Chris

Default Persian/Iranian Pashmak

Hi All -
I posted this request to rec.food.recipes, but am not optimistic, so
thought I'd double my odds of finding it by posting it here.
A visitor to my website is in search of a recipe for Pashmak - a
Persian or Iranian version of cotton candy (or "fairy floss"). It
comes in many flavors, such as sesame, saffron, rose, pistachio and
chocolate. I know he'd be delighted to receive any one of them.
Many thanks!
- Chris
---
http://www.sudairy.com/
Arri London

Chris wrote:

> Hi All -
> I posted this request to rec.food.recipes, but am not optimistic, so
> thought I'd double my odds of finding it by posting it here.
> A visitor to my website is in search of a recipe for Pashmak - a
> Persian or Iranian version of cotton candy (or "fairy floss"). It
> comes in many flavors, such as sesame, saffron, rose, pistachio and
> chocolate. I know he'd be delighted to receive any one of them.
> Many thanks!
> - Chris

No recipe in my Persian cookbook. If it is like candy floss, it would
need the special machine to spin the melted sugar. Perhaps it isn't done
at home normally?
Arri London

Chris wrote:

> Hi All -
> I posted this request to rec.food.recipes, but am not optimistic, so
> thought I'd double my odds of finding it by posting it here.
> A visitor to my website is in search of a recipe for Pashmak - a
> Persian or Iranian version of cotton candy (or "fairy floss"). It
> comes in many flavors, such as sesame, saffron, rose, pistachio and
> chocolate. I know he'd be delighted to receive any one of them.
> Many thanks!
> - Chris

No recipe in my Persian cookbook. If it is like candy floss, it would
need the special machine to spin the melted sugar. Perhaps it isn't done
at home normally?
Mark Thorson

Arri London wrote:

> No recipe in my Persian cookbook. If it is like candy floss, it would
> need the special machine to spin the melted sugar. Perhaps it isn't done
> at home normally?

Go on eBay and you'll find many cotton candy machines,
of many makes and sizes.

Arri London

Mark Thorson wrote:

> Arri London wrote:
>
> > No recipe in my Persian cookbook. If it is like candy floss, it would
> > need the special machine to spin the melted sugar. Perhaps it isn't done
> > at home normally?

> Go on eBay and you'll find many cotton candy machines,
> of many makes and sizes.

Yes... I've tried to use one of the home versions during church fetes.
Didn't work worth the electricity it took to run it.
It's not something most people make at home.

best Iranian food casa bona Recipes 3 16-06-2013 05:25 AM
Iranian cooking... Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 105 01-08-2010 11:53 AM
Iranian Rice Pudding [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 14-08-2006 10:04 AM
Persian/Iranian Sweets (2) Collection Lindatn Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2004 01:35 PM
What is this Iranian drink? Richard Wright Historic 2 21-05-2004 08:47 PM