Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and why ?

What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
please separately say why, for each one named.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 3:06*am, Ron > wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

This is the only sub I ever order: Subway Club on 9 grain wheat bread
with double meat (roast beef, ham & turkey), pepper jack cheese, mayo
and that "southwestern" sauce, sprouts or spinach, tomatoes, onion,
banana peppers and a few carefully hidden jalapenos (I like 'em when I
don't know I'm going to bite into one but if I know where they are I
avoid 'em.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ron" > wrote in message
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

I haven't had a Subway in years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 5:06*pm, Ron > wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

We dont do subway

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ron" > wrote in message
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

I hate Subway. I am overwhelmed by the smell of the mystery chemistry on
the lettuce when I open the door. Yuck.

I've gotten to where I don't eat lettuce on anything from any fast food
place. I don't buy bag lettuce of any brand either.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ron wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

Cold Cut Combo Sub - Reminds me of the hoagies I had as a kid growing up
in Philadelphia.

Buffalo Chicken Sub, I like hot spicy food....
--
Skype <fxdlrider2>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 6:33*am, "Ms P" > wrote:
> "Ron" > wrote in message

> > What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> > please separately say why, for each one named.

> I hate Subway. *I am overwhelmed by the smell of the mystery chemistry on
> the lettuce when I open the door. *Yuck.
>
> I've gotten to where I don't eat lettuce on anything from any fast food
> place. *I don't buy bag lettuce of any brand either.
>
> Ms P

i don't got to subway either. i like the quizno's "kid sandwich meal"
comes with a small drink, and either a cookie or a bag of chips & then
add on a cup of soup. plenty of food, and a lower price.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 01:06:32 -0800 (PST), Ron >
wrote:

>What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>please separately say why, for each one named.

Who are three people (public figures) you'd like to have dinner with
and why?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 07:03:25 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Ron" > wrote in message
>> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>> please separately say why, for each one named.

>I haven't had a Subway in years.

I wonder if this person is on the Subway Diet. He should be posting
in alt.fastfoods anyway. <slapping forehead> Oh, duh. Ron's another
sock puppet.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 10:06*am, Ron > wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

When I was working in the cold california peach orchards at night I
always broght a footlong philly cheese steak sandwich.

Reason? felt most like a real meal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:34:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Mon 02 Nov 2009 09:29:53a, sf told us...
>
>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 01:06:32 -0800 (PST), Ron >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>>>please separately say why, for each one named.

>> Who are three people (public figures) you'd like to have dinner with
>> and why?
>>

>Are these all job interview questions?

Don't you hate that kind of sh*t? Questions like that leave me
absolutely speechless. I don't eat Subway sandwiches and I don't want
to have dinner with *any* public figure. Let's have a real
conversation (about the job or whatever) instead. How did those kinds
of questions become popular and why?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 3:06*am, Ron > wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

My usual is a footlong roasted chicken breast on Monterey cheddar
bread, untoasted, with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black
olives and southwest chipotle sauce. Today I deviated and ordered a
turkey on wheat and the girl behind the counter gave me regular
mustard instead of the honey mustard I specifically asked for. I was
and remain a tad miffed about that. I hope this satisfies your morbid
curiosity.
Member

I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if it is any good
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:
> On 2-Nov-2009, Ron > wrote:
>
>> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>> please separately say why, for each one named.

Years ago when I ate Subways, it was turkey, cheese, lettuce,
tomato, oil and vinegar, green pepper, black olives, jalapenos
with the Italian spice blend.

At a good local place, it is often sausage and meatballs and
peppers if I know the source of the sausage.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I can almost recite it in my sleep!
"Footlong Italian herb and cheese,
roasted chicken with provolone, toasted--
tomatoes, red onion and lettuce,
jalapeno on one half ( for MY other half)
oil and vinegar."

I am happy that Subway is now affiliated with so many gas stops. Easy
and quick in and out when you are on the interstates - no more waiting
to be seated, order, eat, wait for bill.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>please separately say why, for each one named.

