Nancree

Default Stroganoff must have Sour Cream

Beef stroganoff is made with sour cream--that's what makes it Stroganoff. Check
on Google. Victor isn't often wrong, but he is this time; Alfredo pasta dishes
are made with cream and garlic. Americans often use just a white cream sauce,
but traditionally Alfredo should be mixed right into hot pasta.
(smiling--Hi, Victor)

>Victor wrote:

<Just substitute Alfredo sauce. There is no difference at all. None.

<Victor
Mabry

"Nancree" > wrote in message
: Beef stroganoff is made with sour cream--that's what makes it
Stroganoff. Check
: on Google. Victor isn't often wrong, but he is this time; Alfredo
pasta dishes
: are made with cream and garlic. Americans often use just a white
cream sauce,
: but traditionally Alfredo should be mixed right into hot pasta.
: (smiling--Hi, Victor)
:
: >Victor wrote:
:
: <Just substitute Alfredo sauce. There is no difference at all. None.
:
: <Victor

Puzzled at no allusion to the cheese, a sine qua non, in 'Alfredo'.
Whatever. Below is a most handy recipe (100,478) site for quick
reference when wondering how many variations there may be on a given
food item. All the way from the traditional Stroganoff to a Spam
version with cream cheese (to each his own) and many in between.

http://www.astray.com/recipes/

-Mabry-

Blair P. Houghton

Nancree > wrote:
>Beef stroganoff is made with sour cream--that's what makes it Stroganoff. Check
>on Google. Victor isn't often wrong, but he is this time; Alfredo pasta dishes
>are made with cream and garlic. Americans often use just a white cream sauce,
>but traditionally Alfredo should be mixed right into hot pasta.
>(smiling--Hi, Victor)
>
>>Victor wrote:

><Just substitute Alfredo sauce. There is no difference at all. None.
>
><Victor

This is too damn funny.

--Blair
"Try guacamole."
Anthony

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> Beef stroganoff is made with sour cream--that's what makes it Stroganoff.

Check
> on Google. Victor isn't often wrong, but he is this time; Alfredo pasta

dishes
> are made with cream and garlic. Americans often use just a white cream

sauce,
> but traditionally Alfredo should be mixed right into hot pasta.
> (smiling--Hi, Victor)

LOL. Now that's funny!

orion

Holy krap, that's a few recipes there. I will be busy for the next month
w/the recipes on that site.

Thanks, Mabry! Suzan

"Mabry" > wrote in message

> "Nancree" > wrote in message
> : Beef stroganoff is made with sour cream--that's what makes it
> Stroganoff. Check
> : on Google. Victor isn't often wrong, but he is this time; Alfredo
> pasta dishes
> : are made with cream and garlic. Americans often use just a white
> cream sauce,
> : but traditionally Alfredo should be mixed right into hot pasta.
> : (smiling--Hi, Victor)
> :
> : >Victor wrote:
> :
> : <Just substitute Alfredo sauce. There is no difference at all. None.
> :
> : <Victor
>
> Puzzled at no allusion to the cheese, a sine qua non, in 'Alfredo'.
> Whatever. Below is a most handy recipe (100,478) site for quick
> reference when wondering how many variations there may be on a given
> food item. All the way from the traditional Stroganoff to a Spam
> version with cream cheese (to each his own) and many in between.
>
> http://www.astray.com/recipes/
>
> -Mabry-

Kent H.

Stroganoff Sauce must have sour cream.

Nancree wrote:

> Beef stroganoff is made with sour cream--that's what makes it Stroganoff. Check
> on Google. Victor isn't often wrong, but he is this time; Alfredo pasta dishes
> are made with cream and garlic. Americans often use just a white cream sauce,
> but traditionally Alfredo should be mixed right into hot pasta.
> (smiling--Hi, Victor)
>
> >Victor wrote:

> <Just substitute Alfredo sauce. There is no difference at all. None.
>
> <Victor

CheeseCake - Sour Cream vs. Heavy Cream Vs. ? Cyber Baking 10 18-11-2006 05:29 AM
can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? SPOONS General Cooking 14 07-08-2004 02:08 AM
SOUR CREAM ?? Dee General Cooking 6 01-07-2004 12:48 AM
Beef Stroganoff is made with SOUR CREAM Nancree General Cooking 1 05-01-2004 02:00 AM