Ginny

Default Digital Probe Thermometer from America's Test Kitchen?

Hello,

A year or so ago, I saw a re-run of an episode of "America's Test
Kitchen" in which they tested digital probe thermometers.

Of course I didn't write down the test kitchen's choice when I saw the
show, and I'm now in the market for a new one. I visited their Web
site even though I know they don't have any information beyond the
last two seasons (which I think is RIDICULOUS!).

I'll be most grateful if anyone out there can recall which thermometer
they chose, and either e-mail me directly, or post on the group (or
both).

Thank you in advance.

-G
Robert Klute

On 20 Nov 2003 07:54:22 -0800, (Ginny) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>A year or so ago, I saw a re-run of an episode of "America's Test
>Kitchen" in which they tested digital probe thermometers.

Owen Instruments Thermapen 5

Available from
ThermoWorks, Inc.
(P.O. Box 605, American Fork, Utah 84003; 801-756-7705)
http://www.thermoworks.com/products/...tpen_home.html

The Taylor Model 9840 Digital Pocket Thermometer came in second, and the
Polder came in third (mainly because it is awkward as an instant read).
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Ginny" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> A year or so ago, I saw a re-run of an episode of "America's Test
> Kitchen" in which they tested digital probe thermometers.
>
> Of course I didn't write down the test kitchen's choice when I saw the
> show, and I'm now in the market for a new one. I visited their Web
> site even though I know they don't have any information beyond the
> last two seasons (which I think is RIDICULOUS!).
>
> I'll be most grateful if anyone out there can recall which thermometer
> they chose, and either e-mail me directly, or post on the group (or
> both).
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> -G

Coincidentally, I was just reading about that particular test yesterday. I
think it's only the recipes that they don't keep for more than two seasons.
To find the results of all of the equipment tests, go to
http://www.americastestkitchen.com/E.../default.shtml . You'll
also find the results of the timer/thermometer test there, if you're ever
interested in that type of thermometer.

rona