alzelt

Default Speaking of Grand Marnier, how about some Drambuie

I love the taste of Grand Marnier after dinner. But during dinner, you
might want to try this recipe, made with scotch and drambuie. One of the
very best ways I have ever experienced eating salmon.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Scotch Salmon

Recipe By : The ARK Restaurant, Nahcotta, WA
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Dinner Fish
Main Dish Seafood

7 ounces salmon fillet -- dusted in flour
2 tablespoons clarified butter
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp shallots -- minced
1/2 tsp garlic -- minced
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp brown sugar
1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
1/4 cup blended scotch
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons Drambuie
cream fraiche (heavy cream)
candied orange zest ( orange zest)

Dust a 7 ounce salmon filet lightly in flour. In a saute pan, heat 2Tbsp
clarified butter and brown the fillet slightly on one side. Add salt and
pepper to taste, and turn to other side.

Add garlic, shallot, mustard and brown sugar.

After the ingredients cook for a few seconds, add the raspberry vinegar.
By now, the second side of the fillet will have browned slightly.

With the fillet still in the pan, deglaze it with the scotch. Add the
orange juice. Move the pan in a circular motion so ingredients marry.

Reduce sauce till it begins to thicken. finish with the heavy cream and
the Drambuie.

Garnish with the creme fraiche and candied orange zest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This recipe is from one of my most favorite restaurants in
Washington. Located about a three hour drive from Seattle, on the coast
in Nahcotta, it is adjacent to a large oyster processing plant. I
suggest you stay overnight at the Moby Dick B & B, located a couple of
blocks away (perfect to walk off dinner on the way to bed). It is on the
Long Beach peninsula, miles of wide open beaches, kite flying and an
annual world class kite flying contest. The peninsula is home to some
great cranberry bogs and the cranberry museum.

The two long time owner-chefs: Nanci Main and Jimella Lucas, have a well
deserved reputation for excellence and a deft touch with the stinking rose.

While this recipe may strike some as odd, I can assure you that the
taste is absolutely wonderful. A true treat-- Alan Zelt

--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

SportKite1

>From: alzelt

>I love the taste of Grand Marnier after dinner. But during dinner, you
>might want to try this recipe, made with scotch and drambuie. One of the
>very best ways I have ever experienced eating salmon.
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Scotch Salmon
>
>Recipe By : The ARK Restaurant, Nahcotta, WA
>Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
>Categories : Dinner Fish
> Main Dish Seafood

>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> 7 ounces salmon fillet -- dusted in flour
> 2 tablespoons clarified butter
> salt and pepper to taste
> 1/2 tsp shallots -- minced
> 1/2 tsp garlic -- minced
> 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
> 1/4 tsp brown sugar
> 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
> 1/4 cup blended scotch
> 1/4 cup orange juice
> 1/4 cup heavy cream
> 3 tablespoons Drambuie
> cream fraiche (heavy cream)
> candied orange zest ( orange zest)
>
>Dust a 7 ounce salmon filet lightly in flour. In a saute pan, heat 2Tbsp
>clarified butter and brown the fillet slightly on one side. Add salt and
>pepper to taste, and turn to other side.
>
>Add garlic, shallot, mustard and brown sugar.
>
>After the ingredients cook for a few seconds, add the raspberry vinegar.
>By now, the second side of the fillet will have browned slightly.
>
>With the fillet still in the pan, deglaze it with the scotch. Add the
>orange juice. Move the pan in a circular motion so ingredients marry.
>
>Reduce sauce till it begins to thicken. finish with the heavy cream and
>the Drambuie.
>
>Garnish with the creme fraiche and candied orange zest.
>

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>NOTES : This recipe is from one of my most favorite restaurants in
>Washington. Located about a three hour drive from Seattle, on the coast
>in Nahcotta, it is adjacent to a large oyster processing plant. I
>suggest you stay overnight at the Moby Dick B & B, located a couple of
>blocks away (perfect to walk off dinner on the way to bed). It is on the
>Long Beach peninsula, miles of wide open beaches, kite flying and an
>annual world class kite flying contest. The peninsula is home to some
>great cranberry bogs and the cranberry museum.
>
>The two long time owner-chefs: Nanci Main and Jimella Lucas, have a well
>deserved reputation for excellence and a deft touch with the stinking rose.
>
>While this recipe may strike some as odd, I can assure you that the
>taste is absolutely wonderful. A true treat-- Alan Zelt
>
>--
>Alan

Oh my, that sounds amazing! Perfect for Christmas or New Years Eve...and not
too spendy. Thanks for sharing!

Ellen

sf

How about just pouring "equal" parts (or to taste) of scotch
and Drambuie into a glass - over ice?

It's affectionately called a Rusty Nail. Yum!

Ron G

A fellow taught me a fantastic way to have Drambuie!!!!!!!!

Take a sip of hot Black coffee and hold it in your mouth.

Then take a sip of Drambuie, and let it mix in your mouth.

The flavor just explodes. I never knew that Drambuie could taste so good!!!!

Maybe everyone else knew this way, but he showed me 40+ years ago, and I
only sip it that way since.

Try it, and be ready for an absolutely wonderful taste surprise.

Best----
Ron

sf > wrote in message

> How about just pouring "equal" parts (or to taste) of scotch
> and Drambuie into a glass - over ice?
>
> It's affectionately called a Rusty Nail. Yum!
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

---

Grand Marnier Souffle sf General Cooking 19 02-12-2005 11:21 AM
GRAND MARNIER TRUFFLES Tim Recipes 0 17-07-2005 07:49 PM
Grand Marnier Echo44 Baking 6 17-02-2004 10:11 AM
How to use up Grand Marnier (I don't drink) I didn't drink the punch. General Cooking 14 24-12-2003 04:55 AM
Q: What to make w/Grand Marnier? Evil General Cooking 28 02-12-2003 08:12 AM