Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lemon-Tarragon Chicken

On Mon, 11 May 2009 07:26:48 -0500, wrote:

> Me I'll just substitute.

As you should. I use margarine exclusively in baking and cooking at
(88% less, in my area) a fraction of the cost. Butter is saved for
the table for Overnight Yeast Rolls.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Overnight Yeast Rolls

breads

3 tablespoon yeast
1 cup water, warm 105F.
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water, boiling
2 large eggs
6 cup flour

Proof yeast in 2 cup measure and let stand 5 minutes.

Combine shortening, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Add boiling water
and
beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and
yeast mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Gradually add flour
and
mix completely. Cover work bowl and chill for 8 hours.

Shape into 1 inch balls and place 3 balls in each greased muffin cup.

Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or double.

Bake at 400F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

CINNAMON ROLLS:

Divide chilled dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12 x 10
rectangle.
Brush each rectangle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Combine 2/3 cup
brown sugar, « cup raisins, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon, Sprinkle over
rectangles. Staring with a long side, roll up, jellyroll fashion and
press
edges to seal. Cut into 1 inch slices and place in lightly greased 13
x 9
pan. Let rise until double and bake as directed. Cool slightly.

Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon
vanilla. Drizzle over warm rolls.

ORANGE ROLLS:

Divide dough as above. Combine 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons
grated orange rind, 1/4 cup butter, melted and 3 tablespoons orange
juice.
Proceed as above.

Glaze: Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, and 3
tablespoons orange juice. Proceed as above.

Yield: 3 dozen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 8:10*am, Mr. Bill > wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 07:26:48 -0500, wrote:
> > Me I'll just substitute.

> As you should. * I use margarine exclusively in baking and cooking at
> (88% less, in my area) *a fraction of the cost.

That's because you're a slob. You belong in a barnyard, eating out of
a hog trough.

--Bryan