Sam D.

Default Disposible foam plates

> wrote in message
> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had foam
> plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, they are
> horrible. Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and they
> melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam plate
> and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing. Tomorrow I
> will return these plates to the store. Not only are they useless for
> hot foods, but I tend to wonder what harm that melted foam does when I
> eat it. I will never buy these again.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, or are these just lousy plates?

I think you just got some really poor quality foam plates. I buy foam plates
for twice-monthly dinner meetings at a club I belong to. We use about
90/month and have never had any problem. We use the Hefty brand heavy duty
,10 1/4 inch divided plates and buy them in packs of 175 at Costco. Actually
though, even when I have used cheaper quality foam plates in the past, I
never had a meltdown like what you are describing.

jmcquown

Sam D. wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had
>> foam plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, they
>> are horrible. Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate
>> and they melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the
>> foam plate
>> and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing. Tomorrow I
>> will return these plates to the store. Not only are they useless for
>> hot foods, but I tend to wonder what harm that melted foam does when
>> I eat it. I will never buy these again.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this problem, or are these just lousy plates?
>>

> I think you just got some really poor quality foam plates. I buy foam
> plates for twice-monthly dinner meetings at a club I belong to. We
> use about 90/month and have never had any problem. We use the Hefty
> brand heavy duty ,10 1/4 inch divided plates and buy them in packs of
> 175 at Costco. Actually though, even when I have used cheaper quality
> foam plates in the past, I never had a meltdown like what you are
> describing.

I wonder if he put them in the microwave... they are not meant for
re-heating.

Jill

hahabogus

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> I wonder if he put them in the microwave... they are not meant for
> re-heating.
>
> Jill

In the coffee break part of my Dept. (at work) before the Company started
it's no toaster policy, we used foam plates for the hot buttered
toast,bagels etc... It wasn't uncommon to have the melted butter that
dripped off, melt thru the foam plates. Foam plates are make for cold foods
as far as I can figure.

--
And the beet goes on! (or under)
-me just a while ago
Sheryl Rosen

in article , at
wrote on 12/6/03 3:08 AM:

> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had foam
> plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, they are
> horrible. Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and they
> melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam plate
> and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing. Tomorrow I
> will return these plates to the store. Not only are they useless for
> hot foods, but I tend to wonder what harm that melted foam does when I
> eat it. I will never buy these again.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, or are these just lousy plates?

Any hot greasy substance will melt the styrofoam plates. Fat retains heat
longer, so while the egg cools down enough to eat it between the pan and the
plate, the oil on the egg is still hot enough to melt the plate.

Not sure about the pancakes, but it's probably similar.

What does being a bachelor have to do with anything? If you're gonna prepare
yourself a meal, no matter how simple or elaborate it may be, why can't you
eat on a real plate? How long does it take to wash one plate and one fork
and knife?

They don't have to be expensive dishes. If you don't have dishes, run over
to a thrift store and pick up a couple plates, they don't even have to
match--you could get 4 dinner plates that will last you for years for the
cost of 2 packages of paper plates! You will save a lot of money, because
you won't have to keep buying disposable plates, plus it's much kinder to
the environment. And if those aren't good enough reasons, food tastes SO
much better on a real plate.

Just because you're a bachelor doesn't mean you can't treat yourself well.
You DESERVE to eat on real plates!!!! Please don't shortchange yourself just
because you don't have a partner!

Wayne Boatwright

Sheryl Rosen > wrote in
:

wrote on 12/6/03 3:08 AM:

>> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had
>> foam plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, they
>> are horrible. Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and
>> they melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam
>> plate and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing.
>> Tomorrow I will return these plates to the store. Not only are they
>> useless for hot foods, but I tend to wonder what harm that melted
>> foam does when I eat it. I will never buy these again.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this problem, or are these just lousy plates?
>>

