Aleks Kalezic

Default Nutella anywhere???

Hi!

I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
every night!!!
someone please respond!!!
Alex
Stace

"Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

Alex, it's widely available here in New England.
If you can't find it and want/need a few jars, please email me privately.

Stace (who would be happy with a jar and a spoon, at the moment)

Christine

You can find it here. I know for sure that Cardullo's in Harvard Square has
it. I'm pretty sure that Trader Joe's (various locations) carries it as
well.

Christine

"Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

Dave Smith

Aleks Kalezic wrote:

> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!

Nutella is available in most grocery stores here in southern Ontario.

Puester

Christine wrote:

> You can find it here. I know for sure that Cardullo's in Harvard Square has
> it. I'm pretty sure that Trader Joe's (various locations) carries it as
> well.
>
> Christine
>
> "Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Hi!
> >
> > I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> > spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> > it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> > it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> > every night!!!
> > someone please respond!!!
> > Alex

Cost Plus and Costco carry it, too, as well as most health food
stores and local supermarkets (in the peanut butter aisle.)

gloria p

Peggy Sullivan

Aleks Kalezic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

Is there a Wegman's in Bloomsburg? They ought to carry Nutella --
look with the peanut butter or with the 'international' foods.

Peggy in snowy NE Pa.

Rebus Knebus

I too got addicted to Nutella when I lived in Germany. It's great with
bananas. They now have it in all the grocery stores here in Chicago
(finally)!!
Before it was widely available here I found it in German specialty stores.
There are alot of Germans in Pennsylvania so hopefully you can find such
a store.
Good luck!
Roberta
P.S. There is no substitute!

"Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

Mateo

Nutella is a pretty standard supermarket item - what's difficult to find
is the Israeli chocolate spread that I got hooked on while I was over
there. It's cocoa and palm oil, that's it! I've seen it exactly once
in North America, just before Passover when a supermarket with a large
Kosher section must have just bought a case of random Israeli food to
sell.

Aleks Kalezic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

Not Available

Is Nutella fattening? I've been loooking for a new bread spread and
this sounds like it might be it.

I'm tired of Apple Butter, Peanut Butter and Butter (including all of
butter's cheap imitations), this Nutella might be it. But mind you, I'm
a Californian and I must maintain my GQ image in order to fit in with
the Jonses.

cristina

Rebus Knebus wrote:
> P.S. There is no substitute!

There is another brand of chocolate hazelnut spread called NOVI here in
Italy that is SOOOO much better. No added oils which is the one thing that
I don't like about Nutella, the added veg oils aftertaste is gross IMO. If
you ever happen to see NOVI, try it!

Cristina
--
Info on Moving to Italy and Driving in Italy
http://www.cristinasweb.com

Saerah

Aleks Kalezic wrote in message ...
>Hi!
>
>I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
>spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
>it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
>it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
>every night!!!
>someone please respond!!!
>Alex

ive seen it at nearly every large grocery store i've been to here in metro
detroit. next to the peanut butter. yum.

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

Saerah

Not Available wrote in message
Is Nutella fattening? I've been loooking for a new bread spread and
this sounds like it might be it.

I'm tired of Apple Butter, Peanut Butter and Butter (including all of
butter's cheap imitations), this Nutella might be it. But mind you, I'm
a Californian and I must maintain my GQ image in order to fit in with
the Jonses.

nutella is (IIRC), hazelnut paste, cocoa, sugar, and oil. not exactly
something you want to be eating if you're looking for something
non-fattening.

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

Nancree

>Nutella is available in most grocery stores here in southern Ontario.

The same in California. It's in every supermarket, in the peanut butter
section.

Dee Randall

"Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

As repeated by everyone here -- it is in all the grocery stores here in
Virginia. Our eating habits are not too much different than Pennsylvania.

An aside: I found at the Haag Hotel in Shartlesville, Pennsylvania, an
applebutter that is absolutely delicious (I don't recall the brand, but is
unlike any other applebutter I have ever bought in that it is thick and
nothing is added.

I picked up a jar of Nutella to show my husband in BJ's (VA) a couple of
weeks ago as he had never heard of it, and I believe I saw that it was made
with HYDROGENATED oil (a no-no for lots of persons, specifically me).

I just saw on Food Network last night that it is one of the favorite kid
treats, nutella on bread.

Here is a favorite spread of mine filled with oil, (but not hydrogenated)
but delicious.
You can buy both items in a mid-eastern sto
Mix
Tahini and Carob Molasses together and spread on bread -- yum!
They even make Date Molasses -- you could give that a try, too, with Tahini.
Now, one grocer said this to me regarding the tahini and carob molasses: Eat
it with a Majhool date -- now that's just a little too decadent for me!

Dee

Mia

"Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

We've eaten Nutella in our family for as long as I can remember. I didn't
even know it was a european thing until I went there. Just check the peanut
butter aisle in your supermarket. My mom used to make Nutella and Fluff
sandwiches for us on snow days.

