Nancy Young

Default Stuffed Green Peppers

Dog3 wrote:

> I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots of
> spices.

Do you add rice? What kind?

nancy
Nancy Young

Dog3 wrote:

> I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots of
> spices.

Do you add rice? What kind?

nancy
Steve Calvin

Dog3 wrote:

> Nancy Young > :
>

>>Dog3 wrote:
>>
>>>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele.
>>>Lots of spices.

>>Do you add rice? What kind?
>>
>>nancy
>>

> Plain old white rice. Twas good.
>
> Michael

Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
while... hmmmmm...

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Steve Calvin

Dog3 wrote:

> Nancy Young > :
>

>>Dog3 wrote:
>>
>>>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele.
>>>Lots of spices.

>>Do you add rice? What kind?
>>
>>nancy
>>

> Plain old white rice. Twas good.
>
> Michael

Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
while... hmmmmm...

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Steve Calvin

Dog3 wrote:

> Nancy Young > :
>

>>Dog3 wrote:
>>
>>>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele.
>>>Lots of spices.

>>Do you add rice? What kind?
>>
>>nancy
>>

> Plain old white rice. Twas good.
>
> Michael

Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
while... hmmmmm...

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

limey

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
> Dog3 wrote:
>
> > Nancy Young > >

> >>Do you add rice? What kind?
> >>
> >>nancy
> >>

> > Plain old white rice. Twas good.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
> so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
> her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
> while... hmmmmm...
>
> Steve

I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.

Dora

limey

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
> Dog3 wrote:
>
> > Nancy Young > >

> >>Do you add rice? What kind?
> >>
> >>nancy
> >>

> > Plain old white rice. Twas good.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
> so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
> her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
> while... hmmmmm...
>
> Steve

I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.

Dora

limey

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
> Dog3 wrote:
>
> > Nancy Young > >

> >>Do you add rice? What kind?
> >>
> >>nancy
> >>

> > Plain old white rice. Twas good.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
> so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
> her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
> while... hmmmmm...
>
> Steve

I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.

Dora

divine_austerlitz

In message > , Dog3
> writes
>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots of
>spices.
>
>Michael

What a coincidence! I just made these for my husband for the first time
recently. I have had them before, but he wasn't certain he would like
the peppers. I stuffed them with Spanish rice with mince in it. Served
it with a grape and lettuce salad, carottes vichy, and for dessert, his
great favourite, pineapple delicious pudding. He loved the pepers and
wants them again.

Do you blanch the peppers before stuffing them? I do, but I have heard
that it doesn't make all that much difference, as they soften in the
oven anyway.

--
Céline

'The Director of Operational Requirements wrote "... it is clear that no
modification will make this bomb entirely satisfactory." Unfortunately,
by then some 660,000 bombs had been manufactured.'
- Bombs gone: the development and use of British air-dropped weapons
from 1912 to the present day by Wing Commander John A MacBean and Major
Arthur S Hogben
divine_austerlitz

In message > , Dog3
> writes
>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots of
>spices.
>
>Michael

What a coincidence! I just made these for my husband for the first time
recently. I have had them before, but he wasn't certain he would like
the peppers. I stuffed them with Spanish rice with mince in it. Served
it with a grape and lettuce salad, carottes vichy, and for dessert, his
great favourite, pineapple delicious pudding. He loved the pepers and
wants them again.

Do you blanch the peppers before stuffing them? I do, but I have heard
that it doesn't make all that much difference, as they soften in the
oven anyway.

--
Céline

'The Director of Operational Requirements wrote "... it is clear that no
modification will make this bomb entirely satisfactory." Unfortunately,
by then some 660,000 bombs had been manufactured.'
- Bombs gone: the development and use of British air-dropped weapons
from 1912 to the present day by Wing Commander John A MacBean and Major
Arthur S Hogben

Nancy Young

Dog3 wrote:

> Nancy Young > :
>
> > Dog3 wrote:
> >>
> >> I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele.
> >> Lots of spices.

> > Do you add rice? What kind?

> Plain old white rice. Twas good.

For some odd reason, when I tried my recipe for stuffed peppers that
calls for brown rice, I tried white rice and I really didn't like it.