> Any hot greasy substance will melt the styrofoam plates. Fat retains
> heat longer, so while the egg cools down enough to eat it between the
> pan and the plate, the oil on the egg is still hot enough to melt the
> plate.
>
> Not sure about the pancakes, but it's probably similar.
>
> What does being a bachelor have to do with anything? If you're gonna
> prepare yourself a meal, no matter how simple or elaborate it may be,
> why can't you eat on a real plate? How long does it take to wash one
> plate and one fork and knife?
>
> They don't have to be expensive dishes. If you don't have dishes, run
> over to a thrift store and pick up a couple plates, they don't even
> have to match--you could get 4 dinner plates that will last you for
> years for the cost of 2 packages of paper plates! You will save a lot
> of money, because you won't have to keep buying disposable plates,
> plus it's much kinder to the environment. And if those aren't good
> enough reasons, food tastes SO much better on a real plate.
>
> Just because you're a bachelor doesn't mean you can't treat yourself
> well. You DESERVE to eat on real plates!!!! Please don't shortchange
> yourself just because you don't have a partner!

Sheryl, I agree completely, and I would never want to eat my daily meals
on styrofoam plates. The OP, however, may just not want to wash dishes.
IIRC, they did not state the reason for using styrofoam. Styrofoam is
probably the cheapest, but heavyweight paper plates, plain or
plasticized, would be a far better choice.

Cheers,
Wayne
Michael Black

) writes:
> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had foam
> plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, they are
> horrible. Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and they
> melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam plate
> and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing. Tomorrow I
> will return these plates to the store. Not only are they useless for
> hot foods, but I tend to wonder what harm that melted foam does when I
> eat it. I will never buy these again.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, or are these just lousy plates?

Huh? People living alone don't wash dishes? What happens if you get
married, will you wash dishes then? Or do you expect the woman to
do the dishes, and since you don't have one of those, you use paper plates?

You want to save money? Buy some real plates, and wash them after each
meal.

Michael

Stan Brown

In article > in
misc.consumers, > wrote:
> Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and they
>melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam plate
>and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing.
>Not only are they useless for hot foods, but I tend to wonder what
>harm that melted foam does when I eat it.

Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
culling it can get.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Fortunately, I live in the United States of America, where we are
gradually coming to understand that nothing we do is ever our
fault, especially if it is really stupid. --Dave Barry
Siobhan Perricone

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 07:24:55 -0500, Goomba38 > wrote:

wrote:

>> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had foam
>> plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try.

>How hard is it to wash one plate? Think of the savings, think of the
>improved dining experience? Think of the world less more waste in the
>landfills? Geesh....

There is no such thing as no impact. Washing a plate takes energy to heat
the water, the sewage from washing (and the detergent) need to be processed
out at a plant, which produces pollutants and takes energy... Guess
it's just a question of which impacts you want to make.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"

Sheryl Rosen

in article , jmcquown at
wrote on 12/6/03 12:17 PM:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Sheryl Rosen > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> in article
, at

wrote on 12/6/03 3:08 AM:

> (snip)
>>> Any hot greasy substance will melt the styrofoam plates. Fat retains
>>> heat longer, so while the egg cools down enough to eat it between the
>>> pan and the plate, the oil on the egg is still hot enough to melt the
>>> plate.

> (snip)
> (snip)
>>
>> Sheryl, I agree completely, and I would never want to eat my daily
>> meals on styrofoam plates. The OP, however, may just not want to
>> wash dishes. IIRC, they did not state the reason for using styrofoam.
>> Styrofoam is probably the cheapest, but heavyweight paper plates,
>> plain or plasticized, would be a far better choice.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Wayne

> That's exactly why he's using 'paper' plates (or, in this case, styrofoam);
> he doesn't want to do dishes. There's nothing wrong with that, except you
> can't put really hot food on foam plates. So in this instance, he didn't
> know they aren't the same as paper or even heavy duty plasticized ones.

Did he say he didn't want to do dishes?
Because I don't remember reading that.
He may have alluded to that, with the comment "Being a bachelor", but
nowhere did he say he didn't want to wash dishes.

We all assumed that.

But nowhere is there any indication that of "exactly why he's using" them.