Spicy Italian with provolone, toasted, with lettuce for crunch,
tomatoes for some flavor, yellow peppers for salt and crunch, oil and
vinegar for richness and bite.

I'm trying to think if I ever get anything else...

Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Old Harley Rider" > wrote in message
g.com...

> Ron wrote:
>> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>> please separately say why, for each one named.

> Cold Cut Combo Sub - Reminds me of the hoagies I had as a kid growing up
> in Philadelphia.
>
> Buffalo Chicken Sub, I like hot spicy food....
> --
> Skype <fxdlrider2>

Another vote for "Cold Cut Combo Sub", the foot long version; I eat 2/3; the
little woman eats 1/3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:44:50 -0500, Old Harley Rider >
wrote:

-->
-->
-->Ron wrote:
-->> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
-->> please separately say why, for each one named.
-->
-->Cold Cut Combo Sub - Reminds me of the hoagies I had as a kid growing up
-->in Philadelphia.
-->
-->Buffalo Chicken Sub, I like hot spicy food....

Turkey breast on whole wheat with handfulls of hot peppers
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 3:06*am, Ron > wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

Andy, is that you?

I never go to Subway because every single shop I've been in in this
area is filthy and the servers are disgusting. I wouldn't eat
anything from there if I were starving.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana
> wrote:

>I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
>has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if it is
>any good

I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did fast
food for lunch. I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these days
because they're not very good and a total rip-off. I went in a subway
a few years ago and it was horrible. About a year ago a customer got
me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic. It tasted ok but
there wasn't any meat on the thing.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:47:11 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Nov 2, 3:06*am, Ron > wrote:
>> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>> please separately say why, for each one named.

>Andy, is that you?
>

>I never go to Subway because every single shop I've been in in this
>area is filthy and the servers are disgusting. I wouldn't eat
>anything from there if I were starving.

Don't be afraid to say how you feel Nancy2. <g>

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Three for dinner (was What are your 2 favorite Subway)

sf wrote:

> Who are three people (public figures) you'd like to have dinner with
> and why?

You didn't say they had to be alive, did you?

Tina Turner because her energy astounds me.

Eleanor Roosevelt because her achievements astound me.

Julia Child because it would be a superb dinner and I want to
hear her accent one more time.

Oh, wait...just three? There are so many more on my list.
I think Barack Obama and family are at #4.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Ron > wrote:

> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

Veggie Delight. I can eat a whole one and feel satisfied, but not
stuffed, after doing so.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

AnnaBanana wrote:

> I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
> has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if it
> is any good

That sounds good...I like the sweet onion teriyaki on a wrap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ron wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

None of them. When I want a sub I go to a local evil mom & pop deli that
uses quality meats and great rolls from a local Italian bakery.
Sandwiches are fantastic and they cost 60% of subway to boot. And the
evil wife makes different home made soup everyday. My second choice only
because of distance is a banh mi dac biet from an evil mom & pop
Vietnamese sandwich shop in NYC.

Since this is a cooking group are you trying to recreate that great
industrial food experience at home?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 3:06*am, Ron > wrote:
> What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
> please separately say why, for each one named.

Their bread is so repulsive smelling that I try to avoid the local
WalMart during the hours that the Subway is open. During the warmer
months I can enter and exit through the garden center. Ick.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:09:06 GMT, l, not -l wrote:

> On 2-Nov-2009, "gloria.p" > wrote:
>
>> At a good local place, it is often sausage and meatballs and
>> peppers if I know the source of the sausage.
>>
>> gloria p

> Now long out of business )caught too many times selling booze to underage
> patrons) there used to be a place here (STL) that had the best meatball
> subs. They took a pair of tongs and hollowed out half a baguette-style
> loaf, then shoved in (a slice of provolone, a meatbal, some sauce) repeat
> for a total of 3 meatballs) - oh man was it good and not too messy to eat.
> 8-)

a good meatball sub is hard to beat. sadly, there's no place near me that
has one.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:34:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Mon 02 Nov 2009 09:29:53a, sf told us...
>
>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 01:06:32 -0800 (PST), Ron >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What are currently your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and
>>>please separately say why, for each one named.