Anyway, I'd found this recipe that doesn't use all that much rice,
I don't like when it's mostly rice in the stuffing, just some. I'm
getting a jones for stuffed peppers, I can tell you.

nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)
Peter Aitken

"limey" > wrote in message

> "Steve Calvin" wrote in message
> > Dog3 wrote:
> >
> > > Nancy Young > >

> > > Plain old white rice. Twas good.
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >

> > Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
> > so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
> > her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
> > while... hmmmmm...
> >
> > Steve

> I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.

Try the sweet red/yellow bells instead of green - a better match for some
fillings IMO.

--
Peter Aitken

Steve Calvin

Peter Aitken wrote:
<snip>
> Try the sweet red/yellow bells instead of green - a better match for some
> fillings IMO.

Absolutely. I personally like the red ones the best. That's gonna be
my dinner tomorrow night. Stuffed red peppers. Now I've just gotta
figure out what I make for Nanc.

--
Steve (jonesin' too ;-) )

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Peter Aitken wrote:
<snip>
> Try the sweet red/yellow bells instead of green - a better match for some
> fillings IMO.

Absolutely. I personally like the red ones the best. That's gonna be
my dinner tomorrow night. Stuffed red peppers. Now I've just gotta
figure out what I make for Nanc.

--
Steve (jonesin' too ;-) )

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Peter Aitken wrote:
<snip>
> Try the sweet red/yellow bells instead of green - a better match for some
> fillings IMO.

Absolutely. I personally like the red ones the best. That's gonna be
my dinner tomorrow night. Stuffed red peppers. Now I've just gotta
figure out what I make for Nanc.

--
Steve (jonesin' too ;-) )

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

raymond wrote:

<snip>

>>Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
>>so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
>>her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
>>while... hmmmmm...

> What doesn't she like about them?

I don't know. I can't figure it out and all she says is that she
doesn't like 'em. She loves everything that they're made of, just not
all together for some reason. I gave up trying to figure women out a
long time ago. <shrug>

--
Steve (duckin' and runnin')

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

raymond wrote:

<snip>

>>Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
>>so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
>>her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
>>while... hmmmmm...

> What doesn't she like about them?

I don't know. I can't figure it out and all she says is that she
doesn't like 'em. She loves everything that they're made of, just not
all together for some reason. I gave up trying to figure women out a
long time ago. <shrug>

--
Steve (duckin' and runnin')

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

raymond wrote:

<snip>

>>Yeah, I just can't convince my "better half" that these are good eatin'
>>so I either wait 'till she's out of town at some craft thingie or make
>>her something else. Speaking of which, I haven't had those for quite a
>>while... hmmmmm...

> What doesn't she like about them?

I don't know. I can't figure it out and all she says is that she
doesn't like 'em. She loves everything that they're made of, just not
all together for some reason. I gave up trying to figure women out a
long time ago. <shrug>

--
Steve (duckin' and runnin')

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

J.J. in WA

One time on Usenet, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> said:
> Nancy Young > :
> > Dog3 wrote:

> >> I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele.
> >> Lots of spices.

> > Do you add rice? What kind?

> Plain old white rice. Twas good.

For some reason, I've never liked rice in my stuffed peppers. My
mom's recipe is more like meatloaf in a pepper, but I love 'em.
I should make these this weekend:

Stuffed Green Peppers

4 large green peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 C. bread crumbs
¼ C. pickle relish
1 egg, beaten
½ C. onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Ketchup

Cut slice from each pepper to form a cup. Clean, cook in boiling
salted water for five minutes. Drain. Combine next 7 ingredients,
mixing well with a fork. Fill peppers with this mixture. Place in
greased baking dish. Bake at 350º F. for 30 minutes. Remove and
top with ketchup, return to oven for 15 minutes. Serves 4.

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
limey

"Dog3" wrote in message

> "limey" wrote:> >
> >
> > I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.
> >
> > Dora

> Whaddya' do for sauce?
>
> Michael

No sauce, no rice - essentially a crabcake recipe (including a little bread,
mayo). Made it up as I went along.

