in that
> > spot, too. And of course, people serve chili on top of spaghetti or
> > rice in some places. I find them all acceptable, and my favorite
> > depends on my mood.
> >
> > Bob

> To accompany a bowl of chili, my choices in order of preference are
> saltine crackers, corn chips, tortilla chips and corn bread. Oh gosh,
> now I'm in a chili mood.
>

> Becca

MMmm... That reminds me of PEPPER BELLIES!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=116930

Gods. This take me back to the 7th grade...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Ms P" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> Crackers???
>>>
>>> CORN BREAD is for Chili Isaac!
>>> --
>>> Peace! Om

>> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
>> is for ham and beans.
>>
>> Ms P

> It's the differences in taste that makes the world interesting. <g>

Makes me glad we eat our chili over steamed brown rice. Cornbread is
good with milk poured over it and also with beans and ham on it. DW
likes it hot with molasses over it for breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "Ms P" > wrote:
> >
> >> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> >> news > >>> Crackers???

> >> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn
> >> bread
> >> is for ham and beans.
> >>
> >> Ms P

> > It's the differences in taste that makes the world interesting. <g>

> Makes me glad we eat our chili over steamed brown rice. Cornbread is
> good with milk poured over it and also with beans and ham on it. DW
> likes it hot with molasses over it for breakfast.

I seriously dare you to try Chili with cornbread.

And I, in turn, shall try it with brown rice. I happen to like brown
rice. ;-)

Be adventurous!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:56:15 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>I seriously dare you to try Chili with cornbread.
>
>And I, in turn, shall try it with brown rice. I happen to like brown
>rice. ;-)

When I have chili with rice, the rice is white. Chili and rice (even
brown) is a good combo AFAIC, but I do rice with leftover chili.
Cornbread and saltines go with the first day's bowl.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
>> PVC replied to Ms P:

>> > I'll second that! Cinnamon rolls, butter, and a hot bowl of spicy
>> > chili.....Oh and a nice cold mug of beeeeeer......

>> Must be an Oklahoma thing.
>>
>> Bob

> <lol> Indeed...
> --
> Peace! Om

Not.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote to George:

> I seriously dare you to try Chili with cornbread.
>
> And I, in turn, shall try it with brown rice. I happen to like brown
> rice. ;-)
>
> Be adventurous!

"Be adventurous"? YOU try chili with cinnamon rolls, and report back on how
it was! I'm pretty damn adventurous, but that combination just sounds very
wrong to me.

Bob "Let's get Mikey!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:

>> They're both good, but Isaac is right, crackers are the traditional
>> accompaniment. Oyster crackers, even, though saltines are more common
>> nowadays. I've seen tortillas (both corn and flour) served in that spot,
>> too. And of course, people serve chili on top of spaghetti or rice in
>> some places. I find them all acceptable, and my favorite depends on my
>> mood.

> To accompany a bowl of chili, my choices in order of preference are
> saltine crackers, corn chips, tortilla chips and corn bread. Oh gosh, now
> I'm in a chili mood.

Well, I just wrote about the *starchy* stuff to accompany chili. I also have
been known to garnish chili with sliced avocado, sliced pickled jalapeños,
black olives, wedges of lime, sour cream, cilantro, chopped onion, and
shredded cheese. (But not all at the same time!) If I made a no-bean chili I
might add beans (pinto, kidney, black, or "small pink" beans) into the bowl
when I'm eating it.

One of these days I'll try shredded cabbage with chili; I remember Kathleen
mentioning that some time ago. (Come to think of it, where is Kathleen these
days?)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Om wrote to George:
>
>> I seriously dare you to try Chili with cornbread.
>>
>> And I, in turn, shall try it with brown rice. I happen to like brown
>> rice. ;-)
>>
>> Be adventurous!

> "Be adventurous"? YOU try chili with cinnamon rolls, and report back
> on how it was! I'm pretty damn adventurous, but that combination just
> sounds very wrong to me.

It's like using Krispy Kremes as a hamburger roll. It's not for me,
but someone thinks it's a great idea.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> It's like using Krispy Kremes as a hamburger roll. It's not for me,
> but someone thinks it's a great idea.

lolol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 01:05:39 -0800, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Om wrote to George:
>
>> I seriously dare you to try Chili with cornbread.
>>
>> And I, in turn, shall try it with brown rice. I happen to like brown
>> rice. ;-)
>>
>> Be adventurous!

> "Be adventurous"? YOU try chili with cinnamon rolls, and report back on how
> it was! I'm pretty damn adventurous, but that combination just sounds very
> wrong to me.
>
> Bob "Let's get Mikey!"

must be with cincinnati chili.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ms P" > wrote:

> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
> is for ham and beans.

