Sandy

Default Stick of Buttah!

Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
Thanks for the help!
Sandy

Scott Taylor

"Sandy" > wrote in message
.. .
> Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> Thanks for the help!
> Sandy

One stick of butter= 4 oz.

-Scott

Sandy

Thanks Scott, appreciate your help.

"Scott Taylor" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Sandy" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> > Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> > Thanks for the help!
> > Sandy

> One stick of butter= 4 oz.
>
> -Scott

Katra

Sandy wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> Thanks for the help!
> Sandy

Uh, ok... They don't have the measured labels like they do here? :-)

I buy butter by the lb. which contains 4 sticks.

That translates to 4 oz. per stick. 1 cup is 8 oz. which means that 1
stick is 1/4 lb. which is 1/2 cup.

I'm a little vague on the tablespoon translation, but I think 1 stick is
8 tablespoons???? Please correct that if it is wrong!

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Sandy"
> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> Thanks for the help!
> Sandy

I know it to be 1/4 of the lb.; i.e., 4 oz or ~ 115g
--
-Barb
State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Katra
> wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> > Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> > Thanks for the help!
> > Sandy

> Uh, ok... They don't have the measured labels like they do here? :-)

I can buy a one-pound brick of butter that bears no measurements. It's
a few cents cheaper than the quartered pound.

> I'm a little vague on the tablespoon translation, but I think 1 stick is
> 8 tablespoons????

It is 8 tablespoons.
--
-Barb
State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville
Senior Citizens Bake Sale, November 19, 2003; 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
Diamondhead Education Center, Burnsville Parkway & Nicollet Aves,
Burnsville. 952-707-4120
news.u.washington.edu

A stick of buttah is 1/4 pound or 1/2 cup. If yours comes in 1 pound blocks
(sorry I still don't do metric) just cut it in half the short way and in
half again the long way eh voila - you have 4, 1/4 pounds or 4, 1/2 cups of
the lovely stuff.
"Sandy" > wrote in message
.. .
> Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> Thanks for the help!
> Sandy

Barry Grau

"Sandy" > wrote in message > ...
> Can anyone tell me how much butter is a stick of butter,,,,,,,here in
> Canada,,,,,,,we buy it by the lb.
> Thanks for the help!
> Sandy

Doesn't Canada use the metric system?

1 stick is .25 lb.

-bwg
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Barry Grau" > wrote in message
om...

> Doesn't Canada use the metric system?
>
> 1 stick is .25 lb.
>
> -bwg

Officially, yes, but in supermarkets you can sometimes find prices for fresh
foods in both pound and kilos. Our butter comes in 454 gram blocks--most
blocks will have both 454g and 1lb written on them. AFAIK, only premium
butters (such as Lactancia cultured butter) in my area will come in sticks,
most are sold in blocks with lines (1/4cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup) on the side.
Most canned or prepackaged goods in Canada will come in sizes which are
metric equivalents to common US sizes. For example, a can of root beer is
355mL, which is about 12 oz. IIRC, canned drinks in the US come in 12 oz
cans. Our bottled drinks usually come in 500mL, 1L or 2 L sizes, though.

rona

Non-stick wok Rog General Cooking 5 06-02-2012 06:27 PM
non stick pan sf[_9_] General Cooking 22 03-08-2010 09:51 PM
Non Stick Wok or Not jt august[_2_] Cooking Equipment 6 22-06-2007 12:47 PM
Non Stick Wok or Not Peter A Cooking Equipment 5 16-06-2007 04:23 PM
Calphalon Pro non-stick ii vs commercial non-stick? Bill Cooking Equipment 7 19-11-2003 09:34 PM