Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

Old 18-07-2004, 05:54 AM
BookWight
Usenet poster

Default Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig
Old 18-07-2004, 06:08 AM
Wayne
Usenet poster

BookWight wrote in
9:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

Ceramic cooktop cleaner.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Old 18-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Katra
Usenet poster

In article ,
BookWight wrote:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

Easy off oven cleaner

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 18-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Curly Sue
Usenet poster

On 18 Jul 2004 04:54:21 GMT, BookWight
wrote:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

Magic Eraser
Sue(tm)
Old 18-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Petey the Wonder Dog
Usenet poster

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
What do I try next?

You might want to splurge and get a new pan.

I don't know what it is that forms on these pans, but I DO know that in
some cases, it's the teflon itself bunching up next to scratches.

If you're a member at Sams or Costco, you can usually get about 4 or 5
pans for twenty bucks or so.
Old 18-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Puester
Usenet poster

BookWight wrote:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.

gloria p
Old 19-07-2004, 01:18 AM
A.C.
Usenet poster

BookWight wrote:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

try one of the suggested cleaning supplies and stop using that non stick
spray in your non stick pans :-)

Old 25-07-2004, 03:33 AM
hamez
Usenet poster

Puester wrote:
BookWight wrote:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.

gloria p

if you can get your hands on some eucalyptus oil, (try health food stores)
it works like a charm with just a bit of paper towel.

Hamez

Old 25-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Ms Leebee
Usenet poster

hamez wrote:
Puester wrote:
BookWight wrote:

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've
been unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or
teflon-safe scouring pads. What do I try next?

Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.

if you can get your hands on some eucalyptus oil, (try health food
stores) it works like a charm with just a bit of paper towel.

ooh yuck !
too strong an aftertaste!

Olive oil is more the go, IMO.