Replacement beaters for Farberware mixer?

Old 01-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Mikko Peltoniemi
Usenet poster

Default Replacement beaters for Farberware mixer?

I have a Farberware stand mixer. But now one of the beaters
has gone missing. Any ideas where I could get replacement
beaters?

I've tried searching through Google Web search, and Froogle,
but just can't seem to find any... I hope I'm not out of
luck with these.

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Nancree
Usenet poster

I've tried searching through Google Web search, and Froogle,
but just can't seem to find any... I hope I'm not out of
luck with these.

---------------------------
http://www.mar-beck.com/

I found the above site (which advertises replacement parts). I found it on
"dogpile.com", which, in spite of its name, is a search engine which rivals
google. IMO
Nancree

Old 01-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Sam D.
Usenet poster

"Mikko Peltoniemi" wrote in message
I have a Farberware stand mixer. But now one of the beaters
has gone missing. Any ideas where I could get replacement
beaters?

I've tried searching through Google Web search, and Froogle,
but just can't seem to find any... I hope I'm not out of
luck with these.

You might try Ebay. I'm always amazed at the obscure stuff that people
are selling there.

I have an old (c. 1978) Sunbeam food processor and the cutting blade
broke. The part was obsolete and not available from any parts dealers
but there were people selling complete sets of used blades on ebay. I
bought a set of four blades and then got an email from a woman whom I
had outbid. She wanted to buy the shredder blade which I sold her. So
everyone was satisfied.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Denise~*
Usenet poster

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:25:48 -0400, Mikko Peltoniemi
wrote:

I have a Farberware stand mixer. But now one of the beaters
has gone missing. Any ideas where I could get replacement
beaters?

I've tried searching through Google Web search, and Froogle,
but just can't seem to find any... I hope I'm not out of
luck with these.

In order of likelyhood of finding

St Vincent De Paul
-I always see boxfulls of various beaters at the local one here.

Good Will

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"
Old 01-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Mikko Peltoniemi
Usenet poster

Sam D. wrote:

You might try Ebay. I'm always amazed at the obscure stuff that people
are selling there.

Ok, thanks. Couldn't find replacements directly from any of the websites
mentioned here (which Google suggested too), nor eBay. I guess I'll
email some stores and the manufacturer and ask about them. Plus eBay
might have them later on...

Old 06-08-2004, 09:01 AM
HiTech RedNeck

Sam D. wrote:

You might try Ebay. I'm always amazed at the obscure stuff that people
are selling there.

Ok, thanks. Couldn't find replacements directly from any of the websites
mentioned here (which Google suggested too), nor eBay. I guess I'll
email some stores and the manufacturer and ask about them. Plus eBay
might have them later on...

I sometimes still use a 20 year old household grade stand-type Sunbeam
Mixmaster. It works OK, though I have gone through several changes of
beaters as various scrapers have gotten caught in them or else the beaters
have gone rustier than a 1970 Chevy Vega in a junkyard. It doesn't help
that there is a little plastic button on the end of the rounded beater, that
catches all kinds of junk, holds moisture which foments rust, and is
difficult to clean out without using the dishwasher which of course also
encourages rust. The button is supposed to help turn the bowl, but beaters
where the button has popped off seem to turn the bowl just fine as well. I
have often wondered why doesn't Sunbeam, or some aftermarket firm (the
patent for this beater should be well expired by now), put out a stainless
steel, no-button beater to fit the Mixmaster. Sunbeam has a deluxe
Mixmaster (made in China) that uses a stainless beater, but the beater is a
different shape.

Death by Chocolate and Hand-Held Mixer Fred Baking 8 08-06-2004 10:11 AM
recommendations needed for GE 12 speed stand mixer Marulira General Cooking 6 19-04-2004 02:25 PM
Stand Mixer jmk Cooking Equipment 7 14-04-2004 01:28 AM
Is there a Heavy Dough mixer? Richard's ~JA~ General Cooking 9 29-02-2004 03:56 PM
Egg beaters a pain to clean Michel Boucher General Cooking 67 28-01-2004 06:02 PM