zxcvbob

Default Work Food

Dog3 wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Cups O'Ramen noodles, a bottle of Daves Insanity Sauce, and a jar of
instant coffee. And diet cola in the dept fridge.

Bob
zxcvbob

Dog3 wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Cups O'Ramen noodles, a bottle of Daves Insanity Sauce, and a jar of
instant coffee. And diet cola in the dept fridge.

Bob
Grismalkin

>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
>cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
>since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
>noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
>garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
>unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
>package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
>lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.

We had a snack machine in the basement and there was a whole large kitchen
right next to my office. The snack machine had Gardetto's, Pop Tarts and the
usual chips and candy bars. In the kitchen I could go into the walk-in and
steal slices of American cheese and fruit. I kept a jar of ice tea mix in my
office but someone came in and dropped it one day.

There is a weird story about my office. Before it became my office it was the
office of three department heads who shared it. The kitchen staff liked this
one nurse and he would go there and they would give him special treats. One
day they gave him a whole plate of chicken. Before he could get it to his
station he got an emergency call so went into this office and put the plate of
chicken in Val's desk drawer. Val was a very hefty gal.

So, a few weeks later, that one nurse and the Asst. Dir. of Nursing and I went
out to lunch together. The latter mentioned about slipping into the office to
answer a phone call and reaching in the drawer to grab maybe a piece of paper.
He found a plate of chicken bones in the drawer. The story sort of came
together at that point. If you found a plate of chicken pieces in your drawer
would you just eat them all?

When that office became mine I put a label on that drawer: "Food Drawer."

>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
>Michael
>
>--
>Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

Grismalkin

>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
>cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
>since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
>noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
>garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
>unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
>package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
>lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.

We had a snack machine in the basement and there was a whole large kitchen
right next to my office. The snack machine had Gardetto's, Pop Tarts and the
usual chips and candy bars. In the kitchen I could go into the walk-in and
steal slices of American cheese and fruit. I kept a jar of ice tea mix in my
office but someone came in and dropped it one day.

There is a weird story about my office. Before it became my office it was the
office of three department heads who shared it. The kitchen staff liked this
one nurse and he would go there and they would give him special treats. One
day they gave him a whole plate of chicken. Before he could get it to his
station he got an emergency call so went into this office and put the plate of
chicken in Val's desk drawer. Val was a very hefty gal.

So, a few weeks later, that one nurse and the Asst. Dir. of Nursing and I went
out to lunch together. The latter mentioned about slipping into the office to
answer a phone call and reaching in the drawer to grab maybe a piece of paper.
He found a plate of chicken bones in the drawer. The story sort of came
together at that point. If you found a plate of chicken pieces in your drawer
would you just eat them all?

When that office became mine I put a label on that drawer: "Food Drawer."

>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
>Michael
>
>--
>Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

Jessica V.

Dog3 wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Working from home for the summer, I have everything at my disposal.
When I return to the office it the fall the usual suspects will find
thier way into my desk chai, almond joy bars, rold-gold pretzels,
instant oatmeal, ramen cup o lunch and granola bars.

Jessica

Jessica V.

Dog3 wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Working from home for the summer, I have everything at my disposal.
When I return to the office it the fall the usual suspects will find
thier way into my desk chai, almond joy bars, rold-gold pretzels,
instant oatmeal, ramen cup o lunch and granola bars.

Jessica
Jessica V.

Dog3 wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Working from home for the summer, I have everything at my disposal.
When I return to the office it the fall the usual suspects will find
thier way into my desk chai, almond joy bars, rold-gold pretzels,
instant oatmeal, ramen cup o lunch and granola bars.

Jessica
Bob

Michael wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left,
> I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk
> for lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for lunch?"
thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints along those
lines.

I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a jar of
tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office also has a
thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full of food isn't a
real good idea anyway.

Bob

Bob

Michael wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left,
> I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk
> for lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for lunch?"
thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints along those
lines.

I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a jar of
tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office also has a
thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full of food isn't a
real good idea anyway.