M.

Nexis

"Not Available" > wrote in message
> Is Nutella fattening? I've been loooking for a new bread spread and
> this sounds like it might be it.
>
> I'm tired of Apple Butter, Peanut Butter and Butter (including all of
> butter's cheap imitations), this Nutella might be it. But mind you, I'm
> a Californian and I must maintain my GQ image in order to fit in with
> the Jonses.

ROFL. As a fellow Californian, I sympathize.
Nutella has 200 calories per 2 Tbsp serving. Same serving has 11 g fat (less
than butter), 2 g saturated fat, only 15 mg sodium (not bad), and 23 g
carbs.
It's made from hazelnuts, with cocoa added in for the chocolate. It's very
smooth, moreso than creamy peanut butter, and rich. A little goes a long
way!

kimberly

Charlene Charette

> We've eaten Nutella in our family for as long as I can remember. I didn't
> even know it was a european thing until I went there. Just check the peanut
> butter aisle in your supermarket. My mom used to make Nutella and Fluff
> sandwiches for us on snow days.

Have you tried Nutella & Fluff on graham crackers? Yum!

--Charlene

--
THE SHRIMP
A shirmp who sought his lady shrimp

--

email perronnelle at earthlink . net

Loki

il Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:26:13 -0800, "Nexis" ha scritto:

> ROFL. As a fellow Californian, I sympathize.
> Nutella has 200 calories per 2 Tbsp serving. Same serving has 11 g fat (less
> than butter), 2 g saturated fat, only 15 mg sodium (not bad), and 23 g
> carbs.
> It's made from hazelnuts, with cocoa added in for the chocolate. It's very
> smooth, moreso than creamy peanut butter, and rich. A little goes a long
> way!

Yes, If you're lucky a jar may last 2 days ... ;-)

I love it on bananas or apples, although it's a bit rich consumed on
its own. And it tastes heaps better than peanut butter. imho

--
Cheers,

Christopher Green

Puester > wrote in message >...
> Christine wrote:
> >
> > You can find it here. I know for sure that Cardullo's in Harvard Square has
> > it. I'm pretty sure that Trader Joe's (various locations) carries it as
> > well.
> >
> > Christine
> >
> > "Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> > > spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> > > it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> > > it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> > > every night!!!
> > > someone please respond!!!
> > > Alex

> Cost Plus and Costco carry it, too, as well as most health food
> stores and local supermarkets (in the peanut butter aisle.)
>
> gloria p

Cost Plus also has a private-label chocolate-hazelnut spread from
Belgium that is better than Nutella, according to my kids.

--
Chris Green
Tim Vanhoof

Not Available > wrote:

> Is Nutella fattening? I've been loooking for a new bread spread and
> this sounds like it might be it.

It's made of vegetable fat, sugar, chocolate and nuts. Course it's not
fattening ;-)
Doug Freyburger

Dave Smith wrote:
> Aleks Kalezic wrote:
>
> > I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> > spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> > it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> > it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> > every night!!!

> Nutella is available in most grocery stores here in southern Ontario.

I've seen it in groceries stores in several states. But it is stocked in
small quantities, at the top or bottom shelf, and it is placed in many
different places. I've seen it with the peanut butter, in the import
aisle, in the candy aisle, etc.

So look more thoroughly and ask for it.

Aleks Kalezic > wrote:
> Hi!

> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!

Is there any gourmet food stores in your area? They might have Nutella.

Christine > wrote:
> You can find it here. I know for sure that Cardullo's in Harvard Square has
> it. I'm pretty sure that Trader Joe's (various locations) carries it as
> well.

Hah! I am in Waltham right now to attend a seminar. Last night, I
visited Harvard Square after my seminar let out and I went into Cardullo's
and I am pretty sure I saw Nutella there. I was hoping they would have
British bottles of Heinz ketchup too, but that was not to be. When I
was there two years ago, Cardullo's did have a few bottles of British
Heinz ketchup so I was in heaven.

Arri London

Aleks Kalezic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

Our local Sam's and Costco sell it. Otherwise try to find a Cost Plus.
Some larger supermarkets carry it too.

There is absolutely no substitute LOL!
Ariane Jenkins

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:32:14 +1300, Daisy > wrote:

> Hello - I have the same experience with Vegemite! No American I have
> ever met can cope with Vegemite, but we Australasians love it!

Well, now you know of one. I had it on a trip to England,
along with Marmite at a B&B in Bath, where our English hosts and
Australian fellow guests were debating the merits of both--and we
Americans doing a taste-test! One of the Aussies told us, a slice of
toast, generously slathered with butter and a thin layer of Vegemite.
I liked it better than Marmite, but haven't gotten around to buying a
bottle for home use.

Ariane
Loki

il Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:32:14 +1300, Daisy ha scritto:

> Hello - I have the same experience with Vegemite! No American I have
> ever met can cope with Vegemite, but we Australasians love it!

