The Puppy Wizard

Default Best way to stop digging ???

HOWEDY queenie,

"queenmother" > wrote in message
news
> "Jo Wolf" > wrote in message
> > I have known a couple of dogs
> > that have "mined" for earthworms for snacks. <blech>

> I've got two of these.

BWEEEEEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> We have the grass killed along our fenceline to make trimming

easier.
> And two schnauzers who consider this the ideal place to find

worms.
> Which they then eat. The ready dirt access means they don't
> have to wait for the perfect nightcrawler evening to do their

worm hunting.

BWEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> They come back into the house not only smelling of worm breath
> but it's not unusual to have pieces of dead worms in their

beards.
> Such lovely dogs they are!

You could train them not to do that in a couple minutes if you
knew HOWE. You don't know HOWE, you don't know NUTHIN
EXXXCEPT to AVOID HURT BRIBE PUNISH and INTIMIDATE
your dogs.

> They also consider rabbit poop to be almost as much a delicacy
> as cat poop - and a lot more accessible.

Your dogs will likely GET SICK from eatin poo poo.

> And crickets. They *love* crickets.

They carry salmonella and the bunnys carry giardia...

> And those days when the flies are coming up through
> the grass from underground.

You got any ADVICE, queenie?

> ~~Judy

No, you got the same same same same problem.

Can you tell a truth from a lie?
Take off your shoes and socks and see if
you can cHOWENT HOWE many LIES
are in the following QUOTES:

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting
> > > your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear
> > > biter, neither of which we want to do.

And then we got, matty! Follow his discussion!
This is what's called, a liar and dog abuser:

> > And neither does anyone else,
> > Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This I've Suggested It To Quite
A Few Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY
TIME The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer,
33 Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for her coment above
regarding her success with The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy
Separation Anxiety / Bed Time Calming Technique (STSA/BTCT)?

Perhaps you likeWIZE recall a pediatrician, Dr. Z, who commented
that his bed time calming technique was quite similar?

> > You're scary Marilyn.

> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed
> > individual. I feel very sorry for her
> > and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the
> > doubt, please provide a quote (an
> > original quote, not from one of Jerry
> > Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
> > shows a regular poster promoting or
> > using an abusive form of training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time, spray
one squirt
directly into the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog won't be too
thrilled
with this but just ignore him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
Grabbed
Her Opposite Foot With My Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her,
Smartly Growled Into Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly
Nipped Her
Ear," sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context,
because you are full of bizarro manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself.
Tougher, less tractable dogs may require
you to progress to striking them more
sharply," lying frosty dahl, ethical breeder,
expert trainer.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies HURT all
their lives like HOWE HOWER dog lovers PREFER to
HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

The Puppy Wizard sez a mom dog eatin her babies
to SAVE THEM from a fate like that, is COMMENDABLE.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL...

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should knee the dog in the
chest, step
on its toes, throw him down by his ears and climb all over it like
a raped
ape growling into his throat and bite IT on his ears, or leash pop
it on a
pronged spiked pinch choke collar or pop him in the snout with the
heel of
your palm.

:
> Uh, Frank? Who do you see denying anything?
> Its quite interesting that a newbie like yourself
> would see denials when everyone has Jerry
> killfiled and therefore don't even read his posts,
> let alone respond to them.

"Rocky" > wrote in message
. 1.4...

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you compare using sound and
> > praise to solve a problem with using
> > shock collars, hanging, and punishment
> > how can you criticize the use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning
> that you're a professor with 30 years of
> experience.

> So, can you cite some examples of
> people recommending "shock collars,
> hanging, and punishment"?

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

You think matty's playin with a full
goddamned deck?

matty's NOT a liar and dog abuser.

Isn't that true, Marilyn?