Bob

Curly Sue

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
wrote:

>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
>cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
>since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
>noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
>garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
>unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
>package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
>lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

Diet Coke. Soup at Hand. Kellogg's Krave bars (I bought them to try.
They're OK). A case of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie packs. I
realized I was buying the cookies every so often at 85 cents a pack
when I had to work late. A case of 36 at BJ's was $9. What a
difference in price! So I felt I *had* to buy the case :> But I have
been good about not eating them just because they're there. I also
have teabags, an electric tea kettle, and usually milk.

Sue(tm)

Curly Sue

wrote:

>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
>cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
>since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
>noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
>garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
>unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
>package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
>lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

Diet Coke. Soup at Hand. Kellogg's Krave bars (I bought them to try.
They're OK). A case of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie packs. I
realized I was buying the cookies every so often at 85 cents a pack
when I had to work late. A case of 36 at BJ's was $9. What a
difference in price! So I felt I *had* to buy the case :> But I have
been good about not eating them just because they're there. I also
have teabags, an electric tea kettle, and usually milk.

Sue(tm)
Curly Sue

wrote:

>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
>cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
>since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
>noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
>garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
>unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
>package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
>lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

Diet Coke. Soup at Hand. Kellogg's Krave bars (I bought them to try.
They're OK). A case of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie packs. I
realized I was buying the cookies every so often at 85 cents a pack
when I had to work late. A case of 36 at BJ's was $9. What a
difference in price! So I felt I *had* to buy the case :> But I have
been good about not eating them just because they're there. I also
have teabags, an electric tea kettle, and usually milk.

Sue(tm)
The Ranger

wrote:
> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today
> Right before I left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer.
> All of this food has been in the drawer since last
> November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
> of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal
> (apples and cinnamon), [..] a can of tuna and an
> unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
> always get away from my desk for lunch, and I
> snack during the afternoon sometimes.

Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not, how do you cook the
oatmeal and noodles? Do you also have a can opener available? (I kept
one in my desk drawer from my Boy Scout Daze but made sure it wasn't
common knowledge.)

SWMBO[1] has all sorts of goodies available for day-long noshing:
Packaged nuts (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds,
walnut<_YUCK!_>, pistachios, and pine nuts)
Peanut butter (small Skippy Chunky)
Saltine Crackers
Triskets
Goldfish
Oreos
Granola bars (all types)
Brach's hard candies (Cinnamon, Butterscotch, etc.)
Teas (Bigalow Earl Grey, Lemontime, Constant Comet)

The Ranger
---
When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.
When the law is on your side, argue the law.
When neither is on your side, bang the table and insult your
opponents.
The Ranger

wrote:
> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today
> Right before I left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer.
> All of this food has been in the drawer since last
> November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
> of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal
> (apples and cinnamon), [..] a can of tuna and an
> unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
> always get away from my desk for lunch, and I
> snack during the afternoon sometimes.

Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not, how do you cook the
oatmeal and noodles? Do you also have a can opener available? (I kept
one in my desk drawer from my Boy Scout Daze but made sure it wasn't
common knowledge.)

SWMBO[1] has all sorts of goodies available for day-long noshing:
Packaged nuts (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds,
walnut<_YUCK!_>, pistachios, and pine nuts)
Peanut butter (small Skippy Chunky)
Saltine Crackers
Triskets
Goldfish
Oreos
Granola bars (all types)
Brach's hard candies (Cinnamon, Butterscotch, etc.)
Teas (Bigalow Earl Grey, Lemontime, Constant Comet)

The Ranger
---
When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.
When the law is on your side, argue the law.
When neither is on your side, bang the table and insult your
opponents.
jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I
> left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer.

(snippety)
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

When I worked (laughing) I always had a stash of ramen soup as well. Also,
packets of saltines, a bottle of Tabasco, salt substitute and pepper. A
bottle of honey (for my tea and also a porcelain tea cup/saucer and an
individual tea pot - only good for 2 cups). A couple of cans of Campbell's
soup - tomato and chicken/stars. For snacking, packets of PB/cheese
crackers.

BTW, Michael, I couldn't post (blasted ISP!) so a belated Happy Birthday to
you!!

Gonna fly into St. Louis on October 6th. My long-lost has an art show in
Highland the following weekend. I gather Highland is well south of STL. Do
you know anything about the area? We're winging this one - no idea what, if
anything, there is to do around there when we aren't working

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I
> left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer.

