Tim Challenger

Default OT holy shit

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:52:33 -0000, Dog3 wrote:

> We have the storm from hell here. A tree just fell. Cheesus.
>
> Michael

pop out and get it, you can make some chips.
--
Tim C.
Nancree

I think you're lucky. Last night San Diego County had it's first measurable
rain in SIX MONTHS ! Only half an inch. Last year we only had 5 inches all
year.
Nancree

I think you're lucky. Last night San Diego County had it's first measurable
rain in SIX MONTHS ! Only half an inch. Last year we only had 5 inches all
year.
Dave Smith

Dog3 wrote:

> Dude, I have enough firewood to last a lifetime. We had 3 trees down last
> year. I'm giving the stuff to the neighbors and I'm still going to have
> plenty. Last years is seasoned. Want some? Come and get it. The damned
> trees are falling like crazy. We just have 'em chopped up and put in the
> pit. The pit is full.

I hope that it is good firewood. We had a storm through here a number of
years ago that took down some trees. My wife called me at work to tell me
that one had blown down. I don't know what I was supposed to do about it, but
while she was on the phone I got the play by play... there goes another, and
another, and another ...... 5 trees in less than 10 minutes. I wish one of
them had been the ratty old weeping willow that I had been trying to kill. I
cam home to a back yard full of fallen trees. They were all Manitoba Maples
aka weed trees, easy to cut and split, but not much better for firewood than
willow.

Only one of the Manitoba Maples was left, and that was the one that had been
planted in a hole in my patio. The patio was getting in rough shape and I
wanted to cut down the tree and redo the concrete patio. The wife did not
want the tree cut down because it was out only shade tree. I didn't want to
go to all the work and expense of doing the patio just to have the tree
uproot in a storm and rip up half the patio. I lost that one. We ended up
doing the patio around the old tree. Sure enough, the next year the tree was
uprooted in a wind storm. Luckily, it went in such a way that it only ripped
up the roots on one side and snapped the rest of the trunk below ground level
and did not damage the concrete. So there we were without any shade tree by
the patio. If we had cut down that ugly tree when I had wanted to we would
have had a decent tree by now. As it is I have a transplanted Locust that
after 4 years of good growth decided that it's trunk was not strong enough to
support its branches and is is sagging to one side and ripping itself apart.
Lucky for me that my neighbour is in the nursery and gives me free trees when
he can't sell them all.

Dave Smith

Dog3 wrote:

> Dude, I have enough firewood to last a lifetime. We had 3 trees down last
> year. I'm giving the stuff to the neighbors and I'm still going to have
> plenty. Last years is seasoned. Want some? Come and get it. The damned
> trees are falling like crazy. We just have 'em chopped up and put in the
> pit. The pit is full.

I hope that it is good firewood. We had a storm through here a number of
years ago that took down some trees. My wife called me at work to tell me
that one had blown down. I don't know what I was supposed to do about it, but
while she was on the phone I got the play by play... there goes another, and
another, and another ...... 5 trees in less than 10 minutes. I wish one of
them had been the ratty old weeping willow that I had been trying to kill. I
cam home to a back yard full of fallen trees. They were all Manitoba Maples
aka weed trees, easy to cut and split, but not much better for firewood than
willow.

Only one of the Manitoba Maples was left, and that was the one that had been
planted in a hole in my patio. The patio was getting in rough shape and I
wanted to cut down the tree and redo the concrete patio. The wife did not
want the tree cut down because it was out only shade tree. I didn't want to
go to all the work and expense of doing the patio just to have the tree
uproot in a storm and rip up half the patio. I lost that one. We ended up
doing the patio around the old tree. Sure enough, the next year the tree was
uprooted in a wind storm. Luckily, it went in such a way that it only ripped
up the roots on one side and snapped the rest of the trunk below ground level
and did not damage the concrete. So there we were without any shade tree by
the patio. If we had cut down that ugly tree when I had wanted to we would
have had a decent tree by now. As it is I have a transplanted Locust that
after 4 years of good growth decided that it's trunk was not strong enough to
support its branches and is is sagging to one side and ripping itself apart.
Lucky for me that my neighbour is in the nursery and gives me free trees when
he can't sell them all.

Default User

Dog3 wrote:

> We had a huge storm. We get them now and again.

What are you doing to attract these storms this year?

Brian

Dog3 wrote:

> We had a huge storm. We get them now and again.

What are you doing to attract these storms this year?

Brian
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:06:14 -0400, maxine in ri
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>Dog3 wrote:
>> We have the storm from hell here. A tree just fell. Cheesus.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>We had a wee bit of wind the other night, as well as a drop of
>rain. Road flooding and downed branches are mostly cleaned up.

We've had 2 days of rain here in SoCal and are supposed to get a big
storm in tomorrow. Great. It'll take me half the day to get to work
and half the day to get back. SoCal drivers view moist pavements as
northern drivers view black ice <shrug>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
in "Non Sequitur"

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:06:14 -0400, maxine in ri
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>Dog3 wrote:
>> We have the storm from hell here. A tree just fell. Cheesus.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>We had a wee bit of wind the other night, as well as a drop of
>rain. Road flooding and downed branches are mostly cleaned up.

We've had 2 days of rain here in SoCal and are supposed to get a big
storm in tomorrow. Great. It'll take me half the day to get to work
and half the day to get back. SoCal drivers view moist pavements as
northern drivers view black ice <shrug>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
in "Non Sequitur"

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:06:14 -0400, maxine in ri
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>Dog3 wrote:
>> We have the storm from hell here. A tree just fell. Cheesus.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>We had a wee bit of wind the other night, as well as a drop of
>rain. Road flooding and downed branches are mostly cleaned up.

We've had 2 days of rain here in SoCal and are supposed to get a big
storm in tomorrow. Great. It'll take me half the day to get to work
and half the day to get back. SoCal drivers view moist pavements as
northern drivers view black ice <shrug>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
in "Non Sequitur"

sf

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:00:18 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I need to burn these
> suckers down somehow.

Or prune them.

sf
sf

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:00:18 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I need to burn these
> suckers down somehow.

Or prune them.

sf
sf

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:00:18 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I need to burn these
> suckers down somehow.

Or prune them.

sf

Dog3 wrote:

> "Default User" >
> :
>
> > What are you doing to attract these storms this year?

> I'm doing a rain dance and it's working. Do you get nothing on these
> stormy nights?

We had nothing to speak of up north. A bit of lightning that one night,
and the power went out for about 5 minutes on another.

Brian

Dog3 wrote:

> "Default User" >
> :
>
> > What are you doing to attract these storms this year?

> I'm doing a rain dance and it's working. Do you get nothing on these
> stormy nights?

We had nothing to speak of up north. A bit of lightning that one night,
and the power went out for about 5 minutes on another.

Brian

Hahabogus

Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
4:

> We have the storm from hell here. A tree just fell. Cheesus.
>
> Michael

See things are starting to turn around for you...you weren't under it when
it fell!

--
Starchless in Manitoba.

holy..... Peter Lucas[_18_] General Cooking 12 28-10-2010 06:50 PM
Holy Cow! sf[_3_] General Cooking 62 19-11-2007 11:05 PM
Proofs of LORD Almighty GOD: Pastorio was convicted by the Holy Spirit on the eve of Halloween, stricken on the eve of Christmas, slain on April Fool's day, and now another convicted by the Holy Spirit projects his own homicidal thoughts. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD[_18_] General Cooking 73 29-05-2007 09:19 AM
God Is Holy [email protected] General Cooking 15 17-04-2006 07:10 AM