On fresh soft white bread and thick slices of cool butter - yummmm
....:-)

--
Cheers,

Nancy Young

Ariane Jenkins wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:32:14 +1300, Daisy > wrote:
>
> > Hello - I have the same experience with Vegemite! No American I have
> > ever met can cope with Vegemite, but we Australasians love it!

> Well, now you know of one. I had it on a trip to England,
> along with Marmite at a B&B in Bath, where our English hosts and
> Australian fellow guests were debating the merits of both--and we
> Americans doing a taste-test! One of the Aussies told us, a slice of
> toast, generously slathered with butter and a thin layer of Vegemite.
> I liked it better than Marmite, but haven't gotten around to buying a
> bottle for home use.

Well, I hope the Australians didn't get all excited about you liking
Vegemite, we're talking about someone who adores swimming snakes.
For breakfast, even.

nancy
Richard Periut

Aleks Kalezic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

I don't know if someone already posted it, but here it goes:

http://www.nutellausa.com/

Rich

Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.

Lorin

I hate to be the one..............but, about these British bottles of Heinz
ketchup! Please?

Lorin > wrote:
> I hate to be the one..............but, about these British bottles of Heinz
> ketchup! Please?

I figured someone would ask. When I first visited Europe more than a
decade ago, an inspiration hit me. Collect bottles of Heinz ketchup from
different countries. So, ever since that time, I have been collecting
Heinz ketchup bottles. My collection also includes other Heinz product
containers. I almost always by the items from a store, or friends buy them
for me when they travel). I then use the food and wash the container and
place it in a glass curio cabinet.

My collection includes Heinz ketchup bottles from many countries, such as
Tailand, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, India, Japan, England, Israel,
Greece, Canada, Denmark, France, and Spain. A couple of kind people from
this newsgroup sent me Heinz ketchup bottles from when they were
traveling. That's how I got my bottle from Thailand.

I like the labels in the different languages. Even the bottles I bought
home from England have different labels than the bottles I buy at home in
the Philly area. The ketchup usually tastes the same, but there are some
differences. Canada and England seem to have a sweeter ketchup, probably
because they use sugar instead of corn syrup in their recipe. The bottle
of Heinz ketchup I got from Greece from when a friend spoke at a medical
convention there was inedible. It had some sort of spice in it that I
could not identify that I hated. I tried to get a friend of mine who's
Greek to read the label to see what was in that bottle, but the bottle
only said something like "herbs and spices," nothing specific.

I also collect limited runs of American Heinz ketchup bottles such as the
ones with the non-red colored ketchup in it. So that's why I always keep
my eye out for Heinz ketchup bottles.

Now, does it make sense?

Christine

It is available here in the states, especially in metropolitain areas. I've
seen it in a number of specialty stores. Of course, it would help if you
told us where you are trying to find it, because the US is a big place ;-)

"Aleks Kalezic" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi!
>
> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't find
> it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I can find
> it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream about it
> every night!!!
> someone please respond!!!
> Alex

lea b

Christine wrote:
> "Aleks Kalezic" <> wrote ...

>> Hi!
>>
>> I came from Europe and I got addicted to Nutella (famous chocolate
>> spread)! I used to eat it for breakfast every day and now I can't
>> find it here (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania). Does anyone know where I
>> can find it or what the best substitute for it is, because I dream
>> about it every night!!!
>> someone please respond!!!

> It is available here in the states, especially in metropolitain
> areas. I've seen it in a number of specialty stores. Of course, it
> would help if you told us where you are trying to find it, because
> the US is a big place ;-)

Um, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, as he stated above.

Personally, I think spreading chocolate/hazelnut spread on your toast or
bread is nasty, nasty, nasty !
Ugh! - but I am but a savoury gal, and enjoy the wonders of Vegemite, which
kills most Americans

--
something witty

Miche

In article >,
Daisy > wrote:

> Hello - I have the same experience with Vegemite! No American I have
> ever met can cope with Vegemite, but we Australasians love it!

I've met several US'ians who love Vegemite, and am a regular supplier to
a Canadian friend who's righteously hooked on it.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

lea b

Miche wrote:
> Daisy > wrote:
>
>> Hello - I have the same experience with Vegemite! No American I
>> have ever met can cope with Vegemite, but we Australasians love it!

> I've met several US'ians who love Vegemite, and am a regular supplier
> to a Canadian friend who's righteously hooked on it.

I just had it on soy&linseed toast for brekky - mine fave. mmm.

--
something witty

Nutella ....again Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 16 23-05-2012 04:36 AM
Nutella jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 93 30-08-2009 02:34 AM
Nutella again Jordan Talbot General Cooking 0 27-08-2009 03:31 PM
Refrigerating Nutella? The Bubbo General Cooking 0 11-09-2006 04:20 AM
Nutella Abaldwin + General Cooking 40 18-02-2006 06:38 PM