Jiffy vs Bisquick

Old 07-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Heidi
Usenet poster

Default Jiffy vs Bisquick

I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking
mix in an Impossible Pie recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the
formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and buy a box of
another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 07-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Wendy Udelhoven
Usenet poster

I think you will be okay using the Jiffy. To me if the recipe calls for
a baking mix I don't think what brand you have would matter. The only
thing that would be different would be the consistency and how it may
turn out.

For me I always have Bisquick on hand, because I am normally making
pancakes and biscuits with it. If I had a recipe calling for Jiffy
baking mix then I would be like you questioning the difference, but I
would use what I had on hand.

Good Luck.
Wendy

Old 07-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Dawn
Usenet poster

Heidi wrote:

I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking
mix in an Impossible Pie recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the
formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and buy a box of
another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.

It works just fine. Jiffy tastes a little different, Bisquick has a ton
more sodium than Jiffy and I'm not sure what else, but for technical
purposes you can swap the two. I've used them interchangeably for
decades and not noticed appreciable differences in baking -- other than
the salty taste Bisquick has.

Dawn

Old 07-01-2004, 11:57 PM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

Wendy Udelhoven wrote:
The
only thing that would be different would be the consistency and how
it may turn out.

Uh, but isn't that what the OP is worried about?!

Jill
(snip)
Good Luck.
Wendy

Expired Bisquick Lena B Katz General Cooking 7 18-01-2004 08:53 PM
bisquick rosie r+p General Cooking 2 04-01-2004 06:25 PM
bisquick Frogleg General Cooking 1 04-01-2004 05:15 PM
COBBLER QUERY General Cooking 2 08-11-2003 05:35 AM