(snippety)
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

When I worked (laughing) I always had a stash of ramen soup as well. Also,
packets of saltines, a bottle of Tabasco, salt substitute and pepper. A
bottle of honey (for my tea and also a porcelain tea cup/saucer and an
individual tea pot - only good for 2 cups). A couple of cans of Campbell's
soup - tomato and chicken/stars. For snacking, packets of PB/cheese
crackers.

BTW, Michael, I couldn't post (blasted ISP!) so a belated Happy Birthday to
you!!

Gonna fly into St. Louis on October 6th. My long-lost has an art show in
Highland the following weekend. I gather Highland is well south of STL. Do
you know anything about the area? We're winging this one - no idea what, if
anything, there is to do around there when we aren't working

Jill

jmcquown

The Ranger wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
> wrote:
>> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today
>> Right before I left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer.
>> All of this food has been in the drawer since last
>> November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
>> of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal
>> (apples and cinnamon), [..] a can of tuna and an
>> unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
>> always get away from my desk for lunch, and I
>> snack during the afternoon sometimes.

> Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not, how do you cook the
> oatmeal and noodles? Do you also have a can opener available? (I kept
> one in my desk drawer from my Boy Scout Daze but made sure it wasn't
> common knowledge.)
>
> The Ranger

LOL I kept ramen noodles AND a can opener and a plastic rubbermaid container
for cooking and a measure in my cabinet at work. As for cooking, it's
called a microwave oven. For tea, just the hot water out of the coffee
brewer tap.

I realize not everyone has a microwave oven available; in that case I
wouldn't recommend stashing ramen or other things that need to be cooked at
the office

Jill

jmcquown

The Ranger wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
> wrote:
>> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today
>> Right before I left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer.
>> All of this food has been in the drawer since last
>> November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
>> of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal
>> (apples and cinnamon), [..] a can of tuna and an
>> unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
>> always get away from my desk for lunch, and I
>> snack during the afternoon sometimes.

> Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not, how do you cook the
> oatmeal and noodles? Do you also have a can opener available? (I kept
> one in my desk drawer from my Boy Scout Daze but made sure it wasn't
> common knowledge.)
>
> The Ranger

LOL I kept ramen noodles AND a can opener and a plastic rubbermaid container
for cooking and a measure in my cabinet at work. As for cooking, it's
called a microwave oven. For tea, just the hot water out of the coffee
brewer tap.

I realize not everyone has a microwave oven available; in that case I
wouldn't recommend stashing ramen or other things that need to be cooked at
the office

Jill

Katra

In article > ,
Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Low sodium V-8 juice in quarts, and cans of low sodium chicken broth,
and some decent sea salt.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra

In article > ,
Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left, I
> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael

Low sodium V-8 juice in quarts, and cans of low sodium chicken broth,
and some decent sea salt.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra

In article > ,
Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> augie mcduck > tip tapped
> :
>
> > dognospam@adjfkdla :

> > Herbal tea.
> > I take fresh food everyday, and I don't get a lunch break.

> Packing a lunch is just too much for my mind at 6am in the morning. It's
> all I can do to walk the dog, feed the dog and cat and get myself ready
> I either go out for lunch or eat at my desk if I'm too busy.
>
> Michael

Pack your lunch the night before and stick in in the 'frige. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra

In article > ,
Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> augie mcduck > tip tapped
> :
>
> > dognospam@adjfkdla :

> > Herbal tea.
> > I take fresh food everyday, and I don't get a lunch break.

> Packing a lunch is just too much for my mind at 6am in the morning. It's
> all I can do to walk the dog, feed the dog and cat and get myself ready
> I either go out for lunch or eat at my desk if I'm too busy.
>
> Michael

Pack your lunch the night before and stick in in the 'frige. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra

In article >,
"Bob" > wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>
> > I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left,
> > I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> > since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> > noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> > garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> > unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> > package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk
> > for lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
> >
> > What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

> Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for lunch?"
> thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints along those
> lines.
>
> I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a jar of
> tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office also has a
> thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full of food isn't a
> real good idea anyway.
>
> Bob

You can seal it in metal cookie cans, or glass jars....

