Mary Jo Oliver

Default chicken broth

I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
to make with it? ..
Thanks..
M.J.

Steve Calvin

Mary Jo Oliver wrote:

> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
> to make with it? ..
> Thanks..
> M.J.

I freeze chicken and beef broth/stock all the time. What to make with
it? The obvious would be soup. I use stock/broth in a large percentage
of what I make. Works well for sauces, a cooking liquid for rice, etc.

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Steve Calvin

Mary Jo Oliver wrote:

> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
> to make with it? ..
> Thanks..
> M.J.

I freeze chicken and beef broth/stock all the time. What to make with
it? The obvious would be soup. I use stock/broth in a large percentage
of what I make. Works well for sauces, a cooking liquid for rice, etc.

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Peter Aitken

"Mary Jo Oliver" > wrote in message
.. .
> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to

what
> to make with it? ..
> Thanks..
> M.J.

I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems like
an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor. In any case
you can certainly freeze the broth. It's good for sour, cooking rice in,
making gravy, and many other uses.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Mary Jo Oliver" > wrote in message
.. .
> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to

what
> to make with it? ..
> Thanks..
> M.J.

I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems like
an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor. In any case
you can certainly freeze the broth. It's good for sour, cooking rice in,
making gravy, and many other uses.

--
Peter Aitken

J.J. in WA

One time on Usenet, "Mary Jo Oliver" > said:

> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
> to make with it? ..

I save mine in the freezer to make stuffing/dressing...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
J.J. in WA

One time on Usenet, "Mary Jo Oliver" > said:

> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
> to make with it? ..

I save mine in the freezer to make stuffing/dressing...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
Dave Smith

Peter Aitken wrote:

> I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems like
> an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor.

Lots of people boil (poach) chicken to cook it before finishing it off on the
BBQ. It's a good way to make sure that it is properly cooked without it turning
out like an altar sacrifice when BBQing on direct heat. It doesn't lose that
much flavour, and a strong, sweet sauce can add more flavour.

Dave Smith

Peter Aitken wrote:

> I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems like
> an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor.

Lots of people boil (poach) chicken to cook it before finishing it off on the
BBQ. It's a good way to make sure that it is properly cooked without it turning
out like an altar sacrifice when BBQing on direct heat. It doesn't lose that
much flavour, and a strong, sweet sauce can add more flavour.

Peter Aitken

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Peter Aitken wrote:
>
> > I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems

like
> > an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor.

> Lots of people boil (poach) chicken to cook it before finishing it off on

the
> BBQ. It's a good way to make sure that it is properly cooked without it

turning
> out like an altar sacrifice when BBQing on direct heat. It doesn't lose

that
> much flavour, and a strong, sweet sauce can add more flavour.

I'm glad at least that you did not mention boiling ribs <g>! I understand
what you are saying but it seems like a substitute for knowing how to grill.
Better to learn how to moderate the heat to prevent the blackened chicken
effect.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Peter Aitken wrote:
>
> > I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems

like
> > an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor.

> Lots of people boil (poach) chicken to cook it before finishing it off on

the
> BBQ. It's a good way to make sure that it is properly cooked without it

turning
> out like an altar sacrifice when BBQing on direct heat. It doesn't lose

that
> much flavour, and a strong, sweet sauce can add more flavour.

I'm glad at least that you did not mention boiling ribs <g>! I understand
what you are saying but it seems like a substitute for knowing how to grill.
Better to learn how to moderate the heat to prevent the blackened chicken
effect.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Peter Aitken wrote:
>
> > I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems

like
> > an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor.

> Lots of people boil (poach) chicken to cook it before finishing it off on

the
> BBQ. It's a good way to make sure that it is properly cooked without it

turning
> out like an altar sacrifice when BBQing on direct heat. It doesn't lose

that
> much flavour, and a strong, sweet sauce can add more flavour.

I'm glad at least that you did not mention boiling ribs <g>! I understand
what you are saying but it seems like a substitute for knowing how to grill.
Better to learn how to moderate the heat to prevent the blackened chicken
effect.

