Frogleg

Default bisquick

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:23:18 GMT, "rosie r+p"
> wrote:

>i have a nice little recipe that calls for bisquick, how do i
>substitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR?
>(do i add something?)

See:

http://copykat.com/asp/copykatrecipe.asp?recipe=372

Whole wheat pastry flour is a *long* way from Bisquick.
Wayne Boatwright

"rosie r+p" > wrote in news:GdWJb.206299
:

> i have a nice little recipe that calls for bisquick, how do i
> substitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR?
> (do i add something?)
>
> thanks!

Yes, you need to add leavening and some type of fat. There are various
"recipes" for this on the web, but none that I've seen call for whole
wheat flour or for pastry flour. I would think some adjustment for this
might be necessary. Generally, when substituting cake flour or pastry
flour for regular plain flour, 2 tablespoons of addition flour are added
for each cup of measured flour. In the following recipe from Cooks.Com,
that would be an additional 18 tablespoons of pastry flour. I'm not sure
of the effect of it being whole wheat.

Wayne

MASTER MIX SUBSTITUTE FOR BISQUICK

1/2 c. baking powder
1/4 c. sugar
9 c. flour
1 1/4 c. canola oil

Sift together powder and sugar into flour. Sift together twice into large
mixing bowl. Slowly add oil, cutting in with pastry blender, until mix is
consistency of corn meal. Store in tightly covered container at room
temperature or may be refrigerated. Yield: 12 cups. Spoon lightly into
cup and level with spatula.

Bisquick Salad [email protected] General Cooking 0 15-08-2016 06:58 PM
TNT Bisquick Scones Mash General Cooking 0 06-04-2005 03:28 AM
Bisquick substitute CheCooks General Cooking 9 14-03-2005 08:34 PM
bisquick rosie r+p General Cooking 2 04-01-2004 07:25 PM
Bisquick Peanut Butter Chip Cookies - Bisquick Classics Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 13-11-2003 02:02 PM