Default Peppermill restaurant in Pasadena

This used to be one of my favorite places when I lived in Pasadena. When I
was out visiting a while back, I drove by where it used to be, and it's all
apartments now. Did they move, get condemned, go out of business, all of the
above???
Sam D.

> wrote in message
> This used to be one of my favorite places when I lived in Pasadena.

When I
> was out visiting a while back, I drove by where it used to be, and

it's all
> apartments now. Did they move, get condemned, go out of business,

all of the
> above???

Actually la.eats would have been a more appropriate newsgroup for
this.

That aside, the Peppermill closed down due to property redevelopment
about 10 years ago. It was part of a small, privately held chain of
local restaurants that include Shakers (FKA Salt Shaker), Wild Thyme,
Beckham Place and several others. For an old school type of place
serving steaks and such, Monty's would probably be the restaurant that
is nearest in similarity within that local area.

Sam D.

> wrote in message
> This used to be one of my favorite places when I lived in Pasadena.

When I
> was out visiting a while back, I drove by where it used to be, and

it's all
> apartments now. Did they move, get condemned, go out of business,

all of the
> above???

Actually la.eats would have been a more appropriate newsgroup for
this.

That aside, the Peppermill closed down due to property redevelopment
about 10 years ago. It was part of a small, privately held chain of
local restaurants that include Shakers (FKA Salt Shaker), Wild Thyme,
Beckham Place and several others. For an old school type of place
serving steaks and such, Monty's would probably be the restaurant that
is nearest in similarity within that local area.

hw

The Peppermill Restaurant went away about 6 -7 years ago. The property was
purchased by Trammell-Crow, the restaurant knocked down & ultra-expensive
apartments were built on the site.

Try going to Conrad's at the corner. The food there is pretty good & is
made on site, by "real short order cooks". Last time I was there I had lamb
shanks w/gravey. The waiter even got some extra bones for JJ, the world
famous jack russell terrior from the kitchen for me. The food is not
shipped in from a commissary like the other coffee shop places, like Coco's,
Denny's, etc., which are owned by Advantika Corp.

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
om...
> wrote in message

> > This used to be one of my favorite places when I lived in Pasadena. When

> > was out visiting a while back, I drove by where it used to be, and it's

all
> > apartments now. Did they move, get condemned, go out of business, all of

the
> > above???

> If you look closely the next time you drive by, you'll find them
> operating out of apartment 3D.

hw

The Peppermill Restaurant went away about 6 -7 years ago. The property was
purchased by Trammell-Crow, the restaurant knocked down & ultra-expensive
apartments were built on the site.

Try going to Conrad's at the corner. The food there is pretty good & is
made on site, by "real short order cooks". Last time I was there I had lamb
shanks w/gravey. The waiter even got some extra bones for JJ, the world
famous jack russell terrior from the kitchen for me. The food is not
shipped in from a commissary like the other coffee shop places, like Coco's,
Denny's, etc., which are owned by Advantika Corp.

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
om...
> wrote in message

> > This used to be one of my favorite places when I lived in Pasadena. When

> > was out visiting a while back, I drove by where it used to be, and it's

all
> > apartments now. Did they move, get condemned, go out of business, all of

the
> > above???

> If you look closely the next time you drive by, you'll find them
> operating out of apartment 3D.

hw

not the same chain...pretender to the throne.

Harriet & critters

> >This used to be one of my favorite places when I lived in Pasadena. When

> >was out visiting a while back, I drove by where it used to be, and it's

all
> >apartments now. Did they move, get condemned, go out of business, all of

the
> >above???

> Went to a Pepermill restaurant in Vegas. The place smelled like
> rancid fish grease. We turned around and vacated the joint.

hw