Of course not, but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

"Marshall Dermer" > wrote in message

> >Di,

> I don't believe you mentioned a particular
> kind of training. If you are interested in
> training retrieval behavior than do
> consider our own Amy Dahl's:

> The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a
> Well-Mannered, Obedient and
> Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a
> Day by John I. Dahl, Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are
proven liars and dog abusers, professor "SCRUFF SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A
Dog I Do Not Believe There Is A Single
Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A
Dog Is Anything But Destructive,"

LUCKY thing CHIN CHUCK absolutely don't
mean slap the goddamned dog, we'd look like
a conspiracy of LIARS and DOG abusers if
CHIN CHUCK DID mean SLAP the dog.

"I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get
a good working dog by making them unhapper,
fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty dahl.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE TRUTH?

> just $17.95 at Amazon.com.

> (Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
> few regulars here who are either ill-
> tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.)
> --Marshall

Or HOWE about HOWER just plain CRUEL
STUPID and ABUSIVE DOG ABUSERS,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more
frequent and heavy application of pressure
(PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher,
less tractable dogs may require you to
progress to striking them more sharply"

BUT NOBODY DOES THAT HERE...

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

OR ATTACKING HIS ABUSER.

"You can press the dog's ear with a
shotshell instead of your thumb even
get a studded collar and pinch the ear
against that Make the dog's need to stop
the pinching so urgent that resisting your
will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever
Ready Right Hand, As it catches on, try
using the stick and no ear pinch.

When the dog is digging out to beat the
stick and seems totally reliable without
any ear pinch, you are finished

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome"

If the dog drops it, chuck it solidly
under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps
because the ear is getting tender, or the
dog has decided it isn't worth it)" lying
frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap,"
professora gingold.

From: Marshall Dermer )
In article >
writes:

>> -snip headers etc.

>> Yes. you're right, I really should find
>> the book.. they don't have these books
>> in the local pet stores I frequent, where
>> do you find Koehler?

> I got a nice large print copy from
> Amazon.com

>Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland
Oregon. Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both
new and used books on its shelves. You
can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog
Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK
HOUSE (0876056575,

Here's some quotes and some methods right
outta your koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!"
into its
face for 5
seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar
and leash are more than adequate for any jerk
or strain that the dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then
he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where the dog
makes his
grab.

Before the teeth have reached their target,
the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems the dog is
suspended
in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover
his footing while he still had the strength
to renew the attack would be cruelty.

The only justifiable course is to hold him
suspended until he has neither the strength
nor inclination to renew the fight.

When finally it is obvious that he is
physically incapable of expressing his
resentment and is lowered to the ground,
he will probably stagger loop-legged for a
few steps, vomit once or twice, and roll
over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued,
on his side, is not pleasant, but do not
let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would
regard the foregoing types of protest as
"kid stuff" and would express his
resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these
extreme problems. Nearly always the
"protest biter" is the handiwork of a
person who, by avoiding situations that
the dog might resent, has nurtured the
seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable
and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
trainer" whose advice they may have
once rejected because it was incompatible
with the sugary droolings of mealy-
mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer
morally feels obligated to perform a "major
operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with
the dog that bites in resentment of the
demands of training, we will set our
example in that situation. (In a later
chapter we will deal with the with the
much easier problem of the dog that
bites someone other than his master."

Are we havin FUN yet?

Got a lite, professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

Peggy Elliott

I had a Dalmatian that loved to dig. Her reason was to cool off, tho. I
got her a kids wading pool and filled it with water and she never dug
again. Now I have hound who digs HUGE craters in search of critters as
yours does. Moles, voles, mice, bunnies, frogs, you name it... she will
eat anything. She's had a steady diet of cat poo for 3 years and she's
never gotten sick from it. But the cats are all healthy. ;^)
I just keep re-seeding. Putting dog poo on the offending spot will make
her stop digging there. Of course she just then starts a new spot. Its
a losing battle. I swear I'm going to break an ankle every time I mow
the back yard and hit a new crater. She is very industrious with her
craters. I should hire her out to an excavation company.
-Peg

writes:

> [...]

