Barbara Ling

Default Caviar buying, gifting and recipe resource site

Greetings,

I've just put together a caviar resource site
at http://www.barbaraling.com/caviar . I made sure
to include articles like

History of Caviar

Most Expensive Caviar

Caviar Recipes

Caviar Gift Ideas

Caviar Grades

and also describe the differences between the
various selections available on the market.
Please feel free to visit and let me know
if I've left anything out.

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Barbara Ling
http://www.barbaraling.com/caviar
Boron Elgar

On 5 Jan 2004 11:00:49 -0800, (Barbara Ling) wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I've just put together a caviar resource site
>at
http://www.barbaraling.com/caviar . I made sure
>to include articles like
>
>History of Caviar
>
>Most Expensive Caviar
>
>Caviar Recipes
>
>Caviar Gift Ideas
>
>Caviar Grades
>
>and also describe the differences between the
>various selections available on the market.
>Please feel free to visit and let me know
>if I've left anything out.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Barbara Ling
>http://www.barbaraling.com/caviar

You forgot to include the article about how to finance the purchase.

I am a long time devotee of fine caviar and only wish I could indulge
in it with greater frequency.

Boron
pavane

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> You forgot to include the article about how to finance the purchase.
>
> I am a long time devotee of fine caviar and only wish I could indulge
> in it with greater frequency.

Buy either American Paddlefish or North Carolina Trout
caviar. Do not gulp them by the spoonful (damn!) as you
might good Beluga, but when taken with blini or crackers
and the appropriate dairy product, chopped egg or onion
etcetera they are remarkably decent for mere fractions of
the cost of the real stuff. BTW had a sampling of American
Sturgeon caviar last week, very disappointing, metallic
undertones, fishy with little redeeming characteristics. But
the above two are worth your investigating.

pavane

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:05:17 GMT, "pavane"
> wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .
>> You forgot to include the article about how to finance the purchase.
>>
>> I am a long time devotee of fine caviar and only wish I could indulge
>> in it with greater frequency.

>Buy either American Paddlefish or North Carolina Trout
>caviar. Do not gulp them by the spoonful (damn!) as you
>might good Beluga, but when taken with blini or crackers
>and the appropriate dairy product, chopped egg or onion
>etcetera they are remarkably decent for mere fractions of
>the cost of the real stuff. BTW had a sampling of American
>Sturgeon caviar last week, very disappointing, metallic
>undertones, fishy with little redeeming characteristics. But
>the above two are worth your investigating.
>
>pavane

I have seen neither of your recommendations, though I will keep my
eyes out. I do confess for a fondness for the real goods, though.

I know a couple who met over spoonsful of caviar. They were both
attending a party & he wandered into the kitchen, where he first saw
her sitting over a large dish of caviar, with a shell spoon in her
hand and a smile on her face. He says at that moment, he knew he had
met the woman he would marry. They have been married over 40 years.

Boron
Anthony

"pavane" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
>

> Buy either American Paddlefish or North Carolina Trout
> caviar. Do not gulp them by the spoonful (damn!) as you
> might good Beluga, but when taken with blini or crackers
> and the appropriate dairy product, chopped egg or onion
> etcetera they are remarkably decent for mere fractions of
> the cost of the real stuff. BTW had a sampling of American
> Sturgeon caviar last week, very disappointing, metallic
> undertones, fishy with little redeeming characteristics. But
> the above two are worth your investigating.
>
> pavane

I had some paddlefish roe recently and it was surprisingly good. I also had
some American Sturgeon caviar, bought through Petrossian, and it was very
good, but not particularly cheap!

pavane

"Anthony" > wrote in message

> "pavane" > wrote in message
> . com...
> >
> > "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> >

> > Buy either American Paddlefish or North Carolina Trout
> > caviar. Do not gulp them by the spoonful (damn!) as you
> > might good Beluga, but when taken with blini or crackers
> > and the appropriate dairy product, chopped egg or onion
> > etcetera they are remarkably decent for mere fractions of
> > the cost of the real stuff. BTW had a sampling of American
> > Sturgeon caviar last week, very disappointing, metallic
> > undertones, fishy with little redeeming characteristics. But
> > the above two are worth your investigating.
> >
> > pavane

> I had some paddlefish roe recently and it was surprisingly good. I also

had
> some American Sturgeon caviar, bought through Petrossian, and it was very
> good, but not particularly cheap!

Yes, Petrossian is sort of a gold standard. Glad to hear that it was
good, I will have to try more; don't know the packer of the batch that
I had. Darn, must eat more caviar, sigh...

pavane

Erica

(Barbara Ling) wrote in message . com>...
> Greetings,
>
> I've just put together a caviar resource site
> at
http://www.barbaraling.com/caviar .

> *snip*
>
> Please feel free to visit and let me know
> if I've left anything out.

Wow, great site! There is only one thing that I would add. The recipes
look terrific, but perhaps you could also add an article on serving
caviar? Mention stuff like what type of spoon to use (IIRC, metal
spoons should not be used with caviar?), what garnishes are
traditional (i.e. chopped hard boiled egg, minced parsley, etc), an
all-purpose recipe for blinis, and so on.

Great job on the whole, keep up the good work!

--Erica