Katra

Default Corn and Crawfish Chowder

In article >,
dogsnus > wrote:

> I threw this together last night and I liked it well
> enough to try it again.
>

> Make a blonde roux with equal parts butter and flour.
> Dice 1 onion and sautee it in the roux until tender.
> Add 2 (15oz.) cans of creamed corn
> 1 can of cream of potato soup
> 1 pint of half/half
> 1 lb. of frozen crawfish tails
>
> Bring to a gentle boil and turn down the heat
> and simmer while you prepa
> 1/2 lb. of grated white cheese of choice
> 1/2 cup of chopped green onion
> chopped parsley
> Add the cheese,parsley and green onion
> and cook until cheese is melted.
> Turn off the heat and eat.
> Serve with some fresh french bread.
>
> You could, I suppose, half the recipe.
> I ended up with plenty of leftovers to take
> to work for lunch the next day or so.
> Enjoy!
>
> Terri

I do buy the pre-packaged frozen crawfish tails from time to time, but
have just been using them in salads, stir fry's and gumbo.

This sounds fabulous! :-) <click> saved to the hard drive......

Thanks!
K.

--
>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby >,,<

sf

Another good combination with corn is clams.

``````````

On 14 Jan 2004 11:54:37 GMT, dogsnus >
wrote:

> I threw this together last night and I liked it well
> enough to try it again.
>

> Make a blonde roux with equal parts butter and flour.
> Dice 1 onion and sautee it in the roux until tender.
> Add 2 (15oz.) cans of creamed corn
> 1 can of cream of potato soup
> 1 pint of half/half
> 1 lb. of frozen crawfish tails

<snip>

sf

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:30:55 -0600, Katra
> wrote:

> I do buy the pre-packaged frozen crawfish tails from time to time, but
> have just been using them in salads, stir fry's and gumbo.

I don't recall seeing frozen crawfish tails... where did you
find them? Trader Joes?

Katra

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:30:55 -0600, Katra
> > wrote:
>
> > I do buy the pre-packaged frozen crawfish tails from time to time, but
> > have just been using them in salads, stir fry's and gumbo.
> >

> I don't recall seeing frozen crawfish tails... where did you
> find them? Trader Joes?
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

HEB. :-)
A Texas grocery chain.

I don't currently have a package on hand as we ate them over the weekend
or I'd send you a brand name.... sorry! :-o

K.

--
>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby >,,<

eriana

> > I don't recall seeing frozen crawfish tails... where did you
> > find them? Trader Joes?

Our Super Wal-Mart carries them...ahhhh...the Mecca of the South...*G*

~Eri

Corn Chowder Tracy E. Carman[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 25-11-2009 10:55 AM
My corn chowder Michel Boucher[_3_] General Cooking 19 30-09-2008 12:57 AM
Corn Chowder Carolyn Ranker Recipes (moderated) 0 30-07-2008 02:51 AM
Corn Chowder jmcquown General Cooking 4 02-05-2006 03:39 AM
CORN CHOWDER Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-06-2005 02:38 PM