> person who, by avoiding situations that
> the dog might resent, has nurtured the
> seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
> the resultant growth with under correction.
>
> When these people reap their inevitable
> and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
> ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
> trainer" whose advice they may have
> once rejected because it was incompatible
> with the sugary droolings of mealy-
> mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
> and dog psychologists who, by the
> broken skins and broken hearts their
> misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
> of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
> since the dawn of time.
>
> "With more genuine compassion for the
> biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
> by those who are "too kind" to make a
> correction and certainly with more disregard
> for his safety, the professional trainer
> morally feels obligated to perform a "major

Al Bundy

"Peggy Elliott" > wrote in message
> I had a Dalmatian that loved to dig. Her reason was to cool off, tho. I
> got her a kids wading pool and filled it with water and she never dug
> again. Now I have hound who digs HUGE craters in search of critters as
> yours does. Moles, voles, mice, bunnies, frogs, you name it... she will
> eat anything. She's had a steady diet of cat poo for 3 years and she's
> never gotten sick from it. But the cats are all healthy. ;^)
> I just keep re-seeding. Putting dog poo on the offending spot will make
> her stop digging there. Of course she just then starts a new spot. Its
> a losing battle. I swear I'm going to break an ankle every time I mow
> the back yard and hit a new crater. She is very industrious with her
> craters. I should hire her out to an excavation company.
> -Peg

Dear Peg,

I dearly wish someone would take that Dalmation and crinkle it up into a
little ball and stuff it up your fat ****.

PENMART01

"Al Bundy" writes:

>"Peggy Elliott" wrote:
>> I had a Dalmatian that loved to dig. Her reason was to cool off, tho. I
>> got her a kids wading pool and filled it with water and she never dug
>> again. Now I have hound who digs HUGE craters in search of critters as
>> yours does. Moles, voles, mice, bunnies, frogs, you name it... she will
>> eat anything. She's had a steady diet of cat poo for 3 years and she's
>> never gotten sick from it. But the cats are all healthy. ;^)
>> I just keep re-seeding. Putting dog poo on the offending spot will make
>> her stop digging there. Of course she just then starts a new spot. Its
>> a losing battle. I swear I'm going to break an ankle every time I mow
>> the back yard and hit a new crater. She is very industrious with her
>> craters. I should hire her out to an excavation company.
>> -Peg
>>

>Dear Peg,
>
>I dearly wish someone would take that Dalmation and crinkle it up into a
>little ball and stuff it up your fat ****.

Sure, and then the **** would infect you with
a UK venereal disease; Spotted Dick!

Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY Peggy,

"Peggy Elliott" > wrote in message

> I had a Dalmatian that loved to dig.
> Her reason was to cool off, tho.

Right. There's several reasons dogs dig.
The subject was carefully reviewed by
The Puppy Wizard citing a quote from
the UofPA small animal behavior clinic.

The EXXXPERTS GOT NO METHOD to
break dogs of diggin, withHOWET HURTIN
THEM.

> I got her a kids wading pool and filled it with
> water and she never dug again.

Right. Her diggin was for climate control.

> Now I have hound who digs HUGE craters in
> search of critters as yours does.

Would you like to break their diggin habit
in a few minutes using non physical, scientific
and psychological techniques?

Or would you prefer to complain abHOWET
the behaviors your dogs do that you can't
train cause you don't know HOWE?

> Moles, voles, mice, bunnies, frogs, you name it...

IRRELEVENT.

> she will eat anything.

Ever heard of POISON PROOFIN?

> She's had a steady diet of cat poo for 3 years

Takes WON DAY to break dogs of eatin kat poo.

From: AIMEE )
Subject: House training and such...
Date: 2003-10-08 16:18:56 PST

I've been having a problem with my dog, Axel,
relieving himself in the house while I'm away
from home.

I've used TPW method's, and yesterday I was out
for 12 hours, and Axel didn't have one single "accident".

Today, I had hoped that the results would be just as
good - and they were (I was out for 11 hours).

The problem began when, as a puppy, Axel would
relieve himself in the house and I would point at the
mess and tell him "NO" or "Bad Dog".

That made him afraid to relieve himself in the house
or infront of me.

After I got TPW's training manual, I corrected my
mishandling of these instances.