Dora

limey

"Dog3" wrote in message

> "limey" wrote:> >
> >
> > I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.
> >
> > Dora

> Whaddya' do for sauce?
>
> Michael

No sauce, no rice - essentially a crabcake recipe (including a little bread,
mayo). Made it up as I went along.

Dora

limey

"Dog3" wrote in message

> "limey" wrote:> >
> >
> > I've used crabmeat in place of meat, too. That's good.
> >
> > Dora

> Whaddya' do for sauce?
>
> Michael

No sauce, no rice - essentially a crabcake recipe (including a little bread,
mayo). Made it up as I went along.

Dora

Michael Odom

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:39:27 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
wrote:

>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots of
>spices.
>
>Michael

Cool. Would you be interested in experimenting with poblano chiles
instead of bell peppers? Make yourself a St Louis style chile
relleno.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

wrote:

>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots of
>spices.
>
>Michael

Cool. Would you be interested in experimenting with poblano chiles
instead of bell peppers? Make yourself a St Louis style chile
relleno.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
SandraBinNEB

I always add some shredded cheese in mine too, and I use a jar of pasta sauce
over the top. I don't like the skins so I usually roast them enough to get the
skins off first before I stuff them

Sandra

Levelwave©

Nancy Young wrote:

> nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

Just about all Stouffer's products I've tried have been good... weird, huh?

~john
Levelwave©

Nancy Young wrote:

> nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

Just about all Stouffer's products I've tried have been good... weird, huh?

~john
J.J. in WA

One time on Usenet, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Levelwave=A9?= > said:
> Nancy Young wrote:

> > nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

So does Mike (Husband). He likes to take them for work lunches.

> Just about all Stouffer's products I've tried have been good... weird, huh?

I like their stuff too -- they seem to be of higher quality than
many frozen food...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
J.J. in WA

One time on Usenet, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Levelwave=A9?= > said:
> Nancy Young wrote:

> > nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

So does Mike (Husband). He likes to take them for work lunches.

> Just about all Stouffer's products I've tried have been good... weird, huh?

I like their stuff too -- they seem to be of higher quality than
many frozen food...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
J.J. in WA

One time on Usenet, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Levelwave=A9?= > said:
> Nancy Young wrote:

> > nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

So does Mike (Husband). He likes to take them for work lunches.

> Just about all Stouffer's products I've tried have been good... weird, huh?

I like their stuff too -- they seem to be of higher quality than
many frozen food...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)

PENMART01

>Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

Stuff peppers with pork fly lice, bake in sweet n' sour sauce with more green
peppers and pineapple chunks.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> nancy (don't tell anyone, I like Stouffers, too)

Stuff peppers with pork fly lice, bake in sweet n' sour sauce with more green
peppers and pineapple chunks.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Kevintsheehy

divine_austerlitz wrote (9/22/2004)

<snip>

>Do you blanch the peppers before stuffing them? I do, but
>I have heard that it doesn't make all that much difference, as
>they soften in the oven anyway.

I don't blanch. They turn out fine.

Jack Schidt®

"divine_austerlitz" > wrote in message
> In message > , Dog3
> > writes
>>I've been expereminting. Tomato sauce, Eyetalian sausage, Provele. Lots
>>of
>>spices.
>>
>>Michael
>>

> What a coincidence! I just made these for my husband for the first time
> recently. I have had them before, but he wasn't certain he would like
> the peppers. I stuffed them with Spanish rice with mince in it. Served
> it with a grape and lettuce salad, carottes vichy, and for dessert, his
> great favourite, pineapple delicious pudding. He loved the pepers and
> wants them again.
>
> Do you blanch the peppers before stuffing them? I do, but I have heard
> that it doesn't make all that much difference, as they soften in the
> oven anyway.

Roasting them over flame and then peeling away the charred skin makes for a
nice flavor.

Jack Relleno

Jack Schidt®

Stuffed Green Peppers Tim Recipes 0 18-09-2005 05:26 AM
Stuffed Green Peppers vicki_vera Recipes (moderated) 0 18-09-2005 01:28 AM
Stuffed Green Peppers Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-06-2005 01:48 AM
Stuffed Green Peppers Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-06-2005 02:10 PM
Stuffed Green Peppers International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 30-11-2004 01:26 AM