DJS0302

Default Speaking of popcorn

The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind but
the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and made a
batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all I
taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger people
have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.
Peter Aitken

"DJS0302" > wrote in message
> The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind

but
> the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and

made a
> batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all

> taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger

people
> have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

Thanks - now *I* have a craving for popcorn <g>!

I have found that the problem with MW popcorn is not the MW but the popcorn.
I regularly pop loose popcorn (Orville's) in a special MW corn popper and
add salt, butter later. It's just fine. I think the chemicals and processing
make those prepackaged "MW popcorn" pouches taste bad.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"DJS0302" > wrote in message
> The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind

but
> the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and

made a
> batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all

> taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger

people
> have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

Thanks - now *I* have a craving for popcorn <g>!

I have found that the problem with MW popcorn is not the MW but the popcorn.
I regularly pop loose popcorn (Orville's) in a special MW corn popper and
add salt, butter later. It's just fine. I think the chemicals and processing
make those prepackaged "MW popcorn" pouches taste bad.

--
Peter Aitken

Ron G

Where are the special MW poppers available?
Thanks----
Ron---
a real newbie in "cooking"

Peter Aitken > wrote in message
m...
> "DJS0302" > wrote in message
> > The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved

kind
> but
> > the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> > popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and

> made a
> > batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> > popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn

all
> > taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger

> people
> > have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

> Thanks - now *I* have a craving for popcorn <g>!
>
> I have found that the problem with MW popcorn is not the MW but the

popcorn.
> I regularly pop loose popcorn (Orville's) in a special MW corn popper and
> add salt, butter later. It's just fine. I think the chemicals and

processing
> make those prepackaged "MW popcorn" pouches taste bad.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

---

Ron G

Where are the special MW poppers available?
Thanks----
Ron---
a real newbie in "cooking"

Peter Aitken > wrote in message
m...
> "DJS0302" > wrote in message
> > The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved

kind
> but
> > the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> > popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and

> made a
> > batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> > popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn

all
> > taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger

> people
> > have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

> Thanks - now *I* have a craving for popcorn <g>!
>
> I have found that the problem with MW popcorn is not the MW but the

popcorn.
> I regularly pop loose popcorn (Orville's) in a special MW corn popper and
> add salt, butter later. It's just fine. I think the chemicals and

processing
> make those prepackaged "MW popcorn" pouches taste bad.
>

> --
> Peter Aitken
>
> Remove the crap from my email address before using.

---

Peter Aitken

"Ron G" > wrote in message
> Where are the special MW poppers available?
> Thanks----
> Ron---
> a real newbie in "cooking"

Mine came with my wife! It's very simple, just a heavy plastic bowl with a
vented lid. I bet you could rig one up by placing a plastic collander
(inverted of course) over a glass bowl. I just put 1/4c of kernels in, no
oil, and pop. Add butter, salt later.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Ron G" > wrote in message
> Where are the special MW poppers available?
> Thanks----
> Ron---
> a real newbie in "cooking"

Mine came with my wife! It's very simple, just a heavy plastic bowl with a
vented lid. I bet you could rig one up by placing a plastic collander
(inverted of course) over a glass bowl. I just put 1/4c of kernels in, no
oil, and pop. Add butter, salt later.

--
Peter Aitken

Tara

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:56:15 -0500, "Ron G" > wrote:

>Where are the special MW poppers available?
>Thanks----
>Ron---
>a real newbie in "cooking"

Orville Redinbacher (sp?) makes one. Mine came from Wal-Mart or
someplace similar.

The original poster is right -- nothing beats real popcorn with real
butter.

Tara
Tara

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:56:15 -0500, "Ron G" > wrote:

>Where are the special MW poppers available?
>Thanks----
>Ron---
>a real newbie in "cooking"

Orville Redinbacher (sp?) makes one. Mine came from Wal-Mart or
someplace similar.

The original poster is right -- nothing beats real popcorn with real
butter.

Tara
SportKite1

>From: "Peter Aitken"

>No butter yet 6% fat - just what *is* that fat?

Organic Non-hydrogenated Palm Oil.

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: "Peter Aitken"

>No butter yet 6% fat - just what *is* that fat?

Organic Non-hydrogenated Palm Oil.

