nut

Default can you eat carp, that uglyass fish?

i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.

carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.

can you eat that carp or crap?

how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?
Musashi

"nut" > wrote in message =
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.=20
>=20
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing. =

>=20
> can you eat that carp or crap? =20
>=20
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the =
purpose of eating.
In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are =
sal****er so
you won't see it too often.
In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. They =
fry up
the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked =
carp with paprika.
Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite =
Fish".
Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up to =
me and asked
me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where he =
was from as he
had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes =
carry
"sable". This is smoked carp.
Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a =
couple of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. =
Others,especially Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript =
"fish".
I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.

Musashi

"nut" > wrote in message =
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.=20
>=20
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing. =

>=20
> can you eat that carp or crap? =20
>=20
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the =
purpose of eating.
In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are =
sal****er so
you won't see it too often.
In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. They =
fry up
the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked =
carp with paprika.
Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite =
Fish".
Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up to =
me and asked
me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where he =
was from as he
had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes =
carry
"sable". This is smoked carp.
Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a =
couple of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. =
Others,especially Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript =
"fish".
I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.

PeterL

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?

Yes but there are much better options.

> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

PeterL

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?

Yes but there are much better options.

> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the
purpose of eating.
In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are sal****er so
you won't see it too often.
In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. They fry
up
the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked carp
with paprika.
Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite Fish".
Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up to me
and asked
me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where he was
from as he
had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes carry
"sable". This is smoked carp.
Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a couple
of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. Others,especially
Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript "fish".
I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.

Try Funazushi of Oumi once. It's often an awful food for many Japanese, but
the funny thing is, many Europeans seem to like it because they are used to
the smell of cheese.

anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the
purpose of eating.
In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are sal****er so
you won't see it too often.
In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. They fry
up
the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked carp
with paprika.
Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite Fish".
Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up to me
and asked
me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where he was
from as he
had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes carry
"sable". This is smoked carp.
Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a couple
of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. Others,especially
Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript "fish".
I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.

Try Funazushi of Oumi once. It's often an awful food for many Japanese, but
the funny thing is, many Europeans seem to like it because they are used to
the smell of cheese.

anko eater

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.

anko eater

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.

Musashi

"anko eater" > wrote in message =
>=20
> "Musashi" > wrote in message
> om...
>=20
> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that =

appetizing.

> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

>=20
> Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the
> purpose of eating.
> In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are =

sal****er so
> you won't see it too often.
> In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. =

They fry
> up
> the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
> Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked =

carp
> with paprika.
> Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
> food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite =

Fish".
> Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up =

to me
> and asked
> me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where =

he was
> from as he
> had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
> Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes =

carry
> "sable". This is smoked carp.
> Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a =

couple
> of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. Others,especially
> Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
> they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
> I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript =

"fish".
> I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
> If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.
>=20
> Try Funazushi of Oumi once. It's often an awful food for many =

Japanese, but
> the funny thing is, many Europeans seem to like it because they are =

used to
> the smell of cheese.
>=20

Funazushi is famous for it's stinkiness. But funa (=1B$BJ+!K=1B(Bis =
Crucian Carp
while the poster I am sure is talking about Regular Carp =
(=1B$B8q!K!#=1B(B

Musashi

"anko eater" > wrote in message =
>=20
> "Musashi" > wrote in message
> om...
>=20
> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that =

appetizing.

> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

>=20
> Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the
> purpose of eating.
> In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are =

sal****er so
> you won't see it too often.
> In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. =

They fry
> up
> the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
> Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked =

carp
> with paprika.
> Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
> food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite =

Fish".
> Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up =

to me
> and asked
> me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where =

he was
> from as he
> had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
> Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes =

carry
> "sable". This is smoked carp.
> Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a =

couple
> of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. Others,especially
> Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
> they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
> I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript =

"fish".
> I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
> If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.
>=20
> Try Funazushi of Oumi once. It's often an awful food for many =

Japanese, but
> the funny thing is, many Europeans seem to like it because they are =

used to
> the smell of cheese.
>=20

Funazushi is famous for it's stinkiness. But funa (=1B$BJ+!K=1B(Bis =
Crucian Carp
while the poster I am sure is talking about Regular Carp =
(=1B$B8q!K!#=1B(B

Musashi

"anko eater" > wrote in message =
>=20
> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that =

appetizing.

> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

>=20
> I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.
>=20

You might be eating mackerel imported from Norway, and
salmon imported from Canada.

Dave Smith

nut wrote:

> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Carp is very popular in some cultures. Apparently you have to take
great care to bone it.

Dave Smith

nut wrote:

> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Carp is very popular in some cultures. Apparently you have to take
great care to bone it.

Jack Schidt®

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
>i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Not my favorite, but it's ok smoked and served with horseradish whipped
cream. I've heard that described as North German bar fare. Enough beer and
it will taste wunderbar!

Jack Lager

Jack Schidt®

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
>i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Not my favorite, but it's ok smoked and served with horseradish whipped
cream. I've heard that described as North German bar fare. Enough beer and
it will taste wunderbar!

Jack Lager

PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>Carp is very popular in some cultures. Apparently you have to take
>great care to bone it.

Carp is easy to de-bone, fillet while still whole, *before" cooking.

Smoked carp is a great delicacy.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>Carp is very popular in some cultures. Apparently you have to take
>great care to bone it.

Carp is easy to de-bone, fillet while still whole, *before" cooking.

Smoked carp is a great delicacy.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Nuki Mouse

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any
carp.

Farm raised fresh carp is supposed to be good, but wild carp supposedly has
a weird after taste but I've never tried either one. However, I've had
smoked carp before and while it was not bad, it was nothing spectacular.
I would never _not_ try a new food just because the animal or plant it came
from was "Ugly."

Nuki Mouse
--
"This is just my opinion, I maybe wrong" D. Miller
"Defend free speech! Read a banned book today!" unknown.

Nuki Mouse

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any
carp.

Farm raised fresh carp is supposed to be good, but wild carp supposedly has
a weird after taste but I've never tried either one. However, I've had
smoked carp before and while it was not bad, it was nothing spectacular.
I would never _not_ try a new food just because the animal or plant it came
from was "Ugly."

Nuki Mouse
--
"This is just my opinion, I maybe wrong" D. Miller
"Defend free speech! Read a banned book today!" unknown.
"I may not like what you say, but I will defend your right to say it with
my Life" Voltaire

PENMART01

"Nuki Mouse" writes:

>"nut" wrote:
>> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>>
>> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>>
>> can you eat that carp or crap?
>>
>> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

>Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
>Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
>Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any
>carp.

If you'd have seen that idiot's six fingered ugli momma you'd kniow why he
didn't take to breast feeding.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

"Nuki Mouse" writes:

>"nut" wrote:
>> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>>
>> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>>
>> can you eat that carp or crap?
>>
>> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

>Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
>Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
>Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any
>carp.

If you'd have seen that idiot's six fingered ugli momma you'd kniow why he
didn't take to breast feeding.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"anko eater" > wrote in message

> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
> >
> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

> I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.

You might be eating mackerel imported from Norway, and
salmon imported from Canada.

anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"anko eater" > wrote in message

> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
> >
> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

> I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.

You might be eating mackerel imported from Norway, and
salmon imported from Canada.

anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"anko eater" > wrote in message

> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
> >
> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

> I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.
>

>You might be eating mackerel imported from Norway, and

I know many of them sold in Japan are from Norway nowadays but it doesn't
matter to me.

>salmon imported from Canada.

