Leftovers tonight

Old 15-10-2009, 01:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftovers tonight

Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.

The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe
I had taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready
when I got home from my volunteer day.

You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first
time he has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor
grilling portion of occasional dinners.

He was suitably thanked.

See, there's always hope....

gloria p
Old 15-10-2009, 02:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote in news:7jnadpF361stcU1
@mid.individual.net:

Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.

The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe
I had taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready
when I got home from my volunteer day.

You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first
time he has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor
grilling portion of occasional dinners.

He was suitably thanked.

See, there's always hope....

LOL!! The normal female response would have been "What have you done
wrong??" ;-)

But you're right, dishes like Moussaka, spag bol, curry etc *all* taste
better a couple of days after being cooked.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Old 15-10-2009, 04:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.

The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe I had
taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready when I got
home from my volunteer day.

You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first time he
has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor grilling
portion of occasional dinners.

He was suitably thanked.

See, there's always hope....

gloria p

How wonderful, maybe he will take up cooking as a hobby.

Becca
Old 15-10-2009, 05:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.

The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe I had
taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready when I got
home from my volunteer day.

You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first time he
has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor grilling
portion of occasional dinners.

He was suitably thanked.

See, there's always hope....

Thank goodness I have used up the leftover turkey. I am done with it for
a while. My wife made a nice Turkey Divine on Tuesday. It is a great way
to use up leftover turkey.... layers of turkey, broccoli and white sauce
then topped with grated Parmesan. However..... I discovered last night
that leftover Turkey Divine is not very good. The turkey is drier, the
sauce is drier, the broccoli is foul. Grilled steaks tonight!!
Old 15-10-2009, 05:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
Gloria P wrote:

Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.

The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe I had
taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready when I got
home from my volunteer day.

You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first time he
has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor grilling
portion of occasional dinners.

He was suitably thanked.

See, there's always hope....

gloria p

How wonderful, maybe he will take up cooking as a hobby.

Becca

Very doubtful. He thinks the only good refrigerator is an empty
one, there should be nothing "extra" in it, but always enough for
the next meal. Oh, and shopping is a dirty word. Yes, strange,
but I manage to live with it.

gloria p
Old 15-10-2009, 05:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria wrote:

Very doubtful. He thinks the only good refrigerator is an empty one,
there should be nothing "extra" in it, but always enough for the next
meal. Oh, and shopping is a dirty word. Yes, strange, but I manage to
live with it.

Does he know that a full refrigerator uses less electricity than an empty
one?

Bob

Old 15-10-2009, 10:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:58:31 -0600, Gloria P
wrote:

Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.

The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe
I had taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready
when I got home from my volunteer day.

You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first
time he has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor
grilling portion of occasional dinners.

He was suitably thanked.

See, there's always hope....

Congratulations!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Old 16-10-2009, 01:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:48:55 -0600, Gloria P
wrote:

Very doubtful. He thinks the only good refrigerator is an empty
one, there should be nothing "extra" in it, but always enough for
the next meal. Oh, and shopping is a dirty word. Yes, strange,
but I manage to live with it.

Did your husband and my husband belong to the same fraternity?

Old 16-10-2009, 01:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Very doubtful. He thinks the only good refrigerator is an empty
one, there should be nothing "extra" in it, but always enough for
the next meal. Oh, and shopping is a dirty word. Yes, strange,
but I manage to live with it.

Did your husband and my husband belong to the same fraternity?

Could be. He was an ATO.

;-)

gloria p