Goomba38

Siobhan Perricone wrote:

> There is no such thing as no impact. Washing a plate takes energy to heat
> the water, the sewage from washing (and the detergent) need to be processed
> out at a plant, which produces pollutants and takes energy... Guess
> it's just a question of which impacts you want to make.

And he isn't already washing the glass, cookware, silverware....? Adding one plate shouldn't take it over the edge. Heck, he could live it up and
have enough dishes to use them and load into the dishwasher and only run it when it's full. And that's only dealing with the cost/energy/waste
issue. I just can't fathom enjoying a meal off of a styrofoam plate....

Nancy Young

jmcquown wrote:

> That's exactly why he's using 'paper' plates (or, in this case, styrofoam);
> he doesn't want to do dishes. There's nothing wrong with that, except you
> can't put really hot food on foam plates. So in this instance, he didn't
> know they aren't the same as paper or even heavy duty plasticized ones.

I didn't really get the paper plate/bachelor connection, but I must
confess, when I'm alone, it's not unheard of that I will make a
sandwich right there on the paper I'm reading. Maybe even eat cold
chinese food out of the container. But buy paper plates? Not on
your life, except for tailgating, and then I get the Solo plastic (?)
ones. Eating from paper or styrofoam plates would give me the
willies. You know, like the feeling you get when eating ice cream
with those wooden sticks. Sends a shiver up my spine.

nancy
jmcquown

Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> in article , jmcquown at
> wrote on 12/6/03 12:17 PM:
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> Sheryl Rosen > wrote in
>>> :

, at

wrote on 12/6/03 3:08 AM:

>> (snip)

>> (snip)
>> (snip)
>>>
>>> Sheryl, I agree completely, and I would never want to eat my daily
>>> meals on styrofoam plates. The OP, however, may just not want to
>>> wash dishes. IIRC, they did not state the reason for using
>>> styrofoam. Styrofoam is probably the cheapest, but heavyweight
>>> paper plates,
>>> plain or plasticized, would be a far better choice.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Wayne

>> That's exactly why he's using 'paper' plates (or, in this case,
>> styrofoam); he doesn't want to do dishes. There's nothing wrong
>> with that, except you can't put really hot food on foam plates. So
>> in this instance, he didn't know they aren't the same as paper or
>> even heavy duty plasticized ones.

> Did he say he didn't want to do dishes?
> Because I don't remember reading that.
> He may have alluded to that, with the comment "Being a bachelor", but
> nowhere did he say he didn't want to wash dishes.
>
> We all assumed that.
>
> But nowhere is there any indication that of "exactly why he's using"
> them.

*We all assumed that.*
But you pick on ME for assuming the same thing. I'd say it's a fair
assumption. So get over it. Just because you can't get to Margaret's
doesn't mean you get to nit pick about what I type.

How did the dresser/w/smoke turn out?

Jill

Ignoring his agents flung open the hotel room door
and announced to the gathering crowd:

wrote:

>>> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had foam
>>> plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try.

>>How hard is it to wash one plate? Think of the savings, think of the
>>improved dining experience? Think of the world less more waste in the
>>landfills? Geesh....
>>

>Well, I dont have one plate.....
>I used to have many, and they laid around in the sink until they got
>disgusting. I threw them all out. I now have one of each, fork,
>spoon, butter knife, sharp knife, pot, frypan, spatula, and one real
>coffee mug. That's it. If I want a fork, I gotta wash it. I use a
>cast iron fry pan, and know not to wash it. Thats one less thing to
>wash. Somone advised me to do this, and they were right. No more
>dishes filling the sink.

guess you don't have any dates over for dinner either? ;-)

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email
PENMART01

In article >, Nancy Young
> writes:

>I didn't really get the paper plate/bachelor connection, but I must
>confess, when I'm alone, it's not unheard of that I will make a
>sandwich right there on the paper I'm reading. Maybe even eat cold
>chinese food out of the container. But buy paper plates? Not on
>your life,

I have six cats; el cheapo paper plates are worth their weight in gold.
I buy the cheapest ones I can find, in cases of 1000 for about $8.
At that price I use them too, mostly for sammiches, piece-a-pie/cake,
non-juicy stuff like that... but I often use em for fried foods (like bacon
and eggs), paper sucks out a lot of extra fat calories. I usta use those
woven bamboo plate holders, but recently I found plastic ones, they're
easily washable and last longer.... you really don't want to eat from a
paper plate that's in a woven bamboo plate holder that's been used for
canned cat food... well, okay, a sardine sammiche.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

ameijers

"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article > in
> misc.consumers, > wrote:
> > Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and they
> >melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam plate
> >and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing.
> >Not only are they useless for hot foods, but I tend to wonder what
> >harm that melted foam does when I eat it.

> Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
> culling it can get.

I doubt it will be a problem, Stan- a woman gets one look at his kitchen,
and she'll run like hell.....

(hey, I resemble that remark....)

aem sends.....

Goomba38

PENMART01 wrote:

> In article >, Nancy Young
> > writes:
>
> >I didn't really get the paper plate/bachelor connection, but I must
> >confess, when I'm alone, it's not unheard of that I will make a
> >sandwich right there on the paper I'm reading. Maybe even eat cold
> >chinese food out of the container. But buy paper plates? Not on
> >your life,

> I have six cats; el cheapo paper plates are worth their weight in gold.
> I buy the cheapest ones I can find, in cases of 1000 for about $8.
> At that price I use them too, mostly for sammiches, piece-a-pie/cake,
> non-juicy stuff like that...

Ok.. I might buy off on the cat thing as I skeeve cat food, but geez Sheldon...
I never would have thunk you'd use paper plates to eat off of...voluntarily?
The only positive here in my opinion is that at least paper isn't foam. Those
foam plates just make me shiver and gag for some reason.
Goomba

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
> Being a bachelor, I use a lot of paper plates. Recently they had foam
> plates on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, they are
> horrible. Yesterday I fried some eggs, put them on the plate and they
> melted right thru. Today I made pancakes, put them on the foam plate
> and they melted thru, pouring syrup all down my clothing. Tomorrow I
> will return these plates to the store. Not only are they useless for
> hot foods, but I tend to wonder what harm that melted foam does when I
> eat it. I will never buy these again.

Foam plates melt at about 200 degrees. Taking very hot food from the pan to
the plate can be a problem. Once cooled a bit, OK. The oils from cooking
can be in the 300 degree range. While it is a very good insulating
material, there is a limit to the heat it can take. Spoon some green bean
on it, slice some cooked meat, no problem. Fried foods right from the pan,
different situation.

As for harm, there is none if you ingest the material. It is styrene
plastic and inert to the body. I've worked with the material for 34 years
and it has not dimiged my brane sells et alll.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Katra

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This is the same troll who posted "I got kicked out of Thanksgiving",
> "WARNING: All Food is Bad for Your health", and "My hasband has his
> dick stuck in it <the turkey>".
>
> Amazing how adding one word: "bachelor" can turn an otherwise serious
> post into a hissy fit.
>
> -sw

Ya gotta admit tho', at least this troll is reasonably creative. :-)
Not like the road kill recipe troll! That one was not even worth the
effort. :-P

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
PENMART01

In article >, Goomba38 >
writes:

>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>> In article >, Nancy Young
>> > writes:
>>
>> >I didn't really get the paper plate/bachelor connection, but I must
>> >confess, when I'm alone, it's not unheard of that I will make a
>> >sandwich right there on the paper I'm reading. Maybe even eat cold
>> >chinese food out of the container. But buy paper plates? Not on
>> >your life,

>> I have six cats; el cheapo paper plates are worth their weight in gold.
>> I buy the cheapest ones I can find, in cases of 1000 for about $8.
>> At that price I use them too, mostly for sammiches, piece-a-pie/cake,
>> non-juicy stuff like that...

>Ok.. I might buy off on the cat thing as I skeeve cat food, but geez
>Sheldon... I never would have thunk you'd use paper plates to eat off
>of...voluntarily?