When I came home to an "accident", I would simply
drop a can near the area and ask Axel "What's that?"
Then I would clean it up - with out showing him I was
the least bit upset about the mess, and when he looked
at the spot I would tell him "Good boy, you're a good dog".

This has been an ongoing problem, and thanks to the
Puppy Wizard, we've finally got it taken care of...

Also, Axel LOVES the cat's litter box...He enjoys the
"snacks" he can find in there...I followed TPW's methods
by alternating sounds and praising him while or before
he sticks his nose in it, and today, he's been going into
the room with the cat box and barking. That's because
he's thinking about getting into the box, but he knows he
shouldn't.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help. You've been a
blessing to all of us.

AIMEE

===================

> and she's never gotten sick from it.

Right. But that's not the point. Is it.

> But the cats are all healthy. ;^)

Good for you.

> I just keep re-seeding.

You think doin MOORE of the same
will get you different results?

> Putting dog poo on the offending spot will make
> her stop digging there.

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, that's not
addressing the PROBLEM... the CAUSE
of the digging.

> Of course she just then starts a new spot.

RIGHT.

> Its a losing battle.

You ready to STOP bein a LOSER?

> I swear I'm going to break an ankle every
> time I mow the back yard and hit a new crater.

That'll give you a great EXXXCUSE for not
being able to train your dog. Won't it.

> She is very industrious with her craters.

Digging is usually a symptom of ANXIHOWESNESS.

> I should hire her out to an excavation company.

Or you could just train IT not to do that noMOORE.

> -Peg

But you don't know HOWE.

From: AIMEE ):

I own a black an tan coonhound. We got him as a puppy, and
due to constant mishandling (pulling on his lead, negative
corrections, and the occasional use of a bark collar) I ended
up with a very anxious dog.

I couldn't leave him home alone, I couldn't crate him, I
couldn't even take my dog for walks because he feared
EVERYTHING.

I was going to have to get rid of him if things didn't turn
around.

My husband and I searched the internet for answers - AND WE
FOUND THE PUPPY WIZARD.

For all of you disbeliveers out there HIS METHODS WORK!

I've followed his manual, and we now have a dog that can be
left home alone, that heels on command, that can go outside
and NOT be afraid of everything he sees.

Not only have his methods helped our dog, but our marriage has
gotten better. We had fallen into a rut - constant bickering
and tension, we never laughed or had FUN together - but now,
with the same mindset used in THE PUPPY WIZARDS dog training,
our communications channels have opened, and we now work
together instead of against one another.

For all the "Literalists" out there, NO WE DID NOT TEACH EACH
OTHER TO SIT, STAY, OR HEEL.

We simply eliminated the nagging and the acting out to get
NEGATIVE attention from one another since we weren't getting
the POSITIVE attention we wanted.

So, it's been proven - THE PUPPY WIZARDS METHODS WORK.
It's up to you to accept them. Yes, there's alot of blame that we
have to accept, but once we realize that we've caused these
problems to arise, we can strive to make things better.

AIMEE

=================

Nan

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:09:15 -0500, "Al Bundy" <don't email.me@all>
wrote:

>"Peggy Elliott" > wrote in message
>> I had a Dalmatian that loved to dig. Her reason was to cool off, tho. I
>> got her a kids wading pool and filled it with water and she never dug
>> again. Now I have hound who digs HUGE craters in search of critters as
>> yours does. Moles, voles, mice, bunnies, frogs, you name it... she will
>> eat anything. She's had a steady diet of cat poo for 3 years and she's
>> never gotten sick from it. But the cats are all healthy. ;^)
>> I just keep re-seeding. Putting dog poo on the offending spot will make
>> her stop digging there. Of course she just then starts a new spot. Its
>> a losing battle. I swear I'm going to break an ankle every time I mow
>> the back yard and hit a new crater. She is very industrious with her
>> craters. I should hire her out to an excavation company.
>> -Peg
>>

>Dear Peg,
>
>I dearly wish someone would take that Dalmation and crinkle it up into a
>little ball and stuff it up your fat ****.

PLONK!