Y'all need some cats or an exterminator. Mice can carry Hantavirus.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra

In article >,
"Bob" > wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>
> > I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left,
> > I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> > since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> > noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> > garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> > unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> > package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk
> > for lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
> >
> > What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

> Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for lunch?"
> thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints along those
> lines.
>
> I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a jar of
> tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office also has a
> thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full of food isn't a
> real good idea anyway.
>
> Bob

You can seal it in metal cookie cans, or glass jars....

Y'all need some cats or an exterminator. Mice can carry Hantavirus.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Siobhan Perricone

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

I'm diabetic, so this might look a little funky but...

Several of those chunky soup at hand varieties that can be nuked quickly
and are actually not totally yucky (and average less than 20 carbs each)
Beef jerky
sometimes I have pepperidge farm goldfish analogs (called Whales, these are
a once in a while treat 'cos they're fairly high in carbs)
very low carb belgian chocolate
tea packets
splenda
diet caffiene free coke
peanuts (not dry roasted)
sugar free jello cups (in the fridge)
a jar of peanut butter
a jar of low carb jam (it's not great, but it's better than no jam)
some low carb bread

I always eat both breakfast and lunch at my desk, and sometimes I forget to
grab a lunch on the way out of the house.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,

Siobhan Perricone

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

I'm diabetic, so this might look a little funky but...

Several of those chunky soup at hand varieties that can be nuked quickly
and are actually not totally yucky (and average less than 20 carbs each)
Beef jerky
sometimes I have pepperidge farm goldfish analogs (called Whales, these are
a once in a while treat 'cos they're fairly high in carbs)
very low carb belgian chocolate
tea packets
splenda
diet caffiene free coke
peanuts (not dry roasted)
sugar free jello cups (in the fridge)
a jar of peanut butter
a jar of low carb jam (it's not great, but it's better than no jam)
some low carb bread

I always eat both breakfast and lunch at my desk, and sometimes I forget to
grab a lunch on the way out of the house.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,
God wrote the rocks
-- Word of God by Kathy Mar
kilikini

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "Bob" > tip tapped
> :
> >
> > Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for
> > lunch?" thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints
> > along those lines.

> Okay. So let's do it.
>

> > I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a
> > jar of tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office
> > also has a thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full
> > of food isn't a real good idea anyway.
> >
> > Bob

> Field mice can be a nuisance, especially when food is laying around.
> Occasionally I'll pack some left overs when cleaning up from dinner;
> thinking it'll be lunch tomorrow. It's a 50/50 chance I'll remember to
> take the container to work with me. Now and then I'll take a frozen
> entree'. There is a wine and cheese shop in the building I work in. A

lot
> of times I'll have them slice a couple of slices of chees and nibble on
> cheese and crackers at my desk. One thing I almost always take to work is
> fresh fruit, now that I can eat it. I keep a bowl of fruit on the counter
> top by my car keys. I also take a lot of bagels to work.
>
> Michael
> --
> Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

When I had a desk job, I had that same problem, Michael, I'd always forget
to bring my leftovers or if I brought them and ate them, I'd forget to take
the tupperware home and it would sit, get moldy and smell. LOL

Lunch out was always a better choice.

kili

kilikini

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "Bob" > tip tapped
> :
> >
> > Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for
> > lunch?" thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints
> > along those lines.

> Okay. So let's do it.
>

> > I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a
> > jar of tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office
> > also has a thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full
> > of food isn't a real good idea anyway.
> >
> > Bob

> Field mice can be a nuisance, especially when food is laying around.
> Occasionally I'll pack some left overs when cleaning up from dinner;
> thinking it'll be lunch tomorrow. It's a 50/50 chance I'll remember to
> take the container to work with me. Now and then I'll take a frozen
> entree'. There is a wine and cheese shop in the building I work in. A

lot
> of times I'll have them slice a couple of slices of chees and nibble on
> cheese and crackers at my desk. One thing I almost always take to work is
> fresh fruit, now that I can eat it. I keep a bowl of fruit on the counter
> top by my car keys. I also take a lot of bagels to work.
>
> Michael
> --
> Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

When I had a desk job, I had that same problem, Michael, I'd always forget
to bring my leftovers or if I brought them and ate them, I'd forget to take
the tupperware home and it would sit, get moldy and smell. LOL

Lunch out was always a better choice.

kili

kilikini

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "Bob" > tip tapped
> :
> >
> > Damn! I thought this was going to be a "what do you take to work for
> > lunch?" thread. I was really looking forward to some useful hints
> > along those lines.