I feel like you just smacked me in the forehead with a hammer! I had
completely forgotten, but when I was in grade school, some 50 years ago,
we *always* had cinnamon rolls when there was chili for the school
lunch. Every single time. They were big rolls, too, or at least they
seemed big to a little kid.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
| In article >,
| "Ms P" > wrote:
|

| > I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
| > is for ham and beans.
|
| I feel like you just smacked me in the forehead with a hammer! I had
| completely forgotten, but when I was in grade school, some 50 years ago,
| we *always* had cinnamon rolls when there was chili for the school
| lunch. Every single time. They were big rolls, too, or at least they
| seemed big to a little kid.

In my area of the country, west coast Florida, we had the cornbread,
but I recall usually dry drab stuff. The thought of cinnamon rolls
really sounds good. Even poor cin. rolls, compared to poor cornbread,
sounds good. Now how do I do this, with the late onset diabetes and
all. Off to buy a cinnamon roll this weekend. Mmmm, sounds good.
Diet the next day, gaudeamus igitur...

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:01:18 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> "Ms P" > wrote:
>

>> I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
>> is for ham and beans.

>I feel like you just smacked me in the forehead with a hammer! I had
>completely forgotten, but when I was in grade school, some 50 years ago,
>we *always* had cinnamon rolls when there was chili for the school
>lunch. Every single time. They were big rolls, too, or at least they
>seemed big to a little kid.

I went to a small country school in Michigan (under 100 students) and
we weren't served hot lunches but we could buy milk for 5¢. If our
lunch was hot, our mothers packed it in a Thermos.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:11:02 -0500, "pavane"
> wrote:

>In my area of the country, west coast Florida, we had the cornbread,
>but I recall usually dry drab stuff.

They had to be 100% cornmeal. BTDT (not brought up eating cornmeal
bread), it was too dry for me.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> | In article >,
> | "Ms P" > wrote:
> |

> | > I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn
> bread
> | > is for ham and beans.
> |
> | I feel like you just smacked me in the forehead with a hammer! I had
> | completely forgotten, but when I was in grade school, some 50 years ago,
> | we *always* had cinnamon rolls when there was chili for the school
> | lunch. Every single time. They were big rolls, too, or at least they
> | seemed big to a little kid.
>
> In my area of the country, west coast Florida, we had the cornbread,
> but I recall usually dry drab stuff. The thought of cinnamon rolls
> really sounds good. Even poor cin. rolls, compared to poor cornbread,
> sounds good. Now how do I do this, with the late onset diabetes and
> all. Off to buy a cinnamon roll this weekend. Mmmm, sounds good.
> Diet the next day, gaudeamus igitur...
>
> pavane

I've never found unfrosted cinnamon rolls to go with chili, I always have to
make them. If you want to cheat use frozen bread dough and roll it out and
just use butter, white sugar and cinnamon on them.

I usually just use a sweet roll dough for them.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:55:04 -0800, Ranee at Arabian Knits
> wrote:

>In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> They had to be 100% cornmeal. BTDT (not brought up eating cornmeal
>> bread), it was too dry for me.

> <whisper> I like the fluffy, tall cornbread. I even put honey in
>the batter.</whisper>
>
> I know we northerners are supposed to be ashamed of our sweetened,
>fluffy cornbread, but I am not. If southerners can be proud of candied
>sweet potatoes and Jell-O "salads,"

<laugh> don't forget their sweet tea. Frankly, I didn't know I was
supposed to be ashamed of adding a little flour and sugar to cornbread
until I started reading rfc. What a surprise! I'd started off the
hard core way and decided I didn't like it. I even thought adding
flour and sugar were my own invention, what a surprise to find there
were actual recipes for cornbread that used flour and sugar too. It
only goes to show I'm not alone not liking pure cornmeal cornbread.

>surely I can be excused a little
>honey in a giant pan of cornbread. And I cook it in glass, because I
>don't want it to be dry, crumbly and crunchy on the edges.

Me too, although I've done it in a cast iron skillet the last few
times... which is good too. To be honest, I like the looks of serving
it from a skillet. Superficial, I know.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pervAnus" <pavane@nowhere> wrote:
>| "Ms P" > wrote:
>|
>| > I'd much rather have cinnamon rolls with chili than corn bread. Corn bread
>| > is for ham and beans.
>
>In my area of the country, west coast Florida [Redneck Alley] we had cornbread,

"Corn bread" and "cornbread" are not the same, not even close.
"Corn bread" (two woids) is an extremely robust coarse grained sour
dough rye bread (contains no corn/maize), best for a corned beef
sandwich.