At least it helps the economy of the abused native Americans in Vancouver,
BC.
AFAIK, the native Americans gained some right to fish those salmons from the
White colonialists like Vernon North.

anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"anko eater" > wrote in message

> "nut" > wrote in message
> m...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
> >
> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

> I don't eat carp. I like broiled mackerel and salmon sashimi best.
>

>You might be eating mackerel imported from Norway, and

I know many of them sold in Japan are from Norway nowadays but it doesn't
matter to me.

>salmon imported from Canada.

At least it helps the economy of the abused native Americans in Vancouver,
BC.
AFAIK, the native Americans gained some right to fish those salmons from the
White colonialists like Vernon North.

Dave Smith

Nuki Mouse wrote:

> Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
> Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
> Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any carp.

I don't know about a catfish being uglier than a carp, but have a look at a
monkfish sometime. Now that is a disgusting looking fish, but it tastes great.
A lot of people are turned off by eels, but they are very tasty. Good smoked
eel is a real treat.

Dave Smith

Nuki Mouse wrote:

> Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
> Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
> Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any carp.

I don't know about a catfish being uglier than a carp, but have a look at a
monkfish sometime. Now that is a disgusting looking fish, but it tastes great.
A lot of people are turned off by eels, but they are very tasty. Good smoked
eel is a real treat.

PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>
>Nuki Mouse wrote:
>
>> Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
>> Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
>> Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any

>carp.
>
>I don't know about a catfish being uglier than a carp, but have a look at a
>monkfish sometime. Now that is a disgusting looking fish, but it tastes
>great.
>A lot of people are turned off by eels, but they are very tasty. Good smoked
>eel is a real treat.

I've met a lotta ugli people. I'd much rather eat smoked fish than some of the
idiot uglis I've met smoked.... I mean like some people are so friggin' ugli
they'd make an eel puke. Like some folks will pay thousands of dollars for
sturgeon roe, and no fish is uglier. Yet sturgeon is the best eating there is.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>
>Nuki Mouse wrote:
>
>> Since when does Ugly = Un-eatable or bad tasting?
>> Is a catfish not even more ugly (IMO)
>> Ever seen a grouper? It is a very tasty fish and is FAR uglier than any

>carp.
>
>I don't know about a catfish being uglier than a carp, but have a look at a
>monkfish sometime. Now that is a disgusting looking fish, but it tastes
>great.
>A lot of people are turned off by eels, but they are very tasty. Good smoked
>eel is a real treat.

I've met a lotta ugli people. I'd much rather eat smoked fish than some of the
idiot uglis I've met smoked.... I mean like some people are so friggin' ugli
they'd make an eel puke. Like some folks will pay thousands of dollars for
sturgeon roe, and no fish is uglier. Yet sturgeon is the best eating there is.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
WardNA

>carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.

No uglier than catfish, and I sure don't have a problem with THAT!
Richard Periut

WardNA wrote:
>>carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>>

> No uglier than catfish, and I sure don't have a problem with THAT!

If one has to give a prize for ugly fish, it has got to be the monkfish
(poor man's lobster.) : )

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries.../monkfish.html

Enjoy,

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ·´¯`·. , .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Let there be fish!!!

Java Guy

Koi which is a special type of carp is very expensive to eat.
A nice 1-foot koi can cost thousands of dollars.

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
>i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

WardNA

>If one has to give a prize for ugly fish, it has got to be the monkfish
>(poor man's lobster.) : )

Not so much ugly as fearsome. I must admit, however, even in Spain the
fishmongers are reluctant to display it without fileting it first.

Neil
EL CHINO BOATMEN'S CONSCIENCE

You should avoid the huge size carp abd select one betweeb 500g to 1.5
kg. The one caught in river are better than that raised in muddy
ponds because they don't stink or stink less.

In Vietnam carps are cooked three ways.
1)Ca' Che'p Chie^n ro`n Deep fried with whole fish including the head
with scales on and eaten when crispy with a lot of lettuces, coriander
leaves, mint leaves and fresh lemon. Excellent tast but be careful
about the tiny bones.

