Wijnston

Default Champagne Corks for FP

Save that cork! It fits (notched if necessary) into the bottom of your
food processor while filled with soaking water and prevents the steady
leak permitted by using the blade alone.

jmcquown

Wijnston wrote:
> Save that cork! It fits (notched if necessary) into the bottom of your
> food processor while filled with soaking water and prevents the steady
> leak permitted by using the blade alone.

What leak??

Frogleg

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 06:18:11 -0600, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Wijnston wrote:
>> Save that cork! It fits (notched if necessary) into the bottom of your
>> food processor while filled with soaking water and prevents the steady
>> leak permitted by using the blade alone.

>What leak??

A useful tip. FPs central cylinder (where the gadgets plug in) is a
couple of inches tall. Which means the bowl can only be filled to that
level. Even with a blade (or other gadget) in place, water leaks out.
I usually find myself soaking the bowl in preparation for washing, and
it'd be nice to let the whole thing fill with water.
Felice Friese

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 06:18:11 -0600, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
> >Wijnston wrote:
> >> Save that cork! It fits (notched if necessary) into the bottom of your
> >> food processor while filled with soaking water and prevents the steady
> >> leak permitted by using the blade alone.

> >What leak??

> A useful tip. FPs central cylinder (where the gadgets plug in) is a
> couple of inches tall. Which means the bowl can only be filled to that
> level. Even with a blade (or other gadget) in place, water leaks out.
> I usually find myself soaking the bowl in preparation for washing, and
> it'd be nice to let the whole thing fill with water.

Another solution is to slip a film canister over the central cylinder. I
keep one with the FP so it's always handy.

Felice