> Okay. So let's do it.
>

> > I don't have *any* food stashed in my office; the closest I come is a
> > jar of tea bags. But then again, the building which holds my office
> > also has a thriving population of field mice, so keeping a drawer full
> > of food isn't a real good idea anyway.
> >
> > Bob

> Field mice can be a nuisance, especially when food is laying around.
> Occasionally I'll pack some left overs when cleaning up from dinner;
> thinking it'll be lunch tomorrow. It's a 50/50 chance I'll remember to
> take the container to work with me. Now and then I'll take a frozen
> entree'. There is a wine and cheese shop in the building I work in. A

lot
> of times I'll have them slice a couple of slices of chees and nibble on
> cheese and crackers at my desk. One thing I almost always take to work is
> fresh fruit, now that I can eat it. I keep a bowl of fruit on the counter
> top by my car keys. I also take a lot of bagels to work.
>
> Michael
> --
> Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

When I had a desk job, I had that same problem, Michael, I'd always forget
to bring my leftovers or if I brought them and ate them, I'd forget to take
the tupperware home and it would sit, get moldy and smell. LOL

Lunch out was always a better choice.

kili

Orion

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left,

> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk

for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

I'll have to remember that coffee tip. I have some microwave popcorn, loose
tea and bags, cashews. In the fridge across the hall I have some diet soda.
Lunch isn't a problem even if I work through, as we have a cafeteria in the
inpatient center. The food is good and cheap. It's a hospice so they don't
worry much about fat and calories for patients, and the salad bar is good
plus there are always soups and sandwiches.

Suzan

Orion

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I left,

> cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in the drawer
> since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors of Ramen
> noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and cinnamon), a box of
> garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips (way too stale), an
> unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can of tuna and an unopened
> package of starburst fruit chews. I can't always get away from my desk

for
> lunch, and I snack during the afternoon sometimes.
>
> What does everyone else have stashed away at work?
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
> Jilly Cooper

I'll have to remember that coffee tip. I have some microwave popcorn, loose
tea and bags, cashews. In the fridge across the hall I have some diet soda.
Lunch isn't a problem even if I work through, as we have a cafeteria in the
inpatient center. The food is good and cheap. It's a hospice so they don't
worry much about fat and calories for patients, and the salad bar is good
plus there are always soups and sandwiches.

Suzan

Curly Sue

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:33:42 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
wrote:

(Curly Sue) tip tapped
:

>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I
>>>left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in
>>>the drawer since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
>>>of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and
>>>cinnamon), a box of garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips
>>>(way too stale), an unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can
>>>of tuna and an unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
>>>always get away from my desk for lunch, and I snack during the
>>>afternoon sometimes.
>>>
>>>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

>> Diet Coke. Soup at Hand. Kellogg's Krave bars (I bought them to try.
>> They're OK). A case of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie packs. I
>> realized I was buying the cookies every so often at 85 cents a pack
>> when I had to work late. A case of 36 at BJ's was $9. What a
>> difference in price! So I felt I *had* to buy the case :> But I have
>> been good about not eating them just because they're there. I also
>> have teabags, an electric tea kettle, and usually milk.
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
>>

>The chocolate chip cookie packs remind me of my Hostess Ding Dongs and
>Cupcakes. We have a Hostess outlet store nearby. It's not day old and I
>don't know why they sell the baked goods at such a discounted price but I
>like it. I'll buy a box of 12 Hostess Cupcakes for $1.50 and schlep 'em to
>work to keep on hand.

Aha! The truth comes out. "Fresh fruit" indeed!

