Powdered Sugar Box

Old 20-01-2004, 02:59 AM
x-archive:no
Usenet poster

Default Powdered Sugar Box

How many cups or ounces are in a box of powdered sugar? I guessed 16
oz, but I was probably wrong since my frosting was very runny.
Old 20-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Julia Altshuler
Usenet poster

x-archive:no wrote:
How many cups or ounces are in a box of powdered sugar? I guessed 16
oz, but I was probably wrong since my frosting was very runny.

How big is the box?

One way to tell is to look at the fine print on the front.

--Lia

Old 20-01-2004, 03:15 AM
Wayne Boatwright
Usenet poster

"x-archive:no" wrote in
:

How many cups or ounces are in a box of powdered sugar? I guessed 16
oz, but I was probably wrong since my frosting was very runny.

Boxes of powdered sugar typically contain 16 ounces (1 pound weight). Bags
vary by size, but are usually in increments of a pound. I usually buy a 2
pound bag (32 ounces).

Wayne
Old 20-01-2004, 05:42 AM
DJS0302
Usenet poster

How many cups or ounces are in a box of powdered sugar? I guessed 16
oz, but I was probably wrong since my frosting was very runny.

If the package doesn't tell you directly you can always look at the nutritional
label and multiply the serving size times the number of servings in the whole
package.
Old 20-01-2004, 05:46 AM
DRB
Usenet poster

"x-archive:no" wrote in message
How many cups or ounces are in a box of powdered sugar? I guessed 16
oz, but I was probably wrong since my frosting was very runny.

What were the other ingredients in the frosting? Butter maybe? From
experience, if you get butter more liqued than softened, you end up with
runny frosting. IMO, this has more of an impact than the amount of powdered
sugar.

Old 21-01-2004, 12:20 AM
paula
Usenet poster

how about using weighing scales???
Old 25-01-2004, 02:13 AM
x-archive:no
Usenet poster

I was using a recipe that called for a box of powdered sugar and the
recipe didn't have the equivalent in ounces or cups. I had a used 32
ounce bag, no scale and too lazy to go the grocery store since it was
late at night. Since there are 8 ounces in a cup, I thought I'd try 16
ounces by volume. I know 16 ounces by volume is not the same as 16
ounces by weight, so I was wondering if 1). how many cups\ounces were
in a box.

Old 25-01-2004, 02:54 AM
DRB
Usenet poster

"x-archive:no" wrote in message
I was using a recipe that called for a box of powdered sugar and the
recipe didn't have the equivalent in ounces or cups. I had a used 32
ounce bag, no scale and too lazy to go the grocery store since it was
late at night. Since there are 8 ounces in a cup, I thought I'd try 16
ounces by volume. I know 16 ounces by volume is not the same as 16
ounces by weight, so I was wondering if 1). how many cups\ounces were
in a box.

According to issue number 6 of Everyday Food, a 1 lb. box of powdered sugar
is equal to 3 and 2/3's cups. If you used two cups, you were off by 1 2/3's
cups...

Powdered Sugar Needs Michael Bohl Baking 5 05-01-2004 07:00 PM
powdered sugar Conny Baking 12 01-01-2004 12:31 PM
Nanaimo Bars :-{] LIMEYNO1 Baking 1 20-12-2003 07:48 AM
ISO: Nanaimo Bars focksfire General Cooking 2 20-12-2003 07:48 AM
Figs, figs, figs Frogleg General Cooking 5 14-11-2003 12:52 PM