Ellen

Mike Stith

They're probably referring to the Presto PowerPop:

http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...hp?stock=04830

Ron G wrote:
> Where are the special MW poppers available?
> Thanks----
> Ron---
> a real newbie in "cooking"
>
> Peter Aitken > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>"DJS0302" > wrote in message
>>
>>>The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved

> kind
>
>>but
>>
>>>the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
>>>popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and

>>made a
>>
>>>batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
>>>popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn

> all

>>>taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger

>>people
>>
>>>have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

>>Thanks - now *I* have a craving for popcorn <g>!
>>
>>I have found that the problem with MW popcorn is not the MW but the

> popcorn.
>
>>I regularly pop loose popcorn (Orville's) in a special MW corn popper and
>>add salt, butter later. It's just fine. I think the chemicals and

> processing
>
>>make those prepackaged "MW popcorn" pouches taste bad.
>>

>>--
>>Peter Aitken
>>
>>Remove the crap from my email address before using.
>>

> ---

Mike Stith

Ron G wrote:
> Where are the special MW poppers available?
> Thanks----
> Ron---
> a real newbie in "cooking"
>
> Peter Aitken > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>"DJS0302" > wrote in message
>>
>>>The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved

> kind
>
>>but
>>
>>>the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
>>>popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and

>>made a
>>
>>>batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
>>>popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn

> all

>>>taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger

>>people
>>
>>>have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

>>Thanks - now *I* have a craving for popcorn <g>!
>>
>>I have found that the problem with MW popcorn is not the MW but the

> popcorn.
>
>>I regularly pop loose popcorn (Orville's) in a special MW corn popper and
>>add salt, butter later. It's just fine. I think the chemicals and

> processing
>
>>make those prepackaged "MW popcorn" pouches taste bad.
>>

>>--
>>Peter Aitken
>>
>>Remove the crap from my email address before using.
>>

> ---

Dave Smith

DJS0302 wrote:

> The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind but
> the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and made a
> batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all I
> taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger people
> have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

Never mind the real thing in popcorn. How about caramel corn. It takes only a few
minutes to melt some butter and brown sugar to make something that is way better
than Crackerjacks.

Dave Smith

DJS0302 wrote:

> The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind but
> the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and made a
> batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all I
> taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger people
> have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

Never mind the real thing in popcorn. How about caramel corn. It takes only a few
minutes to melt some butter and brown sugar to make something that is way better
than Crackerjacks.

Greg Zywicki

Dave Smith > wrote in message >...
> DJS0302 wrote:
>
> > The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind but
> > the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> > popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and made a
> > batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> > popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all I
> > taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger people
> > have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

> Never mind the real thing in popcorn. How about caramel corn. It takes only a few
> minutes to melt some butter and brown sugar to make something that is way better
> than Crackerjacks.

Sounds good.

I've tried to do the kettle corn thing to no avail. Oh man, now I'm
craving kettle corn. Rats.

Greg Zywicki

Greg Zywicki

Dave Smith > wrote in message >...
> DJS0302 wrote:
>
> > The other night I got a craving for some popcorn, not the microwaved kind but
> > the old fashioned kind that's popped in oil on the stove or in a popcorn
> > popper. So I got out the popcorn popper from the back of the closet and made a
> > batch. Boy, there is no comparison between old fashioned and microwave
> > popcorn. I could actually taste the popcorn. With microwave popcorn all I
> > taste is salty artificial butter flavoring. I wonder how many younger people
> > have never tasted real homemade popcorn. I'm 39 by the way.

> Never mind the real thing in popcorn. How about caramel corn. It takes only a few
> minutes to melt some butter and brown sugar to make something that is way better
> than Crackerjacks.

Sounds good.

I've tried to do the kettle corn thing to no avail. Oh man, now I'm
craving kettle corn. Rats.

Greg Zywicki
Kswck

"Ron G" > wrote in message
> Where are the special MW poppers available?
> Thanks----
> Ron---
> a real newbie in "cooking"

Use a brown paper bag.

Kswck

"Ron G" > wrote in message
> Where are the special MW poppers available?
> Thanks----
> Ron---
> a real newbie in "cooking"

Use a brown paper bag.

sf

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:16:59 GMT, "Kswck"
> wrote:

> "Ron G" > wrote in message
> > Where are the special MW poppers available?
> > Thanks----
> > Ron---
> > a real newbie in "cooking"
> >

> Use a brown paper bag.

I've never had luck doing it that way - and I use good
popcorn - so I buy the bags. I like MW popcorn, but I can
make it on the stove too.

sf
sf

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:16:59 GMT, "Kswck"
> wrote:

> "Ron G" > wrote in message
> > Where are the special MW poppers available?
> > Thanks----
> > Ron---
> > a real newbie in "cooking"
> >

> Use a brown paper bag.

I've never had luck doing it that way - and I use good
popcorn - so I buy the bags. I like MW popcorn, but I can
make it on the stove too.

sf

Flatman57

man now I am craving some popcorn, I grew up with having one of the old
plug in poppers with the hand crank on the top of it... Made lots of popcorn
that way...

Flatman57

Popcorn metspitzer General Cooking 8 20-09-2008 12:38 AM
That buttery aroma might be toxic, too: Common chemical in popcorn at center of concern [Scout popcorn OK] Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 0 06-09-2007 10:52 PM
Popcorn Terry General Cooking 15 15-10-2006 10:53 PM
Popcorn The Bubbo General Cooking 0 06-08-2006 07:42 AM
Popcorn Readstown Library General Cooking 4 30-12-2004 06:24 AM