2)Ca' Che'p Kho Rie^`ng=Cook in the clay pots. Fish has to be
carefully scaled.then cut into 1.5 inch thick slices in bean paste
mixed with fish sauce preferably Phu Quoc with Galanga, ginger and
whole black pepper added. Sopme people like to add sme sugar. I
don't !-be careful of the tiny bones

3)Canh Chua Ca' Che'p: A vietnamese version of Thai Tom Yum. sour
fish/shrimp soup. Carp must be scaled and cut in slices as in #2. A
fish stock should be made by boiling the carp head in chicken broth
containing lemon juice or japanese rice vinegar, star fruit , DO NOT
USE TAMARIND FRUIT because it makes the soup turbid and un-appealing
garlic, red pepper slices and in moderate amount i.e., 10% of what the
Thai used.. sliced tomatos,the carp slices cleaned of scales should be
placed in boiling stock until the flesh is flaky and can be teased out
with chopsticks or a fork. Try flaking with the largest slice. When
it is done the other slices are done to. Cut off heat. Serve in big
bowl decorated with red carp fish at the bottom (inside view)and on
the side of bowl. Use fresh banana flower cut in thin slices as
salad. In us use the best crispy roman salad in addition to coriander
leaves , shallots.

It taste like trout but stronger tast which pleased with unprejudiced
practice

Bon Appetit!, Buno Appetito, A(n NGon !

(nut) wrote in message om>...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

ngocchung

I believe Mr Elchino tries only the flavor of the wood fish in North VN
and never tasted the Ca' Che'p sour soup as he has imagined hehehe./.

"EL CHINO BOATMEN'S CONSCIENCE" > wrote in message
m...
> You should avoid the huge size carp abd select one betweeb 500g to 1.5
> kg. The one caught in river are better than that raised in muddy
> ponds because they don't stink or stink less.
>
> In Vietnam carps are cooked three ways.
> 1)Ca' Che'p Chie^n ro`n Deep fried with whole fish including the head
> with scales on and eaten when crispy with a lot of lettuces, coriander
> leaves, mint leaves and fresh lemon. Excellent tast but be careful
> about the tiny bones.
>
> 2)Ca' Che'p Kho Rie^`ng=Cook in the clay pots. Fish has to be
> carefully scaled.then cut into 1.5 inch thick slices in bean paste
> mixed with fish sauce preferably Phu Quoc with Galanga, ginger and
> whole black pepper added. Sopme people like to add sme sugar. I
> don't !-be careful of the tiny bones
>
> 3)Canh Chua Ca' Che'p: A vietnamese version of Thai Tom Yum. sour
> fish/shrimp soup. Carp must be scaled and cut in slices as in #2. A
> fish stock should be made by boiling the carp head in chicken broth
> containing lemon juice or japanese rice vinegar, star fruit , DO NOT
> USE TAMARIND FRUIT because it makes the soup turbid and un-appealing
> garlic, red pepper slices and in moderate amount i.e., 10% of what the
> Thai used.. sliced tomatos,the carp slices cleaned of scales should be
> placed in boiling stock until the flesh is flaky and can be teased out
> with chopsticks or a fork. Try flaking with the largest slice. When
> it is done the other slices are done to. Cut off heat. Serve in big
> bowl decorated with red carp fish at the bottom (inside view)and on
> the side of bowl. Use fresh banana flower cut in thin slices as
> salad. In us use the best crispy roman salad in addition to coriander
> leaves , shallots.
>
> It taste like trout but stronger tast which pleased with unprejudiced
> practice
>
> Bon Appetit!, Buno Appetito, A(n NGon !
>
> (nut) wrote in message

om>...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
> >
> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Vietnamese will eat anything...
including dogs.

Om

In article > ,

(nut) wrote in message
> om>...
> > i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
> >
> > carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
> >
> > can you eat that carp or crap?
> >
> > how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

--
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only
enough blood to run one at a time." -Robin Williams