SPOONS

Default can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?

Thanks,
SPOONS
My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

PENMART01

>"SPOONS" writes:
>
>can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

Of course... sour cream can can even be a substitute for sex.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"SPOONS" writes:
>
>can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

Of course... sour cream can can even be a substitute for sex.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dimitri

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
rs.com...
> can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
> cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?
>
> Thanks,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

In what?

Dimitri

Dimitri

"SPOONS" > wrote in message
rs.com...
> can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
> cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?
>
> Thanks,
> SPOONS
> My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

In what?

Dimitri

Bob (this one)

SPOONS wrote:

> can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
> cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?

It depends what you're using it for.

Um, what are you using it for?

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

SPOONS wrote:

> can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
> cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?

It depends what you're using it for.

Um, what are you using it for?

Pastorio

zuuum

from the web http://www.ochef.com/206.htm

"Most people make a facsimile of crème fraîche by adding a tablespoon of
buttermilk to a cup of whipping cream, heating it gently to 110°F (45°C),
then putting it in a loosely covered bottle in a warm place and letting it
sit for anywhere from 8 hours to a couple of days, until thick. Store it in
the refrigerator, where it will thicken further, and keep for about three
weeks. You can also whip it like whipping cream."

Remember, "facsimile"

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"SPOONS" writes:
> >
> >can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

> Of course... sour cream can can even be a substitute for sex.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:20:59 GMT, "SPOONS"
> wrote:

>can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
>cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?

I think that is a decision only you can make. It is not the same at
all, but it may be all right, depending on what you will use it for.

I would more likely substitute a really good yogurt if I had to, but
that wouldn't be the same either.

For that matter everybody's creme fraiche is different, too.

Rodney Myrvaagnes Opionated old geezer

Faith-based economics: It's deja voodoo all over again
SPOONS

I'm using it for a banana bread recipe which calls for 1/4 c cram fraich.
I've never purchased or tried cream fraische befor.

Take care,
SPOONS
My photo food log http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

Mike Carvin

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"SPOONS" writes:
> >
> >can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

> Of course... sour cream can can even be a substitute for sex.

Now we know how Sheldon spends his spare time ;-)

MikeC

Mike Carvin

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"SPOONS" writes:
> >
> >can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

> Of course... sour cream can can even be a substitute for sex.

Now we know how Sheldon spends his spare time ;-)

MikeC

Bob (this one)

SPOONS wrote:

> I'm using it for a banana bread recipe which calls for 1/4 c cram fraich.
> I've never purchased or tried cream fraische befor.

You can use virtually any cultured or soured milk product for that.
Yogurt, sour cream, mascarpone cheese, ricotta (either sieved or
processed), drained kefir or creme fraiche.

The different amounts of fat in each will give slightly different
finished results. The more fat, the more moist the bread.

Pastorio