"Cornbread" (one woid) is a quick bread made from a ground corn/maize
batter, more a very wussy cake than a bread, same as a corn muffin...
not suitable for chili. Good chili is best with corn chips, as in
with nachos made from blackened corn tortillas... otherwise chili
should be eaten au jus... or some chili eaters eat chili on a bed of
plain white long grain rice or with soda crackers... only toothless
redneck trailer trash canned chili eaters serve that slop with corn
bread/cake. Never in my life hoid of chili with cinnamon buns,
absurd.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Dec 17, 9:33 am, sf > wrote:

> <laugh> don't forget their sweet tea. Frankly, I didn't know I was
> supposed to be ashamed of adding a little flour and sugar to cornbread
> until I started reading rfc. What a surprise! I'd started off the
> hard core way and decided I didn't like it. I even thought adding
> flour and sugar were my own invention, what a surprise to find there
> were actual recipes for cornbread that used flour and sugar too. It
> only goes to show I'm not alone not liking pure cornmeal cornbread.

[snips]

Time to post again the recipe for the cornbread that stays firm and
doesn't crumble, making it a good accompaniment for chili:

Corn Bread

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt [room temp]
2 large eggs [room temp]

Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add
yogurt, mix eggs slightly and add them, mix just until blended.
Pour into a buttered 8 or 9-inch cast iron frying pan. Bake 20 to 25
minutes, until top springs back when gently pressed in the
center.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:56:43 -0800 (PST), aem >
wrote:

>Corn Bread
>
>1 cup all purpose flour
>1 cup yellow cornmeal
>1/4 cup sugar
>1 tsp baking soda
>3/4 tsp salt
>1 cup plain nonfat yogurt [room temp]
>2 large eggs [room temp]

I haven't seen that one before aem. Saved! I use yogurt in place of
butter scones - they are yummy, not bone dry and crumbly.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:43:10 -0800, Ranée at Arabian Knits
> wrote:

>Except, I use honey, one fewer egg, and have butter in it.

I was just talking to nb in chat. He says his aunt's secret to
delicious cornbread is an extra egg. Ooops, I let the cat out of the
bag.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
| "pervAnus" <pavane@nowhere> wrote:
| >| "Ms P" > wrote:
| >|

| >In my area of the country, west coast Florida [Redneck Alley] we had cornbread,
|
| "Corn bread" and "cornbread" are not the same, not even close.
| "Corn bread" (two woids) is an extremely robust coarse grained sour
| dough rye bread (contains no corn/maize), best for a corned beef
| sandwich.

Too stupid for a response, really, but just for the hell of it, if you
go to Wikipedia and enter "corn bread" you are redirected to the
article on "cornbread." If you go to Epicurious you will find three
variants, "corn bread," "corn-bread" and "cornbread" used quite
interchangeably throughout the website.

Where in upper New York do you live that has such a Stupid Farm ?
Do your neighbors' knuckles drag on the ground as they walk? Do
yours? As the esteemed Ostap Bender would suggest, "Back to your
medications, boy."

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.250...
| On Thu 17 Dec 2009 02:42:44p, pavane told us...

| >| >|
> [...]
| >|
| >| "Corn bread" and "cornbread" are not the same, not even close.
| >| "Corn bread" (two woids) is an extremely robust coarse grained sour
| >| dough rye bread (contains no corn/maize), best for a corned beef
| >| sandwich.
| >
| > Too stupid for a response, really, but just for the hell of it, if you
| > go to Wikipedia and enter "corn bread" you are redirected to the
| > article on "cornbread." If you go to Epicurious you will find three
| > variants, "corn bread," "corn-bread" and "cornbread" used quite
| > interchangeably throughout the website.
| >
| > Where in upper New York do you live that has such a Stupid Farm ?
| > Do your neighbors' knuckles drag on the ground as they walk? Do
| > yours? As the esteemed Ostap Bender would suggest, "Back to your
| > medications, boy."
| >
| > pavane
|
| Actually, pavane, this is one of the rarest of times that I actually agree
| with Sheldon. There is a Jewish type of rye bread called "Corn Bread". It
| is also sometimes called "Corn-Rye".
|
| http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/370501

Oh yes, I was born in New York City and know Corn Bread. I also know
cornbread and corn bread and so forth. The problem is that Jocko proclaimed
that they are "not the same, not even close" when they are in fact *identical*
in normal cooking usage, and there happens to be another product that shares
the name, as do hero-sub-grinder, or frappe-milk shake. But who can argue
with someone who once produced 400 made to order omelets on a sinking
freighter off the China Sea while standing on his head, or something like that.

pavane