FoodBanter.com

-   -   Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/28517-sticky-gunk-non-stick.html)

BookWight 18-07-2004 05:54 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

Hi -
I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
scouring pads. What do I try next?

Craig

Wayne 18-07-2004 06:08 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

BookWight > wrote in
9:

> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Ceramic cooktop cleaner.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Wayne 18-07-2004 06:08 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

BookWight > wrote in
9:

> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Ceramic cooktop cleaner.

Donna Rose 18-07-2004 06:29 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

In article > ,
says...
> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Goo Gone
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

Donna Rose 18-07-2004 06:29 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

In article > ,
says...
> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Goo Gone

Katra 18-07-2004 10:49 AM

BookWight > wrote:

> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Easy off oven cleaner

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra 18-07-2004 10:49 AM

BookWight > wrote:

> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Easy off oven cleaner

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Curly Sue 18-07-2004 02:51 PM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

On 18 Jul 2004 04:54:21 GMT, BookWight >
wrote:

>Hi -
>I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
>unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
>scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
>Craig

Magic Eraser
Sue(tm)

Petey the Wonder Dog 18-07-2004 04:38 PM

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>What do I try next?

You might want to splurge and get a new pan.

I don't know what it is that forms on these pans, but I DO know that in
some cases, it's the teflon itself bunching up next to scratches.

If you're a member at Sams or Costco, you can usually get about 4 or 5
pans for twenty bucks or so.

Puester 18-07-2004 07:33 PM

BookWight wrote:

> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.

gloria p

A.C. 19-07-2004 01:18 AM

BookWight wrote:

> Hi -
> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
> unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
> scouring pads. What do I try next?
>
> Craig

try one of the suggested cleaning supplies and stop using that non stick
spray in your non stick pans :-)

hamez 25-07-2004 03:33 AM

Puester wrote:
> BookWight wrote:
>
>>Hi -
>>I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've been
>>unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or teflon-safe
>>scouring pads. What do I try next?
>>
>>Craig

> Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.
>
> gloria p

if you can get your hands on some eucalyptus oil, (try health food stores)
it works like a charm with just a bit of paper towel.

Hamez

hamez 25-07-2004 03:33 AM

Ms Leebee 25-07-2004 04:23 AM

hamez wrote:
> Puester wrote:
>> BookWight wrote:
>>
>>> Hi -
>>> I've got a non-stick pan with some sticky residue on it which I've
>>> been unable to remove with dish soap, hot water, cold water, or
>>> teflon-safe scouring pads. What do I try next?
>>>

>> Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.
>>

> if you can get your hands on some eucalyptus oil, (try health food
> stores) it works like a charm with just a bit of paper towel.

ooh yuck !
too strong an aftertaste!

Olive oil is more the go, IMO.

Ms Leebee 25-07-2004 04:23 AM

Katra 25-07-2004 04:33 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

In article >,
"Ms Leebee" > wrote:

> hamez wrote:
> > Puester wrote:

> >> Try GooGone. Available at target, hardware stores, etc.
> >>

> > if you can get your hands on some eucalyptus oil, (try health food
> > stores) it works like a charm with just a bit of paper towel.

> ooh yuck !
> too strong an aftertaste!
>
> Olive oil is more the go, IMO.

I was thinking the same thing...
That strong of an oil would _ruin_ the pan I think.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra 25-07-2004 04:33 AM

Michael Odom 25-07-2004 05:40 AM

Sticky gunk on non-stick pan - How to remove?

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:33:11 -0500, Katra
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "Ms Leebee" > wrote:
>
>> hamez wrote:

>> > if you can get your hands on some eucalyptus oil, (try health food
>> > stores) it works like a charm with just a bit of paper towel.

>> ooh yuck !
>> too strong an aftertaste!
>>
>> Olive oil is more the go, IMO.

>I was thinking the same thing...
>That strong of an oil would _ruin_ the pan I think.

Surely the oil could be washed out with good detergent. If I can wash
linseed oil out of brushes with dish soap, I'd be willing to bet I
could wash eucalyptus oil off a pan.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Michael Odom 25-07-2004 05:40 AM

hamez 25-07-2004 06:31 AM

Michael Odom wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:33:11 -0500, Katra
> > wrote:
>

>>In article >,

>>>ooh yuck !
>>>too strong an aftertaste!
>>>
>>>Olive oil is more the go, IMO.

>>I was thinking the same thing...
>>That strong of an oil would _ruin_ the pan I think.

> Surely the oil could be washed out with good detergent. If I can wash
> linseed oil out of brushes with dish soap, I'd be willing to bet I
> could wash eucalyptus oil off a pan.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

I can promise you, the oil leaves no residue, and because of the nature
of it,
it has natural solvent properties. i also use it to remove that pesky
residue that sticky labels leave on new things. it washes away cleanly...

cheers