Heidi

Default Jiffy vs Bisquick

I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking
mix in an Impossible Pie recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the
formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and buy a box of
another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.

Thanks,
Heidi
Wendy Udelhoven

I think you will be okay using the Jiffy. To me if the recipe calls for
a baking mix I don't think what brand you have would matter. The only
thing that would be different would be the consistency and how it may
turn out.

For me I always have Bisquick on hand, because I am normally making
pancakes and biscuits with it. If I had a recipe calling for Jiffy
baking mix then I would be like you questioning the difference, but I
would use what I had on hand.

Good Luck.
Wendy

Dawn

Heidi wrote:

> I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking
> mix in an Impossible Pie recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the
> formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and buy a box of
> another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.

It works just fine. Jiffy tastes a little different, Bisquick has a ton
more sodium than Jiffy and I'm not sure what else, but for technical
purposes you can swap the two. I've used them interchangeably for
decades and not noticed appreciable differences in baking -- other than
the salty taste Bisquick has.

Dawn

jmcquown

Wendy Udelhoven wrote:
> The
> only thing that would be different would be the consistency and how
> it may turn out.

Uh, but isn't that what the OP is worried about?!

Jill
(snip)
> Good Luck.
> Wendy

Winco has Jiffy mixes! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 60 05-02-2014 06:22 AM
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix... jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 115 15-01-2013 04:54 AM
Jiffy White Cake Mix bryant.san Baking 2 02-11-2006 10:44 PM
Jiffy Bread DWACON General Cooking 6 18-05-2006 03:30 PM
Bisquick Peanut Butter Chip Cookies - Bisquick Classics Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 13-11-2003 02:02 PM