rosie r+p

Default bisquick

i have a nice little recipe that calls for bisquick, how do i
substitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR?
(do i add something?)

thanks!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

"Hell they won't lie to me/ Not on my own damn TV/ But how much is a
liar's word worth/ And whatever happened to peace on earth?"
.....................................Willie Nelson
REGIME CHANGE BEGINS AT HOME
****VOTE****

hahabogus

"rosie r+p" > wrote in
:

> i have a nice little recipe that calls for bisquick, how do i
> substitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR?
> (do i add something?)
>
> thanks!

I don't think you can. Bisquick is a comercial dry mix of a general purpose
pancake/biscut/quick bread ingredients. All you add is things like
eggs, milk, (whatever). And I believe that whole wheat flour (on its own)
doesn't make good pancakes/biscuts/quick breads. You need some of the
higher gluten flour.

--
And the beet goes on! (or under)
-me just a while ago
WhansaMi

>> i have a nice little recipe that calls for bisquick, how do i
>> substitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR?
>> (do i add something?)
>>
>> thanks!
>>

>I don't think you can

Actually, you can. This is from "Whole Foods for the Whole Family", the La
Leche League cookbook. I used to use 1 and 1/2 c. dry milk, and butter in
mine, but you can play around with the milk powder and oil to get what you
want.

LLL Baking Mix:

8 c. flour (whole wheat, whole wheat pastry, or Cornell Mix)
5 T. baking powder
1 T. salt
1 to 2 c. dry milk powder
1 1/2 c oil, butter (softened) or fat

Combine dry ingredients well in a large bowl. Cut in oil or butter with your
fingers to make fine crumbs. Store in a tightly covered container in the
refrigerator. Makes 11 c. , and may be doubled.

Bisquick Salad [email protected] General Cooking 0 15-08-2016 06:58 PM
TNT Bisquick Scones Mash General Cooking 0 06-04-2005 03:28 AM
Bisquick substitute CheCooks General Cooking 9 14-03-2005 08:34 PM
bisquick Frogleg General Cooking 1 04-01-2004 06:15 PM
Bisquick Peanut Butter Chip Cookies - Bisquick Classics Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 13-11-2003 02:02 PM