I'm tawking a dry sandwich here, not pot roast with gravy... anyone tells me
they put out their best china to eat a dawg onna bun or a burger during an
outdoor grillin' I call a fibber. I see nothing wrong with eating certain
foods off of paper, like why do I need a porcelain dish to eat a slice of
pizza, or a ham 'n swiss on rye, and a big heap of steaming hot freedom fries
taste a million times better off a cheap paper plate... besides, a freshly
peeled off the stack paper plate is far cleaner than any dish fished out of
your cupboard. And cheap paper plates are as biodegradeable as paper coffee
filters (and those, along with the grounds, go in my composter). Hmm, maybe
I'll begin tossing the paper plates into the composter too.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Becca

> Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
> culling it can get.

A friend of mine was flipping his fried eggs in the kitchen.
Something went wrong. One egg fell, it hit the cat on the top of the
head. The cat is not sterile but she stays out of the kitchen, now.

I wonder if this would work on kids...

Becca
Becca

PENMART01 wrote:

> I buy the cheapest ones I can find, in cases of 1000 for about $8.

I use them as "lids" in the microwave.

Becca

Stan Brown

In article <NLrAb.159619$Ec1.6216595@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net> in misc.consumers, ameijers
> wrote:

>> In article > in
>> misc.consumers, >

[claimed to eat food off melted foam plates]

>"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
>> culling it can get.

>I doubt it will be a problem, Stan- a woman gets one look at his kitchen,
>and she'll run like hell.....

LOL. Unfortunately, he probably goes to her place.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Fortunately, I live in the United States of America, where we are
gradually coming to understand that nothing we do is ever our
fault, especially if it is really stupid. --Dave Barry
ameijers

"Becca" > wrote in message
> > Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
> > culling it can get.

> A friend of mine was flipping his fried eggs in the kitchen.
> Something went wrong. One egg fell, it hit the cat on the top of the
> head. The cat is not sterile but she stays out of the kitchen, now.
>
> I wonder if this would work on kids...

Kids (and dogs) only get upset if the stuff that lands on them is painfully
hot. Other wise, it is a fun game. Cats are worried about their dignity.

aem sends....

Katra

ameijers wrote:

> "Becca" > wrote in message
> > > Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
> > > culling it can get.

> > A friend of mine was flipping his fried eggs in the kitchen.
> > Something went wrong. One egg fell, it hit the cat on the top of the
> > head. The cat is not sterile but she stays out of the kitchen, now.
> >
> > I wonder if this would work on kids...
> >

> Kids (and dogs) only get upset if the stuff that lands on them is painfully
> hot. Other wise, it is a fun game. Cats are worried about their dignity.
>
> aem sends....

I see you have cats..... ;-D

You may appreciate this one. One of my buddies sent this picture to me
last night. The comments that went with it had something to do with it
being football season and one too many margaritas, and one very pateint kitty!

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/Helmetkitty.jpg

Don't look too dignified tho'. <G>

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
PaulaGarlic

"Goomba38" > wrote

snipped

> Ok.. I might buy off on the cat thing as I skeeve cat food, but geez

Sheldon...
> I never would have thunk you'd use paper plates to eat off

of...voluntarily?
> The only positive here in my opinion is that at least paper isn't foam.

Those
> foam plates just make me shiver and gag for some reason.
> Goomba

Skeeve? I think you're only the second person I come across who uses that
word!

Paula

Wayne Boatwright

Katra > wrote in
:

> ameijers wrote:

>> > A friend of mine was flipping his fried eggs in the kitchen.
>> > Something went wrong. One egg fell, it hit the cat on the top of
>> > the head. The cat is not sterile but she stays out of the kitchen,
>> > now.
>> >
>> > I wonder if this would work on kids...
>> >

>> Kids (and dogs) only get upset if the stuff that lands on them is
>> painfully hot. Other wise, it is a fun game. Cats are worried about
>> their dignity.
>>
>> aem sends....

> I see you have cats..... ;-D
>
> You may appreciate this one. One of my buddies sent this picture to me
> last night. The comments that went with it had something to do with it
> being football season and one too many margaritas, and one very
> pateint kitty!
>
> http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/Helmetkitty.jpg
>
> Don't look too dignified tho'. <G>
>
> K.

I love that!

