Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Today is "National Minced Meat Day"?

Today is "National Minced Meat Day"?

AM TV news talking heads declared today "National Mincde Meat Day!"

I thought that was a British dish.

And who declared such a holiday?

??

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Today is "National Minced Meat Day"?
>
> AM TV news talking heads declared today "National Mincde Meat Day!"
>
> I thought that was a British dish.
>
> And who declared such a holiday?
>
> ??

LOL
I make my version starting from finely minced carrot, onion and celery
sauteed in EVO oil, then add minced meat and a little white wine, a drop of
concentrated tomato paste and let it simmer about an hour, then add roughly
sliced onion, salt and pepper and cook another 30 minutes. It's an easy and
quick dish I learned when I was 12 or 13 and still do.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 26, 11:24*am, "ViLco" > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Today is "National Minced Meat Day"?

> > AM TV news talking heads declared today "National Mincde Meat Day!"

> > I thought that was a British dish.

> > And who declared such a holiday?

> > ??

> LOL
> I make my version starting from finely minced carrot, onion and celery
> sauteed in EVO oil, then add minced meat and a little white wine, a drop of
> concentrated tomato paste and let it simmer about an hour, then add roughly
> sliced onion, salt and pepper and cook another 30 minutes. It's an easy and
> quick dish I learned when I was 12 or 13 and still do.
> --
> * Vilco
> Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza
> qualcosa da bere a portata di mano

Sounds like a Sloppy Joe, although more complicated than most. ;-)

N.