>> Who are three people (public figures) you'd like to have dinner with
>> and why?
>>

> Are these all job interview questions?

what kind of sub do you see yourself eating in five years?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:09:19 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana
> > wrote:
>

>>I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
>>has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if it is
>>any good

> I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did fast
> food for lunch. I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these days
> because they're not very good and a total rip-off. I went in a subway
> a few years ago and it was horrible. About a year ago a customer got
> me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic. It tasted ok but
> there wasn't any meat on the thing.
>
> Lou

that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three slices
of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh, and pink
tomatoes.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 3:12*pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:09:19 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana
> > > wrote:

> >>I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
> >>has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? *I am really curious if it is
> >>any good

> > I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did fast
> > food for lunch. *I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these days
> > because they're not very good and a total rip-off. *I went in a subway
> > a few years ago and it was horrible. *About a year ago a customer got
> > me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic. *It tasted ok but
> > there wasn't any meat on the thing.

> > Lou

> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. *three slices
> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. *oh, and pink
> tomatoes.

While that is the case for Jimmy John's, Subway, Quiznos, and I'm sure
many others, Subway has the added strike of having nasty smelling
bread, and Quiznos--at least around here--has had a lot of cleanliness
issues, which suggests a lack of proper oversight of franchisees at
all owner operated stores. Another downside is that the "roast bef"
is lunchmeat, not roasted beef, like you'd get at a Lion's Choice, a
local fast food chain.

> your pal,
> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three slices
> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh, and pink
> tomatoes.

That is my objection to sub shops in general. They tend to be lettuce
sandwiches with a little meat and some insipid looking tomato slices. I
used to go to a German Deli and get a nice helping of freshly cut cold
cuts with some nice cheese on a fresh roll for about a third the cost of
a sub. If I wanted more I could get a second one and it would still cost
less than a sub. They were really fast making them and at noon hour they
would have a bunch freshly made, so it was really quick to pop in and
grab lunch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:09:19 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
>>> has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if it is
>>> any good

>> I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did fast
>> food for lunch. I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these days
>> because they're not very good and a total rip-off. I went in a subway
>> a few years ago and it was horrible. About a year ago a customer got
>> me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic. It tasted ok but
>> there wasn't any meat on the thing.
>>
>> Lou

> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three slices
> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh, and pink
> tomatoes.
>
> your pal,
> blake

But thats todays reality. Everything seems to operate on perception not
truth. Put marketing spin on anything and the folks will nod their heads
and get in line.

I have mentioned some great local delis here that build great subs (and
for a lot less) and 99% of the time get the "I have been programmed by
marketing to love only big box industrial places deer in headlights look".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:00:09 -0500, George >
wrote:

>> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three slices
>> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh, and pink
>> tomatoes.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>But thats todays reality. Everything seems to operate on perception not
>truth. Put marketing spin on anything and the folks will nod their heads
>and get in line.
>
>I have mentioned some great local delis here that build great subs (and
>for a lot less) and 99% of the time get the "I have been programmed by
>marketing to love only big box industrial places deer in headlights look".

I was just looking at the adds that came today. One place has a 3
foot turkey and cheese sub for $8.99. Last week they had a 3 foot
Italian sub for $10.88. You need to order 2 hours ahead but they
blow the sandwich chains away.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:09:06 GMT, l, not -l wrote:
>
>> On 2-Nov-2009, "gloria.p" > wrote:
>>
>>> At a good local place, it is often sausage and meatballs and
>>> peppers if I know the source of the sausage.
>>>
>>> gloria p

>> Now long out of business )caught too many times selling booze to underage
>> patrons) there used to be a place here (STL) that had the best meatball
>> subs. They took a pair of tongs and hollowed out half a baguette-style
>> loaf, then shoved in (a slice of provolone, a meatbal, some sauce) repeat
>> for a total of 3 meatballs) - oh man was it good and not too messy to eat.
>> 8-)

