mary

Default Melba Toast?

For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party. What
goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.

Thanks

Tom

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"mary" > wrote in message
> For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party.

What
> goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

cream cheese and jalapeno jelly works for me.

rona

Frogleg

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:08:24 -0500, "mary" >
wrote:

>For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party. What
>goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.

Spreads. Pate. Dips are for chips or veg; plain cheese goes on
crackers. While this was part of a 'dip' show, it's really a spread:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._20355,00.html

Nancy Young

Frogleg wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:08:24 -0500, "mary" >
> wrote:
>
> >For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party. What
> >goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.

> Spreads. Pate. Dips are for chips or veg; plain cheese goes on
> crackers. While this was part of a 'dip' show, it's really a spread:

I order tomato/fresh mozzarella salad and they serve it with melba
toast, you make little open faced sandwiches along with the basil
and the balsamic.

nancy
Mia

"mary" > wrote in message
> For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party.

What
> goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

I like hummus with melba toast.

Mia

kilikini

"mary" > wrote in message
> For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party.

What
> goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

I think Jammin' goes well with Melba - but, that's just my opinion.... he he
he

Kilikini

Wayne Boatwright

"mary" > wrote in message >...
> For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party. What
> goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

It you're taking really good melba toast, either homemade or from a
bakery, caviar is an excellent choice.

Wayne
Lynn Gifford

"kilikini" > wrote in message news:<rYUKb.42824
> snip<
> Kilikini

When Melba be too pooped to pop, she be "Melba Toast"
Lynn from Fargo
President of the Barb S. Fan Club
Man! Those ARE the best brownies in the Universe

mary > wrote:
> For reasons I will not go into, I have to bring melba toast to a party. What
> goes well with melba toast? Cheese, dip or something else.

Cheese and dips go well on melba toast. My mom's a fan
of melba toast. She takes a few slices of melba toast and
tops each one with a forkful of tuna salad and eats them
for a light lunch.

Thanks, Melba! Puester General Cooking 1 28-02-2008 06:48 AM
To Toast or Not to Toast Bread? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 26 26-12-2007 05:44 PM
Melba's Jamming George Shirley Preserving 10 25-05-2007 10:48 PM
Oh Melba... BOB General Cooking 5 05-12-2006 06:51 AM
Somebody feed Melba this. Andy General Cooking 5 18-11-2006 12:17 AM