Our late cat, Margaret, carried herself with the ultimate of dignity. We
once had a large Amish doll dressed in typical Amish atire. On more than
one occasion Margaret suffered through wearing a bonnet and apron, and
was surprisingly good-natured about it. Oh, how I wish we had pictures!

Wayne
Katra

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Katra > wrote in
> :
>

> > ameijers wrote:

> >> Kids (and dogs) only get upset if the stuff that lands on them is
> >> painfully hot. Other wise, it is a fun game. Cats are worried about
> >> their dignity.
> >>
> >> aem sends....

> > I see you have cats..... ;-D
> >
> > You may appreciate this one. One of my buddies sent this picture to me
> > last night. The comments that went with it had something to do with it
> > being football season and one too many margaritas, and one very
> > pateint kitty!
> >
> > http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/Helmetkitty.jpg
> >
> > Don't look too dignified tho'. <G>
> >
> > K.
> >

> I love that!
>
> Our late cat, Margaret, carried herself with the ultimate of dignity. We
> once had a large Amish doll dressed in typical Amish atire. On more than
> one occasion Margaret suffered through wearing a bonnet and apron, and
> was surprisingly good-natured about it. Oh, how I wish we had pictures!
>
> Wayne

Cats that let kids play "dress-up" with them are always a real treasure.
:-) I have several cats. Wonderful little beasties...

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Katra

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:57:43 -0600, Katra >
> wrote:
>
> >'sides, I know some really creative ways to "consume" certain types of
> >foods..... <eg>

> I'm only about 20 miles away from you. Please send pictures.
>
> -sw

That's supposed to be "jpegs please"?

ROFL!!! %-D

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
PENMART01

Becca writes:

>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>>I buy the cheapest ones I can find, in cases of 1000 for about $8.

>I use them as "lids" in the microwave.

Me too... just be careful when nuking greasy food, those plates will then have
a propensity to combust. Hehe, I coulda wrote ignite...

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

Steve Sqwertz writes:

> Katra-inka wrote:
>
>>'sides, I know some really creative ways to "consume" certain types of
>>foods..... <eg>

>I'm only about 20 miles away from you.

You live in a trailer too...?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

"PaulaGarlic" writes:

>Skeeve? I think you're only the second person I come across who uses that
>word!

You've never been to Brooklyn.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skeeve

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Katra

PENMART01 wrote:

> Steve Sqwertz writes:
>
> > Katra-inka wrote:
> >
> >>'sides, I know some really creative ways to "consume" certain types of
> >>foods..... <eg>

> >I'm only about 20 miles away from you.

> You live in a trailer too...?
>
> Sheldon
> ````````````

<rolls eyes>

I don't live in a trailer...
Quit fantasizing about me and your trailer trash obsession! :-)

I hope your keyboard is still working.

If not, go here. This ought to take care of your fantasies for awhile.

http://www.fetishpink.com/sexyblondeslut/

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Stan Brown

In article > in misc.consumers, Becca
> wrote:
>> Hopefully they made you sterile; the next generation needs all the
>> culling it can get.

No, actually I said that. When you quote someone, please use proper
attributions.

Otherwise, especially as follow-ups accumulate, you end up making
people appear to have said things they were actually disagreeing
with.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Fortunately, I live in the United States of America, where we are
gradually coming to understand that nothing we do is ever our
fault, especially if it is really stupid. --Dave Barry
sf

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:13:15 -0600, Katra
> wrote:

> Ya gotta admit tho', at least this troll is reasonably creative. :-)
> Not like the road kill recipe troll! That one was not even worth the
> effort. :-P

Road Kill may seem creative to a newbie troll, but they
forget that we've seen it at least 50 million times - just
like the eating dog lines that appear from time to time.

What's With The Foam? Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 48 15-05-2012 02:19 AM
Foam zxcvbob Preserving 6 11-09-2009 06:39 PM
Foam top Wayne Harris Winemaking 3 29-03-2008 05:08 AM
Foam Davelcorp Tea 2 25-03-2006 03:26 PM
FOAM? Bob Winemaking 3 07-02-2005 05:00 PM