> a good meatball sub is hard to beat. sadly, there's no place near me that
> has one.
>
> your pal,
> blake

If I go in that direction (in general; I have never been to
Subway), I get eggplant. Actually, it is easy enough to slap
together at home--hot eggplant parm, if not cheesy, add some more
cheese (probably mozzarella), put on nice crusty bread, add some
of the ground red pepper (the vinegar-packed Italian stuff; before
that was available, I had been known to use sambal oelek). Heat.
Voila. I'd use the same formula for meatball subs--but I so
like the eggplant ones that that never gets done.

My favorite cold sub is Italian--w/ the same type of ground
peppers, tomato, pickle. I hate lettuce on it. Either a tiny bit
of onion, or none, for me. I can make a decent on of those at
home too, but it's kind-of a pain getting little dribbles of the
various cold cuts and cheeses.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:34:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Mon 02 Nov 2009 09:29:53a, sf told us...

>>> Who are three people (public figures) you'd like to have dinner with
>>> and why?
>>>

>> Are these all job interview questions?

> what kind of sub do you see yourself eating in five years?
>
> your pal,
> blake

Heh! The same?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:09:19 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
>>> has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if it is
>>> any good

>> I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did fast
>> food for lunch. I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these days
>> because they're not very good and a total rip-off. I went in a subway
>> a few years ago and it was horrible. About a year ago a customer got
>> me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic. It tasted ok but
>> there wasn't any meat on the thing.
>>
>> Lou

> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three slices
> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh, and pink
> tomatoes.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Well, we used to go to Quizno's when my daughter liked that. I
thought the meat was pretty generous, but that may have changed
over the years.

I fail to understand why even most supposedly good restaurants
persist in serving those god-awful tomatoes, even during tomato
season.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:09:19 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> I love the italian BMT (big meat trio)..yummmm
>>> has anyone tried the new buffalo chicken? I am really curious if
>>> it is any good

>> I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did
>> fast food for lunch. I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these
>> days because they're not very good and a total rip-off. I went in a
>> subway a few years ago and it was horrible. About a year ago a
>> customer got me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic.
>> It tasted ok but there wasn't any meat on the thing.
>>
>> Lou

> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three
> slices of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh,
> and pink tomatoes.

^^^

blake the HOMOPHOBE...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> blake murphy wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:09:19 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:11 +0000, AnnaBanana

>>> I liked the BMT 20 years ago when I was working and sometimes did fast
>>> food for lunch. I won't go to any of the sandwich shops these days
>>> because they're not very good and a total rip-off. I went in a subway
>>> a few years ago and it was horrible. About a year ago a customer got
>>> me a jimmy john's beef sandwich and it was pathetic. It tasted ok but
>>> there wasn't any meat on the thing.
>>>
>>> Lou

>> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. three
>> slices
>> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. oh, and pink
>> tomatoes. your pal,
>> blake

> But thats todays reality. Everything seems to operate on perception not
> truth. Put marketing spin on anything and the folks will nod their heads
> and get in line.
>
> I have mentioned some great local delis here that build great subs (and
> for a lot less) and 99% of the time get the "I have been programmed by
> marketing to love only big box industrial places deer in headlights look".

It is so much better to buy the meat at the deli conter of the supermarket,
and the cheese, and the bread. Sure, it may cost you more than $3 but what
you wind up with making yourself is a hell of a lot better. And not just a
stack full of lettuce with a tiny slice of meat and cheese. Don't buy into
the commercials. Do you actually think the sandwiches and burgers they show
on television come out looking like that? Ever see the movie 'Falling
Down'?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> that's my objection to subway, quizno's or the other chains. *three slices
> of meat and as much lettuce as you can possibly handle. *oh, and pink
> tomatoes.

Lol, I was surprised to see how much meat they stuff in them compared
to danish standards. I grew up on pink tomatos, so no surprise there.