OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default REC: Chinese Wop (Low carb "spagetti")

Ok, so it's a racist title, but I was LMAO when my SO called this that
this morning! Rather than Chinese Wok...... Sorry!

Low carb spagetti. The trick is to substitute for the pasta. It's a bit
crunchy but it works!

2 lbs. italian or your favorite sausage
2 onions

Dice onions and sausage and fry in EVOO in a skillet until the onions
beging to clear.

Add either 1 can of button mushrooms or 1 lb. of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 8 oz. can of bean sprouts or an equivalent amount of fresh bean sprouts
1 large can of shredded bamboo shoots, the ones that look like noodles

Stir until hot and mushrooms (if using fresh) are cooked, then add 1
quart of marinara sauce.

Cover and cook on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Add any other spices as desired at the first step.

Enjoy!

Om.
--
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only
enough blood to run one at a time." -Robin Williams
sandy

This sounds good,,,,,,I will try it,,,,,,,I miss spaghetti.
Thanks
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> Ok, so it's a racist title, but I was LMAO when my SO called this that
> this morning! Rather than Chinese Wok...... Sorry!
>
> Low carb spagetti. The trick is to substitute for the pasta. It's a bit
> crunchy but it works!
>
> 2 lbs. italian or your favorite sausage
> 2 onions
>
> Dice onions and sausage and fry in EVOO in a skillet until the onions
> beging to clear.
>
> Add either 1 can of button mushrooms or 1 lb. of fresh sliced mushrooms
> 1 8 oz. can of bean sprouts or an equivalent amount of fresh bean sprouts
> 1 large can of shredded bamboo shoots, the ones that look like noodles
>
> Stir until hot and mushrooms (if using fresh) are cooked, then add 1
> quart of marinara sauce.
>
> Cover and cook on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
>
> Add any other spices as desired at the first step.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Om.
> --
> "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only
> enough blood to run one at a time." -Robin Williams

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> Ok, so it's a racist title, but I was LMAO when my SO called this that
> this morning! Rather than Chinese Wok...... Sorry!
>
> Low carb spagetti. The trick is to substitute for the pasta. It's a bit
> crunchy but it works!
>
> 2 lbs. italian or your favorite sausage
> 2 onions
>
> Dice onions and sausage and fry in EVOO in a skillet until the onions
> beging to clear.
>
> Add either 1 can of button mushrooms or 1 lb. of fresh sliced mushrooms
> 1 8 oz. can of bean sprouts or an equivalent amount of fresh bean sprouts
> 1 large can of shredded bamboo shoots, the ones that look like noodles
>
> Stir until hot and mushrooms (if using fresh) are cooked, then add 1
> quart of marinara sauce.
>
> Cover and cook on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
>
> Add any other spices as desired at the first step.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Om.

You forgot the can of Durkee french-fried onions. I think I'll pass on
this one.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"sandy" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > Ok, so it's a racist title, but I was LMAO when my SO called this that
> > this morning! Rather than Chinese Wok...... Sorry!
> >
> > Low carb spagetti. The trick is to substitute for the pasta. It's a bit
> > crunchy but it works!
> >
> > 2 lbs. italian or your favorite sausage
> > 2 onions
> >
> > Dice onions and sausage and fry in EVOO in a skillet until the onions
> > beging to clear.
> >
> > Add either 1 can of button mushrooms or 1 lb. of fresh sliced mushrooms
> > 1 8 oz. can of bean sprouts or an equivalent amount of fresh bean sprouts
> > 1 large can of shredded bamboo shoots, the ones that look like noodles
> >
> > Stir until hot and mushrooms (if using fresh) are cooked, then add 1
> > quart of marinara sauce.
> >
> > Cover and cook on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
> >
> > Add any other spices as desired at the first step.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > Om.

> This sounds good,,,,,,I will try it,,,,,,,I miss spaghetti.
> Thanks

I understand. ;-) Low carbing is great, but there are REALLY some things
that I miss! I've got to come up with something for mac and cheese...

Lemee know how you like it if you get a chance!

Have you tried the cauliflower substitute yet for mashed potatoes?
I got that off the low carb list and it's fantastic! Just treat the
cauliflower exactly as you do potatoes, steam and mash and add butter
and shredded cheese.

Om
--
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only
enough blood to run one at a time." -Robin Williams
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article
Cindy Fuller > wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > Ok, so it's a racist title, but I was LMAO when my SO called this that
> > this morning! Rather than Chinese Wok...... Sorry!
> >
> > Low carb spagetti. The trick is to substitute for the pasta. It's a bit
> > crunchy but it works!
> >
> > 2 lbs. italian or your favorite sausage
> > 2 onions
> >
> > Dice onions and sausage and fry in EVOO in a skillet until the onions
> > beging to clear.
> >
> > Add either 1 can of button mushrooms or 1 lb. of fresh sliced mushrooms
> > 1 8 oz. can of bean sprouts or an equivalent amount of fresh bean sprouts
> > 1 large can of shredded bamboo shoots, the ones that look like noodles
> >
> > Stir until hot and mushrooms (if using fresh) are cooked, then add 1
> > quart of marinara sauce.
> >
> > Cover and cook on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
> >
> > Add any other spices as desired at the first step.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > Om.

> You forgot the can of Durkee french-fried onions. I think I'll pass on
> this one.

EW!!! <lol>
Substituting shredded bamboo shoots for the pasta is the trick. ;-)
Visually, they look like noodles and for those that like pasta el dente,
(still chewy) there is not much difference in texture.

You can leave out the bean sprouts...

But thanks for the input!

Om.

--
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only
enough blood to run one at a time." -Robin Williams

spagetti [email protected] General Cooking 16 07-12-2007 07:52 PM
cooking spagetti Jim General Cooking 102 10-03-2006 04:52 PM
Spagetti Bolognaise Freddy General Cooking 4 21-07-2004 08:46 PM