j.j.

Default [OT] Gift for girl?

Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
the search results and tell me if this seems odd:

http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374

Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Katra

"j.j." wrote:

> Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
>
> http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
>
> Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...
>
> --

Too many choices on that link. :-)

You did not say how old she was......

Barbies are usually a good bet.

So is children's jewelry.

>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
SJWoodin

Katra -

I think you missed the point. Did you notice that the first "toy" was the
12" 'W' doll?

--
SJWoodin
Lurker extraordinaire
"Katra" > wrote in message

> "j.j." wrote:
> >
> > Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> > the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> > young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> > the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
> >
> > http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
> >
> > Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...
> >
> > --

> Too many choices on that link. :-)
>
> You did not say how old she was......
>
> Barbies are usually a good bet.
>
> So is children's jewelry.

> >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

> "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
> all owned by cats" -- Asimov
>
> Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Katra" > wrote in message
> "j.j." wrote:
> >
> > Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> > the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> > young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> > the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
> >
> > http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
> >
> > Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...

> Too many choices on that link. :-)
>
> You did not say how old she was......
>
> Barbies are usually a good bet.
>
> So is children's jewelry.

You mean the George W Bush aviator doll wouldn't be your first choice?
Doesn't every little girl want one?

I think Wolf should get one for Christmas. He'd probably sleep with it
every night.

rona

BOB

j.j. typed:
> Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
>
> http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
>
> Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...

I think that's why I stopped shopping KBToys a few years ago. Not many things
that I thought neices and nephews would actually want.

> --
> j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
> ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

LOL! This was just posted on a forum I check on once in a while...

Fish Heads
**********

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

In the morning
Laughing, happy
Fish Heads
In the evening
Floating in the soup

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

Ask a Fish head
Anything you want to
They won't answer
They can't talk

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

I took a Fish head
Out to see a movie
Didn't have to pay
To get it in

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm
They can't play baseball
They don't wear sweaters
They're not good dancers
They don't play drums

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

Rolly polly Fish heads
Are never seen drinking
Cappacino in Italian restaurants
With Oriental women...Yeah

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm...
(Yummm)

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm
YEAH!!!!!!!!!

by Barnes and Barnes
From the album: Voohbaha!

Chris

"j.j." > wrote in message
> Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
>
> http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
>
> Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...

Somehow, I think their selection may have been just a tad politically
motivated.

;-)

Good to know who we can trust to give us honest toy reviews, eh?

Gregory Morrow

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

> You mean the George W Bush aviator doll wouldn't be your first choice?
> Doesn't every little girl want one?
>
> I think Wolf should get one for Christmas. He'd probably sleep with it
> every night.

roflmao.....

--
Best
Greg ;---)

Jarkat2002

>Katra -
>
>I think you missed the point. Did you notice that the first "toy" was the
>12" 'W' doll?
>
>--
>SJWoodin

I would like that doll. Just sharpened my voodoo pins last night.

~Kat

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'. Yet if I
were not in this body, where would I be--perhaps I am destined to be classified
and qualified. But, oh, I cry out aginst it." --Sylvia Plath
Katra

I didn't see it?

K.

SJWoodin wrote:

> Katra -
>
> I think you missed the point. Did you notice that the first "toy" was the
> 12" 'W' doll?
>
> --
> SJWoodin
> Lurker extraordinaire
> "Katra" > wrote in message
> >

> > "j.j." wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> > > the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> > > young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> > > the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
> > >
> > > http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
> > >
> > > Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...
> > >
> > > --

> > Too many choices on that link. :-)
> >
> > You did not say how old she was......
> >
> > Barbies are usually a good bet.
> >
> > So is children's jewelry.

> > --
> > >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

> > "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
> > all owned by cats" -- Asimov
> >
> > Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Jeff Bienstadt

j.j. wrote:

> Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
>
> http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
>
> Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...

I told a coworker about this. He suggested that for a girl toy, a Clinton
doll might be more appropriate :-)

---jkb

--
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant
and a fat white guy who's threatened by change."

Gar

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:19:45 -0800, Jeff Bienstadt
> wrote:

>j.j. wrote:
>
>> Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
>> the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
>> young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
>> the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
>>
>> http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
>>
>> Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...
>>

>I told a coworker about this. He suggested that for a girl toy, a Clinton
>doll might be more appropriate :-)
>
>---jkb

Does the doll *** with Cuban cigars?

Gar
j.j.

Hark! I heard "Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > say:

<snip>

> I think Wolf should get one for Christmas. He'd probably sleep with it
> every night.

Rona, you have an evil mind. I like that... ;-D

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"j.j." > wrote in message

> Rona, you have an evil mind. I like that... ;-D
>

> --
> j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
> ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

Hey! It's not evil if it's *true*!! :-)

rona

maxine in ri

"j.j." wrote:

> Okay, totally OT, but I have to see if this is just me. I'm shopping
> the KB Toys site for Christmas gifties, and needed something for a
> young niece. I clicked on "Girl" toys; look at the first one item in
> the search results and tell me if this seems odd:
>
> http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3374
>
> Just what all the little girls are asking Santa for...
>
> --
> j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
> ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

Outside of the first one (my daughter decapitated all her dolls) the
girl-child would like cdplayers game players holders for cds dvds etc.

But then, she's my little goth-ling these days.

maxine in ri

Jean Clarke

How about an old but still presentable small trunk with travel stickers
on it, a flashy feather boa, a campy brimmed hat trimmed with flowers
and ribbons, some glitzy pumps (shoes), some clean but used dressy
dresses as close as you can get to her size, an assortment of facial
make-up, a hand-held mirror, some tap-shoes (Maryjanes with taps put on
by a cobbler), some dance music, tapes or CDs with lyrics. You can find
many things in thrift shops, like old jewelry and let her imagination
come into play. Plus it gives you a chance to use your's as well! Have
fun!

Just a Jeanie

Jarkat2002

>How about an old but still presentable small trunk with travel stickers
>on it, a flashy feather boa, a campy brimmed hat trimmed with flowers
>and ribbons, some glitzy pumps (shoes), some clean but used dressy
>dresses as close as you can get to her size, an assortment of facial
>make-up, a hand-held mirror, some tap-shoes (Maryjanes with taps put on
>by a cobbler), some dance music, tapes or CDs with lyrics. You can find
>many things in thrift shops, like old jewelry and let her imagination
>come into play. Plus it gives you a chance to use your's as well! Have
>fun!
>
>Just a Jeanie

Jeanie, My 4 year old would LOVE this!!! I mean *L*O*V*E* this! lol
I don't have the time before Christmas, but her birthday is just around the
corner.
I wonder where I could find an old small trunk for cheap?
~Kat

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'. Yet if I
were not in this body, where would I be--perhaps I am destined to be classified
and qualified. But, oh, I cry out aginst it." --Sylvia Plath

Chocolate Gift - Best Graduation Day Gift sachishah Chocolate 0 18-05-2013 07:01 AM
You Go, Girl! Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] General Cooking 29 10-03-2011 05:50 PM
Gift poll: favorite cooking gift jake General Cooking 32 10-12-2005 07:55 PM
Help a girl out.... suezeeque Beer 15 02-12-2005 04:42 AM
One smart girl Mr Smith Barbecue 1 29-03-2004 06:51 PM