--
Peter Aitken

ASAKO

"Hi there"
Try adding raw garlic to chicken soup. It adds a really nice flavour to the soup.
ASAKO

"Hi there"
Try adding raw garlic to chicken soup. It adds a really nice flavour to the soup.
Baldin Pramer

Mary Jo Oliver wrote:

> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
> to make with it? ..

Chicken stock is a great way to begin a pot of New Mexican style green
chile, pea soup or Tuscan bean and spinach soup.

Easy NM style green chile:

In a crock pot put 2 lbs of pork, any kind, and 2 lbs of chopped mild
green chile, 3 large cloves of garlic, diced and 2 tsp. salt. Fill to
within 1 inch of the top with unsalted chicken stock. Cook 6-8 hours,
remove any bones and serve with tortillas.

Easiest pea soup

In a crock pot place one ham bone, one 1 lb. bag of yellow or green
split peas and fill to within one inch of the top with unsalted chicken
stock. Cook 5-7 hours, remove the bone and serve with hearty black
bread. You can add a few grated carrots too, if you like.

Easy Tuscan bean and spinach soup

1 quart of unsalted chicken stock
2 large Knorr chicken bullion cubes
1 can chopped spinach
1 can lupini or garbanzo beans

Heat and serve with peasant bread

Add grilled and thinly sliced Italian sausage to the soup if you have it.

--
Sir Baldin Pramer, R.P.A.

"Tell the Queen I will call her back as soon as I have finished my tea."

Baldin Pramer

Mary Jo Oliver wrote:

> I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a nice
> broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to what
> to make with it? ..

Chicken stock is a great way to begin a pot of New Mexican style green
chile, pea soup or Tuscan bean and spinach soup.

Easy NM style green chile:

In a crock pot put 2 lbs of pork, any kind, and 2 lbs of chopped mild
green chile, 3 large cloves of garlic, diced and 2 tsp. salt. Fill to
within 1 inch of the top with unsalted chicken stock. Cook 6-8 hours,
remove any bones and serve with tortillas.

Easiest pea soup

In a crock pot place one ham bone, one 1 lb. bag of yellow or green
split peas and fill to within one inch of the top with unsalted chicken
stock. Cook 5-7 hours, remove the bone and serve with hearty black
bread. You can add a few grated carrots too, if you like.

Easy Tuscan bean and spinach soup

1 quart of unsalted chicken stock
2 large Knorr chicken bullion cubes
1 can chopped spinach
1 can lupini or garbanzo beans

Heat and serve with peasant bread

Add grilled and thinly sliced Italian sausage to the soup if you have it.

--
Sir Baldin Pramer, R.P.A.

"Tell the Queen I will call her back as soon as I have finished my tea."
Mary Jo Oliver

I boiled it cause it was chicken parts..this way they would all be done at
the same time and also my daughter likes it when it falls off the bone but
we also like the bbq flavor.

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
. com...
> "Mary Jo Oliver" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a

nice
> > broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> > wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to

> what
> > to make with it? ..
> > Thanks..
> > M.J.
> >

> I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems

like
> an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor. In any

case
> you can certainly freeze the broth. It's good for sour, cooking rice in,
> making gravy, and many other uses.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

Mary Jo Oliver

I boiled it cause it was chicken parts..this way they would all be done at
the same time and also my daughter likes it when it falls off the bone but
we also like the bbq flavor.

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
. com...
> "Mary Jo Oliver" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I boiled chicken parts to throw on the bbq last night and it made a

nice
> > broth. I put it in the fridge last night and skimmed off the fat...i was
> > wondering if it is possible to freeze it and if i can; any ideas as to

> what
> > to make with it? ..
> > Thanks..
> > M.J.
> >

> I am puzzled as to why you would boil chicken before grilling it. Seems

like
> an extra unneeded step that would do nothing but remove flavor. In any

case
> you can certainly freeze the broth. It's good for sour, cooking rice in,
> making gravy, and many other uses.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

How to make chicken fat into chicken broth for soup? Seekingsuggestions. Gold Finch General Cooking 21 27-04-2010 07:04 AM
Chicken Broth ULB General Cooking 26 26-10-2006 10:31 PM
Chicken And Broth T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 29-10-2005 10:19 PM
Chicken broth biig General Cooking 35 23-10-2005 03:01 PM
More About Chicken Broth Mary General Cooking 3 19-07-2005 08:24 PM