Sue(tm)
Curly Sue

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:33:42 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
wrote:

(Curly Sue) tip tapped
:

>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I
>>>left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in
>>>the drawer since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
>>>of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and
>>>cinnamon), a box of garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips
>>>(way too stale), an unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can
>>>of tuna and an unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
>>>always get away from my desk for lunch, and I snack during the
>>>afternoon sometimes.
>>>
>>>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

>> Diet Coke. Soup at Hand. Kellogg's Krave bars (I bought them to try.
>> They're OK). A case of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie packs. I
>> realized I was buying the cookies every so often at 85 cents a pack
>> when I had to work late. A case of 36 at BJ's was $9. What a
>> difference in price! So I felt I *had* to buy the case :> But I have
>> been good about not eating them just because they're there. I also
>> have teabags, an electric tea kettle, and usually milk.
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
>>

>The chocolate chip cookie packs remind me of my Hostess Ding Dongs and
>Cupcakes. We have a Hostess outlet store nearby. It's not day old and I
>don't know why they sell the baked goods at such a discounted price but I
>like it. I'll buy a box of 12 Hostess Cupcakes for $1.50 and schlep 'em to
>work to keep on hand.

Aha! The truth comes out. "Fresh fruit" indeed!

Sue(tm)

Curly Sue

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:33:42 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
wrote:

(Curly Sue) tip tapped
:

>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:15:13 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I was cleaning out my desk and file cabinets today. Right before I
>>>left, I cleaned out my 'stash' drawer. All of this food has been in
>>>the drawer since last November. I had 10 packages of assorted flavors
>>>of Ramen noodles. A box of Instant Quaker Oatmeal(apples and
>>>cinnamon), a box of garlic melba toast (stale), Lays fat free chips
>>>(way too stale), an unopened bag of Snyders fat free pretzels, a can
>>>of tuna and an unopened package of starburst fruit chews. I can't
>>>always get away from my desk for lunch, and I snack during the
>>>afternoon sometimes.
>>>
>>>What does everyone else have stashed away at work?

>> Diet Coke. Soup at Hand. Kellogg's Krave bars (I bought them to try.
>> They're OK). A case of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie packs. I
>> realized I was buying the cookies every so often at 85 cents a pack
>> when I had to work late. A case of 36 at BJ's was $9. What a
>> difference in price! So I felt I *had* to buy the case :> But I have
>> been good about not eating them just because they're there. I also
>> have teabags, an electric tea kettle, and usually milk.
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
>>

>The chocolate chip cookie packs remind me of my Hostess Ding Dongs and
>Cupcakes. We have a Hostess outlet store nearby. It's not day old and I
>don't know why they sell the baked goods at such a discounted price but I
>like it. I'll buy a box of 12 Hostess Cupcakes for $1.50 and schlep 'em to
>work to keep on hand.

Aha! The truth comes out. "Fresh fruit" indeed!

Sue(tm)
The Ranger

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:37:29 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
asked after I > tip tapped
:
> > Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not,
> > how do you cook the oatmeal and noodles?

[snip]
> oatmeal and noodles I use the scalding tap water mechanism
> on the coffee machines because they're close by.

Ah. Sounds like you have nicely serviced kitchenette in your break
areas.

>> SWMBO[1]

[snip food stores]
>So you fixing everyone lunch? [..]

[1]
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/electroni...rs/Rumpole-FAQ

The Ranger
The Ranger

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:37:29 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
asked after I > tip tapped
:
> > Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not,
> > how do you cook the oatmeal and noodles?

[snip]
> oatmeal and noodles I use the scalding tap water mechanism
> on the coffee machines because they're close by.

Ah. Sounds like you have nicely serviced kitchenette in your break
areas.

>> SWMBO[1]

[snip food stores]
>So you fixing everyone lunch? [..]

[1]
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/electroni...rs/Rumpole-FAQ

The Ranger
The Ranger

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:37:29 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
asked after I > tip tapped
:
> > Do you nosh on the Raman noodles uncooked? If not,
> > how do you cook the oatmeal and noodles?

[snip]
> oatmeal and noodles I use the scalding tap water mechanism
> on the coffee machines because they're close by.

Ah. Sounds like you have nicely serviced kitchenette in your break
areas.

>> SWMBO[1]

[snip food stores]
>So you fixing everyone lunch? [..]

[1]
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/electroni...rs/Rumpole-FAQ

The Ranger
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Katra > wrote:
> Low sodium V-8 juice in quarts, and cans of low sodium chicken broth,
> and some decent sea salt.
>
> K.

Chuckling at the low sodium stuff along with the addition/availability
of salt. :-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.